This is a bona fide American hero

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I had the following incident in downtown Detroit just this past Saturday night:

The wife and myself were out at a restaurant in Detroit (Woodward area near Campus Martius), used valet parking. Had a wonderful dinner, etc.

Afterwards, back at the valet station, we are waiting for our car.

A black man (6' 2" about 270 lbs) comes up to us wanting to know if we wanted to buy any fragrances, and he has a small bottle in his hands to show us.

I kindly said no.

After I said no, he goes into this abusive verbal assault on us, asserting we are not buying from his because his is a black man and that we are white suburban racists.

By that point, my emotions are running high, and i'm like we support Detroit and the businesses here, etc.

He goes on the racist bit again, he is screaming at us, even saying try calling the police, they aren't going to help you, and after that, go to SW Detroit and see how long you last there!

All the while, the (white) valet guy is just standing there doing nothing. he even appeared to know this guy.

After a couple of minutes of escalation of engaging with this guy, both my wife and myself blood is boiling over, I started to thing what if this guy pulls out a gun, which i'm thinking there's probably a 25% chance of that.

At this point our car is waiting for us, and I grabbed my wife by the arm and said we have to leave now and got the heck out of there.

We called the manager of the restaurant and bitched them out, etc.

Never in my life was I in that kind of position where I didn't know if a gun was going to be pulled out on us. Most of the time, you get approached by these panhandlers tell them no, then they move on. This individual certainly had a vendetta against white suburban people.

My wife said if she had a CPL she would have popped him right then and there as one could say this guy was about to become violent. He was definably violent in his speech.

Best thing that we did was just walk away.

My blood still boils just thinking about the incident! Maybe a good shoot of pepper spray in this guys face would have done the trick!!!!

Good job to walk away, 300.

I rarely speak to strangers, especially those who are battling mental health issues.

As gamblers, we excel at assessing risk and reward.

Safety is a state of mind.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Good job to walk away, 300.

I rarely speak to strangers, especially those who are battling mental health issues.

As gamblers, we excel at assessing risk and reward.

Safety is a state of mind.

Walking away was very smart…could have escalated into something really unfortunate….wrong place at the wrong time…really unbelievable how dangerous these cities in the USA have become..I miss living in the States but I believe I made the right decision of moving overseas…

mr merlin

EOG Master
Walking away was very smart…could have escalated into something really unfortunate….wrong place at the wrong time…really unbelievable how dangerous these cities in the USA have become..I miss living in the States but I believe I made the right decision of moving overseas…
The decline of society and cities in general is not accidental, it's by design. The gunman/robber in the houston restaurant had shot and killed someone just a few years before and yet was released after maybe 5 yrs. Allowing criminals and crazy people to roam the streets with virtually no fear of consequences if they commit crimes has led to an entirely predictable result.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The decline of society and cities in general is not accidental, it's by design. The gunman/robber in the houston restaurant had shot and killed someone just a few years before and yet was released after maybe 5 yrs. Allowing criminals and crazy people to roam the streets with virtually no fear of consequences if they commit crimes has led to an entirely predictable result.

You make a ton of sense…so do you bring back the electric chair?

mr merlin

EOG Master
You make a ton of sense…so do you bring back the electric chair?
I'm not against capital punishment but it's not gonna solve anything, the solutions will occur in society, not in prisons.

I hear in CA you can steal up to $1000 worth of stuff and they wont do a thing to you even if caught(and they dont try to catch them) - that means people just wander into places and steal stuff openly and walk out. Some guy in NY swung a baseball bat at a mans head and severely injured him, he was let out the next day with no bail. You either have laws and enforce them or you have chaos.

This nutcase that walked up to mr bowling and tried to intimidate him for money is just another symptom, he did it openly, right outside a business with employees standing right there. In the recent past that would never happen because someone would call the cops and the guy would be at least in some trouble, now they couldn't care less, they feel untouchable.

railbird

EOG Master
the ralphs on pch in long beach gets looted daily by homeless, multiple times daily. many of them carry knives, some do a drive by swipe of alcohol and even take their stolen E bikes into ralphs and drive them up and down thie aisles. Geroge Gascon doesnt do anything about it

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MrTop

EOG Master
I'm not against capital punishment but it's not gonna solve anything, the solutions will occur in society, not in prisons.

I hear in CA you can steal up to $1000 worth of stuff and they wont do a thing to you even if caught(and they dont try to catch them) - that means people just wander into places and steal stuff openly and walk out. Some guy in NY swung a baseball bat at a mans head and severely injured him, he was let out the next day with no bail. You either have laws and enforce them or you have chaos.

This nutcase that walked up to mr bowling and tried to intimidate him for money is just another symptom, he did it openly, right outside a business with employees standing right there. In the recent past that would never happen because someone would call the cops and the guy would be at least in some trouble, now they couldn't care less, they feel untouchable.

I agree 100% But the state needs your checking account number for new prisons @ $199 per month

MrTop

EOG Master
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NYC Mayor Adams Pleads for Emergency Aid to House Migrants​

• More than 800 assylum seekers arrived in one day in January
  • Cost to provide services could top $1.5 billion, NYC says

mr merlin

EOG Master

NYC Mayor Adams Pleads for Emergency Aid to House Migrants​

• More than 800 assylum seekers arrived in one day in January
  • Cost to provide services could top $1.5 billion, NYC says
Poor NY, my heart weeps for their problems.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Legalizing marijuana had an unintended consequence of squeezing the illegal drug market in inner cities.

Selling weed is one of the major revenue sources for gangs in cities like New York, Detroit and Chicago.

The rash of thefts, burglaries and robberies in big cities is at a troubling level.

#Beware

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That is an interesting and not impossible theory so that means JK stole it from someone else without giving credit.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Show me where I backed TCU….I’ll wait

You Said They Belonged In The Final Four.

Over Alabama.

I Disagreed.

And TCU Got Their Ass Handed To Them In The Championship Game.

Championship Game Sucked.

Because TCU Was In It.

Alabama Would Have Been A Competitive Opponent.

Alabama Wouldn't Have Been A 14 Point Underdog, Like TCU Was.

Didn't Say You Wagered On TCU.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Adding to list.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to steal catalytic converters in CA with the new laws they just passed.

If they find any of the other yo-yos with this guy the will all be charged with his murder. As they should. Because of that don't look for any of them to say anything about this time

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
1 guy & 2 gals were with this thief & were arrested. Gascon wants to put cops in jail not real criminals so nothing will happen to them.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
1 guy & 2 gals were with this thief & were arrested. Gascon wants to put cops in jail not real criminals so nothing will happen to them.

Not so sure here. Because someone died while committing a crime these 3 yahoos can be charged with murder for this death. I would do it for one reason: To "send a message" to all that this type of crime will not be condoned.

Do I think it will happen? NO!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You have to be a special kind of stupid to steal catalytic converters in CA with the new laws they just passed.

If they find any of the other yo-yos with this guy the will all be charged with his murder. As they should. Because of that don't look for any of them to say anything about this time
Thieves are rarely smart.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
uhmmmmmmmm, robbing money is a crime but shooting a guy who is walking away is worse, way way way worse.

he needs to pay the price.

texas is a shitt state. i would NEVER live there. NEVER.

mr merlin

EOG Master
as the robber was WALKING AWAY

stealing money very very very bad.

shooting someone 9 times who was WALKING AWAY ?

NO COMPARISON TO ROBBERY
Naah, the guy was still circling and telling people to get their wallets out, that man is a hero a 100 times over.

I want to live in a world where armed robbers are gunned down by citizens in cafe's...I think we all do.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
^^^ is another piece of shit that hopefully receives a proper mag dump before he commits another robbery.

Unfortunately this sort of thing still hasn't happened enough to wake people up.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
uhmmmmmmmm, robbing money is a crime but shooting a guy who is walking away is worse, way way way worse.

What he needs is a gold medal and a free replacement box of ammo.

mr merlin

EOG Master
No comparison to robbery.

Unless, of course, you're the victim of the robbery attack.

And I would argue it's an attack, not a robbery.
Exactly, the guy had a gun and was pointing it at multiple people while committing a robbery of every person - the fact the gun turned out to be fake is meaningless, no one knew that.

And sorry, you dont get to steal and walk away scot free, TX isn't san francisco.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Naah, the guy was still circling and telling people to get their wallets out, that man is a hero a 100 times over.

I want to live in a world where armed robbers are gunned down by citizens in cafe's...I think we all do.

I'd also rather live in a place that would have put that piece of shit in the electric chair or put him to sleep via a simpler method after his previous committed murder.

Good riddance to the piece of shit. Pepe Eastwood did go a bit over the top, but he's still a hero and I'd never vote to convict him of any crime.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'd also rather live in a place that would have put that piece of shit in the electric chair or put him to sleep via a simpler method after his previous committed murder.

Good riddance to the piece of shit. Pepe Eastwood did go a bit over the top, but he's still a hero and I'd never vote to convict him of any crime.
Throwing his coffee cup at him was poor form(but no crime), pumping in a few extra rounds was certainly justified.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
as the robber was WALKING AWAY

stealing money very very very bad.

shooting someone 9 times who was WALKING AWAY ?

NO COMPARISON TO ROBBERY
You are wrong. As others have pointed out he was not walking away. He was putting peoples lives in peril. As Merlin also pointed out it does not matter that the gun was fake. If your sitting in that restaurant you think it is a real gun and your life and well being is in danger.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
That is one tough girl in the other video. She took one hell of a punch. Too bad she didn't have a gun behind the counter. As the guy had his back to her scooping out the cash she could have shot him from behind.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Ask Michigan St how soft on crime DA’s is working out.