Tracking the Pinny LEAN enclosed.

Frank Abigail

EOG Member
I am going to track NCAAB ONLY. Most the lines I get will not be available to the general public unless you have multiple outs, or can beat the move when I post. I will post the line at Pinnacle the time I get it and the book I bet at, with their current line.

My bets will vary from $25-$100 being the top play. A 10c differnce is a $25, 5c is $50 and even or above will be a $100 bet.

Lets start.

Pinny (Duke) -4(-117)
Rebatewager(Duke) -3.5(-110)

Duke -3.5 $110/$100

Pinny (Nebraska) +7(-117)
Rebatewager(Nebraska) +7(-110)

Nebraska +7 $110/100

Pinny(North Texas) +6(-110)
Rebatewager(N. Texas) +6(-110)

N. Texas +6 $28/25

Frank Abigail

EOG Member
Re: Tracking the Pinny LEAN enclosed.

I may update throughout the day, but these are some pretty solid picks as each line has moved in my favor

WVU

EOG Master

this should be an interesting thread. Good luck and great movie

WVU

EOG Master

I am going to track NCAAB ONLY. Most the lines I get will not be available to the general public unless you have multiple outs, or can beat the move when I post. I will post the line at Pinnacle the time I get it and the book I bet at, with their current line.

My bets will vary from $25-$100 being the top play. A 10c differnce is a $25, 5c is $50 and even or above will be a $100 bet.

did you get this backwards?

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

Probably.

I am sure most are aware of the Pinny lean.

I look for the best vig. I take lower vig at alternate books.

WVU

EOG Master

that's exactly how I play the Pinny lean. Others do it differently, but the method you are using has worked great for me.

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

This would be the only way I could see it working. If you can catch a slow moving book, there is money to be made and my test will prove it.

good luck

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Finally someone who actually knows what the Pinny lean is. It's not a college basketball total OVER 130 (-128) when Bookmaker has OVER 131.5 (-110) as so many believe.

Can you explain how N. Texas is a pinny lean if the line is the same (-110) at both books? Thanks Frank.

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

a more accurate thread title should be slow moving rebatewager lean.............these lines were already moved at all big shops....not knocking u frank..but post a line where pinny is 6 -117 and boomaker 5dimes greek etc are all at -6 -110......those dont happen often

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

Steak Tartar, you can find some lines widely available. In the mornings there is more line movement and that is prime picking.

Right now, you can get Detroit U at +2.5(-110) at bookmaker. It is the same at pinny, and I look for this to move in the coming hours.

There's more to it than just picking a line, a lot of screen watching is involved to. But I;m a firm believer you can make money following pinny with little to no handicapping of games

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Frank - I agree you have a good play on Duke at -3 1/2 at 10 cents juice. At the time you made the play + 4 must have been +105 juice? So + 3 1/2 was +116 or so? Nice play and you are tracking them according to the quality of the play. That is a good thing.

The Nebraska game - I don't think you got enough value there - you got a good price but -7 on Northwestern was only +105 at the time wasn't it? If Nebraska was +7 -122 and you got Northwestern -7 -110 I think you have a break even play. But, that is where your tracking and data base mining will tell you how that sector of plays exactly like this turns out.

Nothing has been said here about where the lines opened at - how much they have moved or why? That's a factor. Is the Pinny lean more or less valuable after a line has already moved 2 points off of an opener?

Ok, in the spirit of a good discussion. I suggest you track by the time you make the play, also. The debate here would be when is the Pinny lean most accurate? Openers - mid day after injury status updates - lineup ?'s, etc - closers after local lines come out and wise guy effect exerts its influence?

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

Steak Tartar, you can find some lines widely available. In the mornings there is more line movement and that is prime picking.

Right now, you can get Detroit U at +2.5(-110) at bookmaker. It is the same at pinny, and I look for this to move in the coming hours.

There's more to it than just picking a line, a lot of screen watching is involved to. But I;m a firm believer you can make money following pinny with little to no handicapping of games

i agree and good luck...my point is though that all big (credit especially) shops get bet this same stuff........its not like pinnacle stares at a game and says haha i like ntex today......someone they respect bet them( and they also bet their other outs)....it is just easier for more guys to notice at pinnacle

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

Frank - I agree you have a good play on Duke at -3 1/2 at 10 cents juice. At the time you made the play + 4 must have been +105 juice? So + 3 1/2 was +116 or so? Nice play and you are tracking them according to the quality of the play. That is a good thing.

The Nebraska game - I don't think you got enough value there - you got a good price but -7 on Northwestern was only +105 at the time wasn't it? If Nebraska was +7 -122 and you got Northwestern -7 -110 I think you have a break even play. But, that is where your tracking and data base mining will tell you how that sector of plays exactly like this turns out.

Nothing has been said here about where the lines opened at - how much they have moved or why? That's a factor. Is the Pinny lean more or less valuable after a line has already moved 2 points off of an opener?

Ok, in the spirit of a good discussion. I suggest you track by the time you make the play, also. The debate here would be when is the Pinny lean most accurate? Openers - mid day after injury status updates - lineup ?'s, etc - closers after local lines come out and wise guy effect exerts its influence?

Good points.

I am simply tracking what I find. Not sure which or more profitable open, close, midday, etc., If I find a line, that is getting me better juice, I am going to bet it, and will track in this thread.

I do at times look at openers before placing the bet, but not often

High Times

EOG Master

Again?

Following a sports book that has no better idea of what a line should be on any given event is an easy way to make money? When did this happen?

And like Steak said..... All the major books get the same sharp bets that Pinnacle gets. So if Pinnacle moves the game a little bit farther it becomes a bet? Really?

All that would mean is that you are doing nothing more than following the originators (at a worse price) .... And according to all the " math students" here that is a losing proposition.

What gives?

:LMAO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

High Times again showing he has little clue. The theory works, but to optimize it you need to understand what you are betting on, if the play makes sense, etc. A combo strategy works the best where me liking a play, combined with pinny lean liking the play means hitting it harder.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Finally someone who actually knows what the Pinny lean is. It's not a college basketball total OVER 130 (-128) when Bookmaker has OVER 131.5 (-110) as so many believe.

Everyone would have learned a lot quicker if you just told them instead of being a personality void tosser. :btj:

High Times

EOG Master

High Times again showing he has little clue. The theory works, but to optimize it you need to understand what you are betting on, if the play makes sense, etc. A combo strategy works the best where me liking a play, combined with pinny lean liking the play means hitting it harder.

Good for you

LMAo how many of these threads have been made?They last about 2 days tops after people star ts eeing it doesn tmean mouch. Obviously if they stop doing it it is a short term result but I have years and years and years accross the major sports, the pinny lean doesnt exists. It is a figment of overactive imaginations. Just like every close game someone loses or lands near a spread is fixed because of a questionable call or a questionable player decision.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Well, I don't care what anybody says - you are going about it in an intelligent manner. Establish the parameters - keep track - and try to analyze. I did something very similar 12 years ago and put 15,000 scalps since then into my data base and I felt I learned something - still learning something. There are intangibles you can't put in a database. Just try to be able to sort it as much as possible.

We don't have the advantage of seeing the action come in like the bookies. The criticism of your technique comes from the bookie types who don't want the players to know anything and the know it all type people who have never tracked, analyzed, or done anything more than keep track of one day at a time and that was on napkin from dinner table.

railbird

EOG Master

a more accurate thread title should be slow moving rebatewager lean.............these lines were already moved at all big shops....not knocking u frank..but post a line where pinny is 6 -117 and boomaker 5dimes greek etc are all at -6 -110......those dont happen often

agree. When you see posters regurgitating phrases like pinny lean you know they have zero handicapping skills. A good case in point is Irish Tim

High Times

EOG Master

LMAo how many of these threads have been made?They last about 2 days tops after people star ts eeing it doesn tmean mouch. Obviously if they stop doing it it is a short term result but I have years and years and years accross the major sports, the pinny lean doesnt exists. It is a figment of overactive imaginations. Just like every close game someone loses or lands near a spread is fixed because of a questionable call or a questionable player decision.

Absolutely :cheers

Well, I don't care what anybody says - you are going about it in an intelligent manner. Establish the parameters - keep track - and try to analyze. I did something very similar 12 years ago and put 15,000 scalps since then into my data base and I felt I learned something - still learning something. There are intangibles you can't put in a database. Just try to be able to sort it as much as possible.

We don't have the advantage of seeing the action come in like the bookies. The criticism of your technique comes from the bookie types who don't want the players to know anything and the know it all type people who have never tracked, analyzed, or done anything more than keep track of one day at a time and that was on napkin from dinner table.

If you have 15000 scaps tracked then you have at least 10-12K examples of where Pinnacle was off enough to assume a lean. Feel free to go and see how many times they were 'right' and how many times they were wrong.

Or I will simply make this assumption, in about 70-75% of those scalps Pinny actually had the best number BOTH ways on the SAME game, so therefore the next logical question would be how do you determine a lean there when theyre leaning against themselves?

Pinnacle is worried about Pinnacle, they (used) to take a lot of action on American sports from American players. Now not so much, but they still take alot of action. If they opened a baseball game -120/112 and someone hammered the everliving shit out of that opener and moved it to -125/117 is that a lean? What if every other book opened -125/115 in the first place? Now Pinny is exactly the same as them but might have taken 30K in action already while those other places have taken zero. Then the 'real' action starts and the -125 side is still favorable to players. Guys come out of the woodwork the usual steam and sheep herding starts and suddenly the game gets to 139/131 at Pinnacle, it is 140/130 every where else. Pinny has say 300K one way and 120k the other. Is that still a lean? They still have the best number on both sides. So they might hope the guy(s) that hammered the shit out of 120 buy(s) back for the 11 cents. How can you determine the lean whenin most cases Pinnacle has the best line both ways.

Some guys like to use spreads and vig and how they move it around. Pinnacle works on such a small hold they move vig for any number of reasons most of the time it is automatic. Back in 02,03,04, and start of 05 the moves were always automated, that why guys with some smarts made a lot of money off them. They changed their software and tightened it up a little but the opportunities were still there.

So guys debating and looking for a pinny lean no matter how they want to do it are basically playing a video game. Theyre looking to try and figure out an AI program and how to 'beat' it by predicting what it means when it moves a number one way or the other.

But like I said if you have that many scalps then look at the few where Pinnacle offered a clearly different line than another book and start record keeping. I think you will find that anyway you try and figure out how Pinny was 'leaning' will not have anymore than a 52% or so 'advantage'.

I have the same numbers, I have every pinnacle opener, move and closer tracked since 01, while I havent systematically gone and looked at every one I have done generic comparisons and I have seen zero long term verifiable useful results. Sure they might lean or gamble on a game here or there but trying to actually pinpoint that game in so many is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

If you have 15000 scaps tracked then you have at least 10-12K examples of where Pinnacle was off enough to assume a lean. Feel free to go and see how many times they were 'right' and how many times they were wrong.

Or I will simply make this assumption, in about 70-75% of those scalps Pinny actually had the best number BOTH ways on the SAME game, so therefore the next logical question would be how do you determine a lean there when theyre leaning against themselves?

MOI - that is not true in my case. I am talking about getting buy back at Pinny or Matchbook. # moves and you get -110 or whatever on a number and you get the other side at Pinny for +113 or better - bang bang. Pinny does not have the best # on both sides in any of those cases. They did most likely have the best # on the buy back side.

Now, I certainly didn't get them all - So, there are imperfections in my data. On top of that a % of the buy backs might have actually had value if Pinny was just trying to get even. I just don't know why they did what they did. Because, the results are not sorted for variables. So, I do agree with you that only a % of the data includes cases where Pinny did have an opinion. On top of that the buy back side was not always on the favorite or dog - the over or the under. Some sports like baseball most of the value seems to develop on the dog side.

All, I am really trying to say is scalping and keeping track of the results taught me a little something that I can use. And that there is more to learn about the numbers and how to incorporate fundamentalism into the overall handicapping process. Being 100% technical and betting on numbers and not caring about which team it is does have flaws and is not a totally efficient model. I only cared about the data so I was leaning my scalps to try and make as much as I could. Now my focus is to make some money without such a tremendous capital outlay and risk of principal.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

So, you do this mostly at openers and would not be spending the whole day looking for a play?

High Times

EOG Master

Have anyone of you ever seen Pinnacle try to post openers before CRIS and The Greek?

:train:

And now we have people claiming that they can make money using their lines/odds.....

:+clueless

They are bookmakers!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are too much

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Have anyone of you ever seen Pinnacle try to post openers before CRIS and The Greek?

:train:

And now we have people claiming that they can make money using their lines/odds.....

:+clueless

They are bookmakers!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are too much

LOL - I think of them as a road map for somebody trying to beat the steam. That's why I suggested to Frank that he also keep track of what time he made his plays to see if his tactics were more or less successful at different times of the day. Hey, if it works it works and Frank is willing to try to prove or disprove his theory with documentation.