Top 3 athletes in school history

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
let me know when Abbot gets into the hall of fame, or goes back and gets another big ten player of the year award

way better athlete below.

Larkin accepted a football scholarship to the University of Michigan to play for coach Bo Schembechler, but during his freshman year, he decided to play baseball exclusively. He was a two-time All-American and led the Wolverines to berths in two College World Series, in 1983 and 1984 (the last time until 2019). Larkin was also named Big Ten Player of the Year in 1984 and 1985.[4]

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
For whatever reason I always thought he played baseball at Michigan

he originally was but decided to sign with Yankees instead. He was playing in Gulf Coast at 18 years old

Kalamazoo Jeter Baseball
Derek Jeter, former New York Yankee shortstop and Kalamazoo native, joins children at the 13th annual Kalamazoo Baseball Clinic hosted by his Turn 2 Foundation at Mayors' Riverfront Park in Kalamazoo, Mich., Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016.
(Bryan Bennett | MLive.com)
DETROIT -- Derek Jeter never played a game for the University of Michigan, but he's about as close to being a 'Michigan Man' as you can get.

Jeter actually signed a scholarship offer from the Wolverines before he was drafted by the New York Yankees in the first round in 1992.
While most coaches like to urge their recruits to stay in school, it was Bill Freehan, the legendary catcher for the Detroit Tigers and Michigan's coach at the time, who pushed an 18-year-old Jeter to test the big leagues.
"My heart was set on (Michigan)," Jeter said. "Then I was drafted by the Yankees. The draft is a crap shoot; you never know who you're going to get drafted by, or how high you're going to get drafted.
"But he made me feel comfortable right from the get go. When I was drafted, he said, 'Listen, this is your opportunity to go play.'"