The refs hate Justin Fields…

Valuist

EOG Master
Is there a more tell tale team than Pittsburgh under Tomlin? Bet them as a dog and favorite up to 4. Over 4 and fade them. They always tend to play to the level of competition.

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
NFL, NBA, NCAA & MLB are more corrupt than trump {and Biden~political system}...

This is some more blatant corrupt stuff we see on a daily basis.

Games are no longer determined on the field, or courts. NFL uses lame camera angles, lame replays, lame PI and lame holding calls to manipulate outcomes.
Isn't that like taking bribes {or keeping your job} so Big Money can suck even more from middle class Americas. Greed in America is Insatiable.

NFL refs don't become refs unless they know what calls make the most money for their networks, owners, & advertisers.

Refs/Umps are consistently inconsistent so they can cherry~pick calls. I sorta think the nfl should take out the passing play until they clean it up, cause its almost unwatchable now with their calls~no calls.

Zebras got "the word" from the networks, the league, and advertisers to hose the Bears tonight. .
{I got nothing on this game tonight...}

When is our society gonna clean up the totally blatant corruption in sports?

The word is out to all the media outlets to not say the word Ruggs...cause it means less money for some.

I agree with Mr. Kelly that there is a "secret pack" going on in NBA and all major sports.

Valuist

EOG Master
Sounds like he's out, which was expected. And the backup for Trevor Semien? None other than Nathan Peterman. He of the career 3 TD/12 INT, 4.2 yards/attempt stats. How can he still be in the NFL?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
In his first NFL start with the Buffalo Bills in 2017, Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions IN THE FIRST HALF.

Mercifully, he was benched at halftime.

Valuist

EOG Master
I would be surprised if Peterman could get a starting job in the CFL.

I took Mike White Under 30 1/2 pass attempts. If you are the Jets, why even bother throwing? The Bears run D is poor and why risk a turnover against a team that will be all out to score 10 points.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
From the suntimes:

The most entertaining part of the day came before kickoff, when the Bears dropped the weeklong subterfuge and announced that Fields wouldn’t play against the Jets because of an injured left shoulder. That meant Trevor Siemian would start at quarterback … until he strained an oblique muscle warming up before the game. That meant third-stringer Nathan Peterman, who hadn’t started since 2018, would lead the Bears against the Jets … hold it! … until it was announced that Siemian, with help from modern medicine, would give it a go.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's my favorite line about subpar NFL quarterbacks.

Ready?

Trevor Siemian was no good at Northwestern!

Formula: Said quarterback was no good at his alma mater! (Proclaim with exasperation)