The Weimar Way

brucefan

EOG Dedicated
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center>Posted on March 23rd, 2009 by Patrick J. Buchanan
</TD><TD vAlign=top><INPUT onclick="javascript:window.open('http://www.amconmag.com/emailblog.html?pagetitle=1656&blog=blog','info','width=550,height=550');" type=submit value="Send as Email" name=Submit>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
?The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency,? said Lord Keynes.
Ben Bernanke disagrees. A student of the Depression, the Fed chair appears far more fearful of deflation ? a vicious cycle of falling prices, debt defaults, home foreclosures and rising unemployment.
Deflation is what America underwent in the 1930s. A Fed-created bubble burst, causing margin calls to go out to stockholders, who ran to their banks that, besieged, collapsed, wiping out a third of our money. As Milton Friedman, who won a Nobel for his thesis that the Federal Reserve caused the Great Depression, told PBS in 2000:
?For every $100 in paper money, in deposits, in cash, in currency, in existence in 1929, by the time you got to 1933 there was only about $65, $66 left. And that extraordinary collapse in the banking system, with about a third of the banks failing ? with millions of people having their savings essentially washed out, that decline was utterly unnecessary.
?(T)he Federal Reserve had the power and the knowledge to have stopped that. And there were people at the time who were ? urging them to do that. So it was ? clearly a mistake of policy that led to the Great Depression.?
Is Bernanke fighting the war of 1929 in 2009? Surely, today, with the explosion in M1, the basic money supply, there is no shortage of dollars out there, even if they are not circulating fast enough.
To end our recession, Bernanke may be running an even greater risk: hyper-inflation. This has destroyed more nations than deflation or even depression.
Recall: It was French military intervention in the Ruhr in 1923, to force payment of war reparations, and Weimar?s decision to let the currency fall and pay the French in cheap marks that led to the wipeout of the German middle class, the discrediting of that democratic republic and the Munich beer-hall putsch of Adolf Hitler.
?The first panacea for a mismanaged nation,? said Ernest Hemingway, ?is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists.?
Which brings us to last week?s shocker.
The Fed will buy up $300 billion in long-term Treasury bonds and spend $750 billion more buying sub-prime mortgages to remove them from the balance sheets of ailing big banks, to get the banks lending again.
Bernanke is printing money to buy U.S. bonds.
This new gusher from the Fed, after the $700 billion TARP bailout, comes on top of a Congressional Budget Office estimate that this year?s deficit will be $1.85 trillion, 13.1 percent of gross domestic product, more than twice the share of the U.S. economy of the largest previous postwar deficit.
Concluding the dollar is being abandoned in a frantic Fed effort to stop the recession, markets reacted instantly. The dollar plunge was the steepest since the Plaza Agreement of 1985. Gold shot up to $950 an ounce. Silver had a 12 percent run-up, the sharpest ever. Oil prices surged above $50 a barrel. Commodity markets advanced.
The Fed seems to have confirmed the fears of Premier Wen Jiabao, who said that China is ?definitely a little worried? about the value of the U.S. bonds Beijing has purchased with the dollars piled up from her trade surpluses with the United States.
Can one blame the Chinese? They have already been burned on their U.S. investments. And if the defense of the dollar against its ancient enemy inflation is being abandoned, and protecting the dollar is to take a back seat to the Fed?s fight to avoid deflation, than it is indeed time to get out of the dollar and dollar-denominated assets.
For inflation is theft. It make liars and cheats of governments. By eroding the value of a currency, inflation punishes savers and creditors and rewards debtors. And what nation is the biggest debtor of them all? The United States of America.
Insidiously, inflation consumes the value of cash, savings, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, Treasury bonds, and T-bills. Friends who lent America money, who bought our debt in good faith, are robbed and made fools of, while speculators who bet against America by shorting the dollar in the currency markets are vastly rewarded.
Given the $3.6 trillion budget Obama plans, the $1.8 trillion in red ink he will run by Oct. 1 and the trillions the Fed is pumping into the economy, gross domestic product should spike, as it did after the far smaller stimulus package of 2008
We will feel a healthy glow, and folks will begin to sing, ?Happy Days Are Here Again.?
Yet one senses that we are doing again exactly what we have done before in this generation. Rather than endure the pain and accept the sacrifices to cure us of our addiction, we are going back to the heroin. And this time, with Dr. Bernanke handling the needle, we may just overdose.
COPYRIGHT 2009 CREATORS SYNDICATE INC.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Weimar Way

2012 forecast: Food riots, ghost malls, mob rule, terror
Trends chief says people should brace for 'the greatest depression'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 10, 2009
12:15 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
? 2009 WorldNetDaily

A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing."

And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns.

"Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website.

He also talked about his forecasts with Greg Corombos of Radio America/WND in an interview that has been posted online.

The recent surge in Wall Street indexes back to near the 10,000 level, still far below the 14,000 prior to the crash, should be no reassurance for anyone, he said.

"There's no recovery. This is merely a cover-up," he said. "The market crashed in March of 2009 and around the world they papered over the damage from the collapse with phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing," he said.

This is "much bigger" than an economic collapse, he said. "This is the decline of empire America."

Find out what you can do to be more prepared

"Look what's happened to the dollar," he warned. "Gold prices are surging forward. That's the evidence. The rest that's coming from Washington and Wall Street is rhetoric."

"This is the beginning of the greatest depression. We're telling our readers to take pro-active measures in anticipation of much worse to come," he said.

USA Today says Celente "has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right," and CNBC says, "The man knows what he's talking about."

The Wall Street Jounral has said, "Those who take their predictions seriously ? consider the Trends Research Institute."

He said during the Radio America/WND interview that retail sales this coming Christmas season will be the "real nail in the economic coffin."

"The second American revolution has already begun; it just hasn't been announced yet by the mainstream media," he said. "Anybody waiting for hope to show up at the door with a big bag full of money is going to be in for a shock."

Tim Barello in the Examiner noted that since 1980 Celente has made at least 40 accurate predictions about major world events, such as the 1987 stock market crash.

"Throughout the 1990's, many other forecasts came true, including the collapse of the Soviet Union, surges in global terrorism, the popularity of spiritual and new age philosophies, public backlash against globalization, upsurges in online shopping, and the 1997 Asian financial crisis, to name a select few," he wrote.

Now comes his forecast for a global depression and for the United States, "Obamageddon."

"We want to make it very clear that the policies leading to the decline of 'Empire America' have been long in the making," Celente told Barello. "What has happened in the Obama administration is that they have taken policies far beyond even what Bush took with the TARP program; for example, with his stimulus package, with the buyouts, with the bailouts, the rescue packages, these are unprecedented in American history.

"Never before has so much phantom money been printed out of thin air, backed by nothing, producing practically nothing," Celente continued. "You don't even have to be a student of history to know the outcome of this. All you have to do is have your eyes open, and start thinking for yourself."

In his conversation with the Examiner, Celente warned with the "bubble" bursts, U.S. taxpayers will be slammed because, unlike during the dot-com bubble, the stock market bubble and the real estate bubble, they are stockholders in a long list of major companies.

He forecasts the possibility of a civil war, and says if people want to see what Main Street America will look like, they should "drive around Detroit. Look at all the blown out houses and empty neighborhoods. Look at the violence that's increasing. ? Look at the types of heinous crimes being committed by people ? some blowing their whole families away?"

</SCRIPT><INS style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; VISIBILITY: visible; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; POSITION: relative; HEIGHT: 250px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"><INS style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; VISIBILITY: visible; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; POSITION: relative; HEIGHT: 250px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"><IFRAME id=google_ads_frame3 style="LEFT: 0px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px" name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-4593549117543665&format=250x250_as&output=html&h=250&w=250&lmt=1255184036&ad_type=text&color_bg=F5F5FF&color_border=F5F5FF&color_link=22229C&color_text=000000&color_url=FFFFFF&flash=10.0.32.18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scam.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D818206%23post818206&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scam.com%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D117145&dt=1255184036018&prev_fmts=728x90_as%2C250x250_as&correlator=1255184035409&frm=0&ga_vid=691600911.1255184035&ga_sid=1255184035&ga_hid=51256538&ga_fc=0&u_tz=-240&u_his=14&u_java=1&u_h=800&u_w=1280&u_ah=770&u_aw=1280&u_cd=32&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&biw=1259&bih=631&fu=0&ifi=3&dtd=15&xpc=k29QMcteE2&p=http%3A//www.scam.com" frameBorder=0 width=250 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency></IFRAME></INS></INS>

tank

EOG Dedicated

Senator: USA could be on path to a 'banana republic' situation...

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE DOLLAR COLLAPSES?
Trade wars could break out. Overexposed banks might collapse. And that's just for starters.
LINK HERE

Those Tea Party people, just a bunch of racists , I mean what possibly could they be upset about with our government :doh1
Funny they did not seem to mind when the dollar started dropping big time in 2004. I am really glad they are concerned now though :doh1
?

• The US dollar has now lost more than a third of its value (-35%) against a basket of major currencies since Feb 2002.
  • The decline is accelerating. The USD has shed -12.5% of its value in the last year, -3.5% in the last month, and -1.5% in the last week alone.

This is from 2007!!!!Where was the outrage then??????????????Where was all the patriots then ?????Now they are concerned???Gee better late then never right??

Senator: USA could be on path to a 'banana republic' situation...

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE DOLLAR COLLAPSES?
Trade wars could break out. Overexposed banks might collapse. And that's just for starters.
LINK HERE

Those Tea Party people, just a bunch of racists , I mean what possibly could they be upset about with our government :doh1

And the sheep just keep eatin' it up! Unreal! :doh1

How radical is Hussein?

Gregg is the RINO who was penciled in as the Kenyan Usurper's Sec. of Commerce but then abruptly withdrew when he found out ACORN would be running the census.

::oops::

"Banana republic" = understatement of the year!

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Here come the cheerleaders for

the 'it wasnt big enough team"

The dollar in your pocket is about to become toilet paper :doh1

'We're Going to Have to Have More Stimulus, More Spending,' Donaldson Contends

By Brent Baker | November 8, 2009 - 16:34

With the unemployment rate soaring in 10.2 percent in Friday's report on October, two old hands in the Washington press corps appeared on Sunday morning shows where they asserted that means we need another stimulus bill and/or the problem is the current ?stimulus? bill wasn't big enough. On This Week, ABC News vet Sam Donaldson maintained ?we're going to have to have more stimulus, more spending.?
Over on NBC's Meet the Press, Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne, a former Washington correspondent for the New York Times before covering politics for the Post, complained: ?The problem is the stimulus was too small, and they compromised it down and so you had less effect. I mean, the fact is these numbers would be a lot worse without the stimulus.?
Donaldson contended:

Haha. . . .the absolute incompetentce of the party you worship led to this. . .get ready for 2016. . . .Holla:+excited-

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Haha. . . .the absolute incompetentce of the party you worship led to this. . .get ready for 2016. . . .Holla:+excited-

You actually made a post without mentioning white women?

Amazing

I dont worship any party

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

you actually made a post without saying the sky is falling!:cheers

I back my posts up with facts and reasons

WTF with the white women black man, whatever the hell he is spewing

The sky is falling for the 20% of this country who are unemployed

Buy any gold yet pal ??????:LMAO

roscoe

EOG Veteran

bruce, please back your 20% unemployment number with some documentation!:pop:please no rightwing websites. real documentation!

tank

EOG Dedicated

He really does. That hyperinflation that was suppose to be here a few months ago is just about here.The high interest rates and food riots just have to be around the corner too, but the best one yet to come is the Dow dropping below 5000.Nostrabruce has good sources too, like where did he get that info from about hyperinflation?/well none other than from the hyperinflation organization :LMAO The all time best though come from Wayne Root about business considering that Root has been a failure at everything he has done and he could not even make it selling Real Estate when others were making a killing.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

bruce, please back your 20% unemployment number with some documentation!:pop:please no rightwing websites. real documentation!

http://www.shadowstats.com/

There are many reports including the governments own stats showing what the figure would be if you factor in people that have given up looking for a job, and or settled for part time work. You have to do the math.

Wall Street Journal has it at almost 17% in August

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/09/04/broader-unemployment-rate-hits-168-in-august/

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

He really does. That hyperinflation that was suppose to be here a few months ago is just about here.The high interest rates and food riots just have to be around the corner too, but the best one yet to come is the Dow dropping below 5000.Nostrabruce has good sources too, like where did he get that info from about hyperinflation?/well none other than from the hyperinflation organization :LMAO The all time best though come from Wayne Root about business considering that Root has been a failure at everything he has done and he could not even make it selling Real Estate when others were making a killing.

Tank chimes in with his normal load of crap

Show me one post where I said we would be in a HYPERINFLATION environment within months?

Hyperinflation is a worst case , but we are heading right towards it.

Gold is setting records, as I told you it would months ago ( which you just fail to mention}.

The dollar is eroding every day, which I said it would a year ago!

( while you were telling me the dollar wasnt showing any weakness!:LMAO)
I said at some point and ounce of gold and the dow would meet.

My guess is 5000 will be the number, but it could be 10,000, or 15,000

Inflation drives prices higher.

My guess is you will see 100 oil very soon, maybe before the end of the year

We will see.

Brace for impact, this does not end well

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

There are many reports including the governments own stats showing what the figure would be if you factor in people that have given up looking for a job, and or settled for part time work. You have to do the math.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/09/04/broader-unemployment-rate-hits-168-in-august/

Gerald Celente-American Unemployment Rates Really 20% Plus

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/hXJgg5eqZuE&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

tank

EOG Dedicated

It has been this way for for the last 5 years so why do you mention it now in one of your crying and doom and gloom rants??The WSJ is the same one that said this 5 years ago too but no mention from the sheep then??Wonder why??

tank

EOG Dedicated

Show me one post where I said we would be in a HYPERINFLATION environment within months?

Gold is setting records, as I told you it would months ago ( which you just fail to mention}.

We will see.

Everyone knows Gold is going to record prices but we will give you the credit if it makes you feel better and gives you a prediction right.
I have maintained that the dollar has been weak for awhile but has always came back up.You failed to mention that under Bush we had the same thing with the dollar but no doom and gloom cries from you then ???

roscoe

EOG Veteran

We will see.

can i have under 100.00 per barrel oil by dec.31 for the limit!:pop:

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Feds: 4 Trillion Dollars For Next Market Crash

(snippet)

Instead, it supports the biggest banks. It authorizes Federal Reserve banks to provide as much as $4 trillion in emergency funding the next time Wall Street crashes. So much for ?no-more-bailouts? talk. That is more than twice what the Fed pumped into markets this time around. The size of the fund makes the bribes in the Senate?s health-care bill look minuscule.

-- Oh, hold on, the Federal Reserve and Treasury Secretary can?t authorize these funds unless ?there is at least a 99 percent likelihood that all funds and interest will be paid back.? Too bad the same models used to foresee the housing meltdown probably will be used to predict this likelihood as well.

More Bailouts

-- The bill also allows the government, in a crisis, to back financial firms? debts. Bondholders can sleep easy -- there are more bailouts to come.
LINK HERE

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Just another fear monger,

our President said everything on the right track thanks to him , and he would never lie to us

After all, he was community organizer,

Default And Hyperinflation

(snippet)
Default And Hyperinflation
This is not the first time in history that the U.S. has stood at the edge of national default. In 1933 during the early stages of the Great Depression the U.S. government was technically bankrupt. However, at that time U.S. bonds were tied to gold, and were issued with the promise that said bonds could be exchanged for gold coin. Investors and foreign banks bought U.S. bonds believing that the gold backed paper would protect them from inflation and that the U.S. government under Roosevelt would honor the gold agreement. Roosevelt did the opposite, inflating the dollar to pay government and military expenses, then refused to allow bondholders to cash in their bonds for gold:
http://www.roubini.com/globalmacro-monitor/255267/was_there_ever_a_default_on_us_treasury_debt
The bondholders lost an incredible sum, while Roosevelt and the Treasury hoarded gold stores and walked away with other peoples savings.
It is important to note that the government under the direction of President Obama has recently declared the continuous issuance of new "Buy America Bonds" apparently because foreign interest in U.S. debt has disintegrated:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60T1VJ20100130
This may be another ill-conceived attempt to recreate the same swindle Roosevelt initiated in the 1930's, and BAB's should be avoided.
Roosevelt was able to get away with his clever scam for a number of reasons, including the fact that physical gold was still used widely as a currency in the U.S., and the fact that the advent of WWII obscured the after-effects of default in the public eye. Today, circumstances are different.

Posted by Economic Analyst at <A class=timestamp-link title="permanent link" href="http://thecomingdepression.blogspot.com/2010/02/default-and-hyperinflation.html" rel=bookmark><ABBR class=published title=2010-02-11T07:33:00-08:00>7:33 AM</ABBR> 18 comments

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Healthcare Bill to Cause U.S. Hyperinflation By 2015

FORT LEE, N.J., March 20 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Inflation Association - http://inflation.us - today issued a warning to all Americans of a potential outbreak of hyperinflation in the U.S. by year 2015 caused primarily by the healthcare bill and rising interest payments on our national debt.

Medicare was created in 1966 at a cost of $3 billion per year and the House Ways and Means Committee estimated in 1966 that in 1990 the cost of Medicare would reach $12 billion per year. Instead, the actual cost of Medicare in 1990 was $107 billion (792% more than what was projected) and today Medicare costs $408 billion annually. In 2003, the White House Office of Management and Budget estimated that the Iraq War would have a total cost of $50 to $60 billion. So far, we have already spent $713 billion on the Iraq War (over 1,000% more than what was projected).

The Congressional Budget Office is estimating that the healthcare bill will cost $940 billion over the next 10 years, but if history is any indication, the actual cost will likely be several trillion dollars. NIA believes the healthcare bill will be the final nail in the coffin of the U.S. economy and will just about guarantee that we will see hyperinflation by the year 2015.

The U.S. government last week reported a record monthly budget deficit for February 2010 of $220.9 billion. Total tax receipts for the month were only $107.5 billion compared to outlays of $328.4 billion. The total U.S. deficit for the first five months of fiscal year 2010 was $651.6 billion, with tax receipts of $800.5 billion and outlays of $1.45 trillion. The deficit was up 10.5% for the first five months of fiscal year 2010 over the same period in fiscal year 2009.

We are now at a point where if the U.S. government taxed Americans 100% of their income, the tax receipts generated would not be enough to balance the budget. Likewise, if the U.S. government cut 100% of its spending including defense, but kept paying Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, we would still have a budget deficit. NIA believes it will be impossible for the U.S. to have a balanced budget ever again.

The U.S. national debt is now $12.67 trillion of which $8.061 trillion is public debt. Due to the Federal Reserve's artificially low interest rates of 0% to 0.25%, interest payments on our national debt last month were only $16.9 billion, an interest rate of only 2.548% on our public debt. The reason for the spread between our 2.548% interest rate on the public debt and the federal funds rate of 0 to 0.25% is that a portion of our national debt is made up of long-term bonds at higher interest rates.

Our debt ceiling was recently raised to $14.3 trillion, which we are on track to reach in less than a year, sending our public debt up to about $10 trillion. If the Federal Reserve raises the federal funds rate up to just 2% during the next year, NIA believes the interest rate on our public debt could rise to 5% and our annual interest payments will likely rise to $500 million or 23% of projected 2010 tax receipts of $2.165 trillion.

The White House is not projecting for interest payments on the national debt to break the $500 million mark until fiscal year 2014. By then, even if we go by White House projections that the deficit will be cut to $828 billion in 2012, $727 billion in 2013 and $706 billion in 2014, in 2014 we will still be looking at a national debt of over $18.5 trillion with a public portion of around $13.14 trillion. We find it shocking that the White House is projecting an interest rate on our public debt in 2014 of only around 4%.

All of this means that the While House expects the Federal Reserve to leave interest rates at artificially low levels almost indefinitely. However, we know it will be impossible for them to do so without creating a huge outbreak of inflation in the prices of food, energy, clothing, and just about everything else Americans need to live and survive. In order to prevent hyperinflation, we need interest rates to be higher than the rate of inflation.

NIA believes the real rate of U.S. inflation to already be approximately 5%. If the Federal Reserve doesn't raise the federal funds rate to above 5% in the short-term, in our opinion, an outbreak of double-digit inflation is inevitable. By 2014, it is possible the Federal Reserve will be forced to raise the federal funds rate up to above 10% and the public portion of our national debt could exceed $15 trillion. Therefore, in 2014 we could see the interest payments on our national debt reach $1.5 trillion, about triple what is currently being projected and 43% of the government's projected tax receipts that year of $3.455 trillion.

Besides the cost of the healthcare bill and rising interest payments on our national debt, another major catalyst for hyperinflation will be social security payments, which adjust to the CPI-index. As the government's CPI-index rises, so will the social security payments that it owes. This could cause a death-spiral in the U.S. dollar. Inflation is still the last thing on the minds of most Americans, but soon it will be their primary concern.

To receive NIA's latest updates about inflation and the economy, sign-up for the free NIA newsletter at: http://inflation.us

About us:

The National Inflation Association is an organization that is dedicated to preparing Americans for hyperinflation. The NIA offers free membership at http://www.inflation.us and provides its members with articles about the economy and inflation, news stories, important charts not shown by the mainstream media; YouTube videos featuring Jim Rogers, Marc Faber, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and others; and profiles of gold, silver, and agriculture companies that we believe could prosper in an inflationary environment.

Contact: Gerard Adams, 1-888-99-NIA US (1888-996-4287), editor@inflation.us

SOURCE National Inflation Association

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

But at least it will not be here until 2015 now.Last year they was saying it would be here by this year.:cheers

Wrong

But they did say gold would and silver would soar, which they both did

Your facts our as cloudy as Hussein's

tank

EOG Dedicated

Wrong

But they did say gold would and silver would soar, which they both did

Your facts our as cloudy as Hussein's
Everybody and their brother said Gold and Silver were going up. Maybe it was food riots or the Depression that was suppose to be here this year??You have so many doom and gloom predictions it is hard to keep them all straight.I am sure one of them will come true and make you happy.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Tank says everything is fine so please ignore this post full of misleading FACTS

By the way, I know more people selling gold, then buying :+clueless

FDIC takes a billion dollar hit

<HR style="COLOR: #a93c3c; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a93c3c" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->The FDIC took a big hit Friday as the regulatory agency shut down 7 banks and the inability to find a buyer for one of them led to a huge loss.

?Bank of Hiawassee Failed. The failure is expected to cost the insurance fund $137.7 million.
?Century Security Bank, is expected to cost the insurance fund $29.9 million.
?State Bank of Aurora will cost the insurance fund $4.2 million.
?American National Bank's failure will cost the FDIC approximately $17.1 million
?First Lowndes Bank will cost the fund $38.3 million.
And here are the bigger ones.........

?Appalachian Community Bank's failure is expected to cost the FDIC $419.3 million
?Finally, the FDIC Was unable to find a buyer for Advanta Bank Corp., based in Draper, Utah and as a result, the FDIC is expected to take a 635 million dollar hit.

When all is said and done, the FDIC was drained for a billion dollars this week bringing the number of total bank closures to 37. There were 140 in all of last year.

Why do I get this feeling that we are all due for a major reality check?

Source: FDIC

tank

EOG Dedicated

Tank says everything is fine so please ignore this post full of misleading FACTS

By the way, I know more people selling gold, then buying :+clueless

FDIC takes a billion dollar hit

<hr style="color: rgb(169, 60, 60); background-color: rgb(169, 60, 60);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->The FDIC took a big hit Friday as the regulatory agency shut down 7 banks and the inability to find a buyer for one of them led to a huge loss.

?Bank of Hiawassee Failed. The failure is expected to cost the insurance fund $137.7 million.
?Century Security Bank, is expected to cost the insurance fund $29.9 million.
?State Bank of Aurora will cost the insurance fund $4.2 million.
?American National Bank's failure will cost the FDIC approximately $17.1 million
?First Lowndes Bank will cost the fund $38.3 million.
And here are the bigger ones.........

?Appalachian Community Bank's failure is expected to cost the FDIC $419.3 million
?Finally, the FDIC Was unable to find a buyer for Advanta Bank Corp., based in Draper, Utah and as a result, the FDIC is expected to take a 635 million dollar hit.

When all is said and done, the FDIC was drained for a billion dollars this week bringing the number of total bank closures to 37. There were 140 in all of last year.

Why do I get this feeling that we are all due for a major reality check?

Source: FDIC
With Gold at it's price hell yes it is a good time to sell.Most people are selling and making a huge profit.It is not shocking that banks are closing and this should have happened years ago.
Where have I said everything is fine???Things are not good but they are not all doom and gloom like you predict hoping America fails.It is funny you post articles about the dollars demise but when it comes back up you never bring that thread up until it goes down again.You keep posting articles from a group that warns hyperinflation and just keep on pushing the date back when it does not happen.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

If you sell gold here, you will regret it

If you think this is a dollar rally that will last, you will also be painfully wrong

The dollar has gained , but only against a basket of other fiat currencies

It has not been strong compared to gold, which if you have noticed, has not pulled back much this time while the dollar index has risen

I am not Kreskin, I have no idea what day the shtf, but it will

I post facts, some people just choose to ignore them, and go back and watch American idol

Free Country, I thought :+clueless

tank

EOG Dedicated

If you sell gold here, you will regret it

If you think this is a dollar rally that will last, you will also be painfully wrong

The dollar has gained , but only against a basket of other fiat currencies

It has not been strong compared to gold, which if you have noticed, has not pulled back much this time while the dollar index has risen

I am not Kreskin, I have no idea what day the shtf, but it will

I post facts, some people just choose to ignore them, and go back and watch American idol

Free Country, I thought :+clueless
It's all good Bruce.If you haven't noticed most people simply do not respond since they have heard you cry wolf so many times.What you claim as facts do not turn out that way most times that anyone can see.The dollar has been up and down for years now.Keep swinging for the fences man you will knock one out soon I'm sure.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

There are no FACTS that have been posted here by me that are not true, none. You may not think that they are significant enough to care about or understand, however the facts are the facts. Everyone may interpret them differently

Future trends predict future events

If you think that what is coming is just normal fluctuation of the dollar, then you also must believe that the economy has recovered enough to withstand much higher rates

Why cant the US raise rates when other countries already have?

Everyone should watch this video and tell me how this leads to anything normal?

By the way, this was recorded a year ago, before more dollars were

printed to cover failed bond auctions, support fnma, fhlmc,gmac, fdic, gm, 2 wars, bogus jobs bills, stimulus plans, and all the other wholes in the dam

There are no signs of spending stopping anytiime soon that I can see

Maybe you hadnt noticed the debt limit being raised to 14.3 trillion, thats a fact. Maybe you just think thats just a 'cushion" and they will never spend up to the limit :+clueless Maybe you think Elvis is still alive

If rates were raised high enough to equal how much money has been printed, everything collapses

If rates stay at zero, our dollar will be worthless

You choose

Your point has always been that this has been building for years, and it has

However now we have a marxist regime in office who wants to fundamentally transform america into a new economic system, by imploding the current one

He is doing a good job of it

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/lNS8IY_Td14&hl=en&fs=1 width=480 height=295 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

Tank on record, gold at 1100 is a sell :pop:
</EMBED>

tank

EOG Dedicated

Bruce I am not saying to sell Gold..I pointed out that if you bought it at around 800-900 and you wanted to make a profit then by all means sell it and take the money and run.How are you going to spin this one now???Personally Gold is the only safe bet right now unless you want to take the profit and invest in cheap real estate.Sorry but anything Glenn Beck pushes usually turns out to be a lie or more fantasy talking points to scare the herd.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Bruce I am not saying to sell Gold..I pointed out that if you bought it at around 800-900 and you wanted to make a profit then by all means sell it and take the money and run.How are you going to spin this one now???Personally Gold is the only safe bet right now unless you want to take the profit and invest in cheap real estate.Sorry but anything Glenn Beck pushes usually turns out to be a lie or more fantasy talking points to scare the herd.

Why is gold a safe bet? The dollar is just going to go up and down right, like it always has???? A lttle confused here

Glenn Beck in the video doesnt "push anything" He is trying to show people how massive the increase in money supply is wtf?

tank

EOG Dedicated

Why is gold a safe bet? The dollar is just going to go up and down right, like it always has???? A lttle confused here

Glenn Beck in the video doesnt "push anything" He is trying to show people how massive the increase in money supply is wtf?
Compare Gold to the Stock Market the last few years .Which one seems like a safer bet to you??
We have been increasing the money supply for years now Bruce>>Were was your concern when the debt went from 5 to 9 trillion dollars???????????????

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Compare Gold to the Stock Market the last few years .Which one seems like a safer bet to you??
We have been increasing the money supply for years now Bruce>>Were was your concern when the debt went from 5 to 9 trillion dollars???????????????

G-d how I am sick of that stupid response

Anyway, its where, with an h

You sound like a little baby , ready to play the race card against me or something

I am not sure what else people mean when they say such off the wall comments

I am talking about it now, ya know, now that the debt is 14 trillion, a little higher then 9 dont ya think? :doh1

tank

EOG Dedicated

G-d how I am sick of that stupid response

Anyway, its where, with an h

You sound like a little baby , ready to play the race card against me or something

I am not sure what else people mean when they say such off the wall comments

I am talking about it now, ya know, now that the debt is 14 trillion, a little higher then 9 dont ya think? :doh1
Bruce do you remember when they came out with the same chart after the recession of 81-82 and it looked like the same thing as this one??
Have you gone Joe and are worried about spelling now as your only defense??Did you not know what I meant with that spelling????????Is that all you have with your the sky is falling crap??What in Sam Hell does race have to do with this???Is that all you have left besides fear??
And for the last 20 years it is always higher when talking about the debt but no one wants to take responsibility and just wants to blame the other guy...see a pattern here?????

Hey brucefan, if tank keeps insisting you're a Chicken Little kook, does he hold the same level of contempt toward the American people who intuitively sense something is dramatically wrong? :+clueless

Poll: 79% fear U.S. economy could collapse

posted at 8:18 pm on March 23, 2010 by Allahpundit
<small> Share on Facebook | printer-friendly </small>

Imagine how grim the numbers would be if ObamaCare hadn’t solved the problem of rising health-care costs.
The latest Fox News poll finds that 79 percent of voters think it’s possible the economy could collapse, including large majorities of Democrats (72 percent), Republicans (84 percent) and independents (80 percent).

Just 18 percent think the economy is “so big and strong it could never collapse.”

Moreover, 78 percent of voters believe the federal government is “larger and more costly” than it has ever been before, and by nearly three-to-one more voters think the national debt (65 percent) is a greater potential threat to the country’s future than terrorism (23 percent)

Three in 10 American voters (30 percent) say they are comfortable with the size and role of the federal government right now, while 65 percent say the government has become too big and “is restricting American freedoms.”

Sizable majorities of Republicans (84 percent) and independents (74 percent) think the government is too big, while just over half of Democrats (51 percent) are okay with the size of government.
Eh. This is irresistible as a talking point against The One, but after the financial crisis, 10% unemployment, and now the daily spectacle in Greece, how useful is a poll where the choice is between “it’ll never collapse” and “it could”? More interesting are the numbers on size of government. This is another reason why I don’t worry about that Gallup poll showing a bounce for O-Care: Ultimately, the warm and fuzzies being felt at the thought of insuring the uninsured will run head-first into anxiety about government bloat, unless Democrats can come up with a way to argue that a massive new federal entitlement is somehow going to shrink government too. They try, sort of — there’s a reason Orszag was so wedded to the talking point that ObamaCare will bend the curve — but eventually they’ll either raise taxes and anger that 65 percent or not raise taxes and anger them by driving up the deficit. Although, given the sheer magnitude by which this thing could overshoot cost estimates, I suppose higher taxes and higher deficits are possible. But the upside? ObamaCare just might bring about peace in the Middle East. Seriously!

For your viewing pleasure, here’s Reason TV interviewing an economics professor whose skepticism about Keynes clearly marks him as a racist.
<object width="640" height="385">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQoSoFD5bEQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>​