Trubisky and the Bears or BJ and the Bears?

Valuist

EOG Master
I have an under 9 1/2 win season win total and it isn't a win yet. Granted, with KC and road trips to the Twin Cities and GB, good chance they lose two more games but they do have momentum, and increased confidence. Why did it take so long for Nagy to call Trubisky running plays? The only acceptable answer would be the shoulder injury precluded them from it. I hope the answer wasn't Nagy just happened to see film of Buffalo last week and decided, hmmm....maybe we should try Mitch running.

Having said all that, I will ride them next weekend in Cheeseland.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Trubisky clearly has some Cutler in him but his biggest asset is his legs and mobility.

Feast or famine. Cant believe that one pass in 2nd half to Robinson got to him and wasnt picked off.

Valuist

EOG Master
We remember RG3. When he was a threat to run, he had wide open receivers. After he blew out his knee and tried to QB conventionally, it was a horrible failure. Trubisky cannot play as a dropback passer. To be effective, he has to run. He actually is a great runner with instincts; reads blocks well. We rip on his passing and justifiably so, but have to give him props on his running ability.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Next up the green and yellow team with the expected return of Hicks
It’s a huge game for the direction of the team. Not so much whether they win this or not, I want to see constant improvement from Trubisky. They are not playing a bottom-5 Defense here, so the expecting need to be raised.

Valuist

EOG Master
They shut down the Bears in week one, so this will be an easy grade. If Mitch reverts back to Bad Mitch, we’ll know. The same can be said for Nagy.

I don't think he reverts this week. It's pretty clear for him to have any success throwing, he has to be a viable run threat. If he's a dropback passer, he has no chance. Last week he ran and it worked. Nagy won't abandon that strategy this week.

I don't like what I'm seeing out of Green Bay. A very antiseptic, uninspiring win at home over a Redskin team severely lacking in talent. Rodgers hasn't fallen off like Brady, but he's far from vintage Rodgers. We are really seeing a changing of the guard in terms of top level QB play. Out with the old. In with the Jacksons and Mahomes of the world.

blueline

EOG Master
The Bears are feeling awfully good about themselves with mobile Mitch making more good decisions than bad ones...I do agree its a nice test to see where the Bears really are at.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't think he reverts this week. It's pretty clear for him to have any success throwing, he has to be a viable run threat. If he's a dropback passer, he has no chance. Last week he ran and it worked. Nagy won't abandon that strategy this week.

I don't like what I'm seeing out of Green Bay. A very antiseptic, uninspiring win at home over a Redskin team severely lacking in talent. Rodgers hasn't fallen off like Brady, but he's far from vintage Rodgers. We are really seeing a changing of the guard in terms of top level QB play. Out with the old. In with the Jacksons and Mahomes of the world.
I definitely expected more from their offense. They seemed to sit on the lead.

blueline

EOG Master
Kreutz put the blame on Nagy for this one. Not forcing the hand as far as making GB change the personnel they had on the field. Not running the ball when 5 or 6 DBs were in the game in early downs. Leaving undrafted free agent guys on the OL one on one against guys making 10s of millions of $

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Kreutz put the blame on Nagy for this one. Not forcing the hand as far as making GB change the personnel they had on the field. Not running the ball when 5 or 6 DBs were in the game in early downs. Leaving undrafted free agent guys on the OL one on one against guys making 10s of millions of $
Very disappointing to watch the bears go 3 and out on the first 3 drives. That is on coaching.

blueline

EOG Master
Kreutz said no way to know for sure but he has a feeling there are too many " yes men" on the coaching roster

MrTop

EOG Master

if the GM gets rid of tribusky it makes the GM look bad in front of the owner since it was the GM's fault's who picked tribusky instead of mahomes.. By keeping tribusky he hides the true facts that the GM screwed up in one of the all time screw ups in NFL Draft history... Mahomes easily a hall of famer at end of his career. The GM secures his own job by saying it takes time for a QB to develop at least for another year when the GM gets exposed of his own mistake.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It's rather obvious that trubisky will never be better than average, keeping him as your starter because you're afraid of admitting you made a mistake, means the GM(and coach) lack what it takes to take a team to the top level.

MrTop

EOG Master
It's rather obvious that trubisky will never be better than average, keeping him as your starter because you're afraid of admitting you made a mistake, means the GM(and coach) lack what it takes to take a team to the top level.

GM is buying time till contract time. Then he will have to low ball tribusky to leave putting all the blame on him LOL

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Trubisky misses too many layups.

That's what recently-fired offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich told some media members in Chicago midway through this disappointing season.

Valuist

EOG Master
Trubisky not the MVP but arguably, the most significant player in the NFL for this Super Bowl.

The Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl with Mahomes, a QB who the Bears passed over (along with Watson). And who's on the brink of being their opponent? The Niners, the recipient of all the unnecessary extra high draft choices given away by the Bears so they could move up a "huge" one spot to draft Trubisky. And according to all reports, the Niners never had any intention of drafting Mitch.

This is what happens when a big ego (Pace) has to try to be the smartest guy in the room.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They trade up to draft Mitch.
They trade up to draft Shaheen.
They trade up to draft Montgomery.
They sign FA’s Mike Davis, Trey Burton, and Taylor Gabriel.

outside of signing Allen Robinson, their recognition of offensive talent leaves a lot to be desired.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Patrick Mahomes could be a Bear and Robbie Gould once was a Bear.

Unfortunately for Chicago football fans, GM Ryan Pace is still a Bear.

Valuist

EOG Master

Pace's ego is too big. I didn't see much Texas Tech during the Mahomes years, and we know that system inflates QB numbers. But just watching Mahomes; how effortless and easy he makes everything look, how fluid, how could anyone take a project player over him? Taking Watson would've been understandable, even if he isn't quite Mahomes level. But to pass over both for a guy with 13 college starts is unforgiveable. Then he compounds the matter by hand delivering the Niners three extra picks. Only incompetent ownership is keeping Pace employed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Would I be right to assume the three-ply entry of Pace/Nagy/Trubisky are tied to the hip entering the 2020 season?

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Would I be right to assume the three-way entry of Pace/Nagy/Trubisky are tied to the hip entering the 2020 season?

I would have to believe so. They need a 10 win season and playoff appearance to return for 2021. Nagy really regressed this past season. Stat wise, Mitch did, but much of his 2018 numbers were fluffed due to gimmick plays. The gimmick plays pretty much disappeared in 2019, and so did the effectiveness.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Arrow pointing down for the Bears.

If the 2018 and 2019 season results were flip-flopped, enthusiasm would reign.

Valuist

EOG Master
Arrow pointing down for the Bears.

If the 2018 and 2019 season results were flip-flopped, enthusiasm would reign.

The Bears under was the best bet, IMO for RSW totals this past year. I'm not so sure that will be the case this next season. The schedule will be much easier, going from winning the division to 3rd place. The losses to the Chargers and Raiders could've easily had different outcomes. Their preparation for the London trip was awful and they dug themselves into a deep hole. They were catching the Raiders and another 5 minutes of game time, almost certainly would have.

So they had the big rise in wins in 2018 but a 4 game regression in 2019. If the number is 8, I'd go over. Probably at 8 1/2 as well. Not at 9.

I'm curious to see what the Packers RSW total will be. Their record was on the fraudulent side this year, and Rodgers clearly is regressing.

richsox24

EOG Master
Pace's ego is too big. I didn't see much Texas Tech during the Mahomes years, and we know that system inflates QB numbers. But just watching Mahomes; how effortless and easy he makes everything look, how fluid, how could anyone take a project player over him? Taking Watson would've been understandable, even if he isn't quite Mahomes level. But to pass over both for a guy with 13 college starts is unforgiveable. Then he compounds the matter by hand delivering the Niners three extra picks. Only incompetent ownership is keeping Pace employed.
Trubisky will me the punchline for years to the question, what QB got drafted over Mahomes, especially when Mahomes retires as one of the best to ever play.

Reminds me of Sam Bowie getting drafted over Jordan.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Would I be right to assume the three-ply entry of Pace/Nagy/Trubisky are tied to the hip entering the 2020 season?
Bears have to decide soon whether they will pick up Trubisky's 5th year option. I doubt they do, so next year is his make it or break it year with Bears. Nagy replaced, or had replaced for him, his OC and lots of his Offensive staff. When they do that and it doesn't work, 1579551477313.png

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Bears under was the best bet, IMO for RSW totals this past year. I'm not so sure that will be the case this next season. The schedule will be much easier, going from winning the division to 3rd place. The losses to the Chargers and Raiders could've easily had different outcomes. Their preparation for the London trip was awful and they dug themselves into a deep hole. They were catching the Raiders and another 5 minutes of game time, almost certainly would have.

So they had the big rise in wins in 2018 but a 4 game regression in 2019. If the number is 8, I'd go over. Probably at 8 1/2 as well. Not at 9.

I'm curious to see what the Packers RSW total will be. Their record was on the fraudulent side this year, and Rodgers clearly is regressing.
Their preseason prep was awful also, considering they made changes across the OL. They have made a lot of awful personnel decisions when it comes to the offense. I can't trust anything they do, from the draft down to gametime decisions.