Ticket brokers making huge WS Game 6 wagers...

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Ticket brokers making huge WS Game 6 wagers...

This has been going on for 50 years, finally made the media

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Interesting
I give credit to this one
The absolute definition of a free roll

I see nothing wrong with a ticket broker legally protecting his interests in this manner, esp. If he is honest about his intentions with the books.

Same for anyone else from a furniture or car dealer to a common bettor hedging a parlay or future !

It is possible to get into an unforseen situation, where one inadvertently has too much risked on a side in a game, esp. ,a retailer that does not know sports betting well needing to cover his or her

(__@__), so as not to default on some crazy promo advertising gimmick.

That shows integrity if you didn't cover all the risk with Lloyd's of London or whoever the fuck insures these things.

Nothing shady about these 6 figure bets, IMO !

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I understand the logic. I'd question how much ca$h these guys have in their pockets.

If the ticket-broker syndicate was so loaded...wouldn't 911 Hou/Verlander being pushed as Fav? Currently a dog +106. If they had that much $$, Hou would be -120.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Everyone heard the story about James McIngvale, owner of Gallery Furniture, hedging his promotion by betting the Astros in Las Vegas.

I heard a rumor Mattress Mack wanted to bet as much as $5 million on the Houston Astros to win the World Series.

Westgate allowed him to bet only $60K.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

And now those half-million dollar wagers at William Hill on the Astros in Games 6 and 7 of the ALCS make perfect sense.

railbird

EOG Master

1992 Vip tickets owner the late Larry Gold gave Chris Jones 100k to hedge an NFC championship game, Chris lost the 100k playing blackjack, and the hedge bet would have won nyg 15 sfo 13. Chris did not surface for 10 years, until Larry passed away.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

And now those half-million dollar wagers at William Hill on the Astros in Games 6 and 7 of the ALCS make perfect sense.

See my post above. Are those wagers NOT big enuf to ripple the line? Is there really THAT much $$ on World Series?

railbird

EOG Master

I understand the logic. I'd question how much ca$h these guys have in their pockets.

If the ticket-broker syndicate was so loaded...wouldn't 911 Hou/Verlander being pushed as Fav? Currently a dog +106. If they had that much $$, Hou would be -120.

I know several worth 8 figures

railbird

EOG Master

My boy Barry tickets, and his bagman Dana Pump loading him up with tickets via his boyfriend Magic Johnson