There won't be a second shutdown

mr merlin

EOG Master
But how many of them will give it to older people who will die
A silly question since obviously no one knows, a few but prob not as many as the fear mongers would think. Do most young people - lets say in their 20's hang out a lot around their parents and grandparents? prob not, they miss that 1 week window where they're infectious and nothing happens at all.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Maybe having all these people over 60 die of covid is the master plan to save Medicare and social security.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I was quoting the WHO, genius.

Take it up with them.

First of all...you originally wrote you were quoting CDC...then you changed to WHO....you believed it cause there was another post where u said asymptomatic cannot spread.

So admit you were wrong
And admit the WHO was wrong

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Show me where I said the CDC. If I ever did, it was a typo.

The WHO was not wrong. The WHO said they cannot precisely put in numbers the asymptomatic spread but also stated that it was rare.

You clearly have no idea how statistics work.

I can tell you that 80/1 horses do not win that often by watching a month of races. I cannot tell you PRECISELY how often they win without having enough data to pull a good enough sample.

This is rocket science to fucking idiots.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Show me where I said the CDC. If I ever did, it was a typo.

The WHO was not wrong. The WHO said they cannot precisely put in numbers the asymptomatic spread but also stated that it was rare.

You clearly have no idea how statistics work.

I can tell you that 80/1 horses do not win that often by watching a month of races. I cannot tell you PRECISELY how often they win without having enough data to pull a good enough sample.

This is rocket science to fucking idiots.

You seem very angry. Are u an unstable person?

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Ghosts? Umm. Ok. I've been posting across multiple forums with this username and this username alone since 2007.

What are you "onto" exactly?

Heim

EOG Master
There is a big struggle right now between the liberal run states starting to close businesses and the Trump administration.
Trump needs a steady economic recovery to win. No recovery if everything is closing up again.

Cec The Fleece

EOG Senior Member
To M Focker.

Just another Self-Proclaimed Keyboard Genius! Seen enough of your sorry act. Go take your negative ass angry energy somewhere and try and do something positive for a change.
Gag time.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
What constitutes a shut down?

Schools, bars, sports

Or just something as severe as we are seeing in parts of Australia?

If the CDC numbers are correct, 1 in 160 cases in the US died. That's SIX TENTHS OF ONE PERCENT. And we already know those were mostly people knocking at death's door.

Covid has 99.98 recovery rate.

The majority of those who have died after contracting the novel coronavirus are people over the age of 80, with 2,080 deaths recorded in total since the beginning March.

The fact is that the survival rate of corona is 99.97% for anyone under 50. For a 74 year old man like Trump the survival rate is 96%

So Trump was playing Russian Roulette with his life in acting irresponsibly.

And under 50 people acting foolishly, selfishly & irresponsibly are putting the 50+ & "high risk" people's lives & health in peril.

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):

Ages 0-19: 99.997%

Ages 20-49: 99.98%

Ages 50-69: 99.5%

Ages 70+: 94.6%

So if you're 70+ there is a very real chance of dying from a C-19 infection. Greater than 5% or 5 in 100.

Also if you're 50-69 there is a very real chance of dying from a C-19 infection. Exactly 5 in 1000.

Anyone wanna play some "Russian Roulette". That's a fool's game.

Wake up.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ian%20roulette
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ssian-roulette
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...ssian-roulette

The following is from:

[/URL]

Shutdowns were the most effective precaution there was from a cautious health expert perspective. That's why the experts advocated lockdowns. They worked to save millions of lives from death, as well as millions of others from illness, hospitalization, ICU & long term negative health effects. Which would have impacted economies negatively. And led to hospitals being overwhelmed & having to choose between who lives & who dies because they wouldn't have been able to treat many emergency patients on arrival & have been forced to turn many away from timely needed emergency care. Leading to many more deaths.

So you're saying you advocated a Swedish approach "all along" from the beginning of the pandemic? Are you not aware that Sweden has suffered way more infections and deaths relative to their Nordic neighbours with no advantage economically? The Sweden approach has been a failure!

Are you not aware that even apparently healthy young people are dying & suffering long term negative consequences from C-19, in addition to suffering in ICU's from the illness. Which you ignored from my previous post.

"I was infected with coronavirus in March, six months on I’m still unwell

Charlie Russell, 27, is one of an estimated 600,000 people with post-Covid illness, a condition that may give an insight into ME"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-still-unwell

More on the long term negative effects of C-19 infection here:

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/c-19...vivors.723087/

As for the shutdowns, what is obviously clear is they have had many benefits:

1) serious vehicular accidents & deaths are way way down
2) flu deaths & serious complications have decreased tremendously
3) C-19 ill health & deaths are far less due to the lockdowns
4) likewise probably other communicable diseases (e.g. tuberculosis, HIV) have been greatly reduced by the extreme safety measures in place
5) street crimes have probably been highly reduced.
6) families have been able to spend more time together enjoying each others company while free from the slavery of that 4 letter word "work" that the vast majority hate. Giving more time for quality of life activities like sex & various entertainments.
7) abortions (child murder) are probably down.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...1#post13211637

Many kids & young people's lives have already been saved due to the worldwide lockdowns.

Because motor vehicle accident deaths are the #1 leading worldwide cause of death in such.

"Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens."

https://www.google.com/search?q=lead...hrome&ie=UTF-8

"Each year, 1.35 million people are killed on roadways around the world.4

"...Road traffic injuries are estimated to be the eighth leading cause of death globally for all age groups and the leading cause of death for children and young people 5–29 years of age. More people now die in road traffic crashes than from HIV/AIDS.4"

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/features/...nd%20cyclists.

As for "trillions in damage", there would have been huge economic damage with or without the shutdowns. Without shutdowns millions more people get ill, hospitalized, suffer long term ill health & death leading to employees being absent from work, businesses shutdown anyway, & in many cases for much longer, etc.

Nearly 40% of U.S. deaths from COVID-19 have taken place in nursing homes or long-term care facilities.
In MN the avg age of people who died is 83.6
There will be a second shutdown. It’s part of the depopulation agenda. it’s also political. Suicide rates sky high. I don’t know how people do that. I’d rather live on the street than take my own life.

"All Covid did was hasten the inevitable".

No, covid-19 has already robbed the world of hundreds of thousands of years of human life. And will cause many thousands of years of ill health to survivors.

A society's value can be measured by how it protects its most weak members.

That's like these dumb statements:

"All suicide does is rid the human race of the weak" & "All suicide does is hasten the inevitable".

Those who keep crying about the statistically insignificant number of excess suicides during the pandemic, while lightly dismissing the value of the far greater & statistically significant number of older citizens dying from C-19, should consider that.

mr merlin

EOG Master

No, covid-19 has already robbed the world of hundreds of thousands of years of human life. And will cause many thousands of years of ill health to survivors.

A society's value can be measured by how it protects its most weak members.

That's like these dumb statements:

"All suicide does is rid the human race of the weak" & "All suicide does is hasten the inevitable".

Those who keep crying about the statistically insignificant number of excess suicides during the pandemic, while lightly dismissing the value of the far greater & statistically significant number of older citizens dying from C-19, should consider that.
Perhaps you should lead the way and lock yourself down? You seem rather passionate about it, why not practice what you preach?

Perhaps you should lead the way and lock yourself down? You seem rather passionate about it, why not practice what you preach?

I do.

Yet I'd need to be in the South Pole or on the moon or wearing a hazmat suit 24/7 to approach 100% safety from covidiots.

But here's another thought:

"I'd suggest employing many thousands of the unemployed as C-19 rule enforcement officers. Get people back to work & kill the virus at the same time via enforcement. Kill two birds with one stone. Maybe even start with $1000 fines for first offences, or arrest & jail the covidiots. Hotels could be used for jailing purposes if the "accommodations" become full elsewhere. That could put hotel staff back to work rather than receiving free government payouts for doing nothing."

http://forums.eog.com/index.php?thr...ed-as-c-19-rule-enforcement-officers.7467228/