Urban Meyer placed on paid administrative leave

kane

EOG master
Re: Urban Meyer placed on paid administrative leave

"The myriad of stories that have surfaced from the Dolphins organization and media about Saban being a total douche have been documented many times over. He made players cry. He once stepped over a player who was convulsing on the ground. He once lost his shit because a staffer misplaced his Little Debbie snack cakes."https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/nick-saban-says-it-was-frustrating-coaching-the-dolphins-6459628

kane

EOG master

"As the story goes, Saban once got a haircut and returned to the Dolphins facility. He crossed paths with a female employee of the Dolphins and she said "Nice haircut." Saban ignored her the same way he ignored most people in the organization. A few minutes later, the woman was called into a meeting. She was dressed down and told to never, ever speak to Saban." There are plenty of stories about him treating lower level workers like garbage, people like secretaries, low level assistants, etc. https://mrsportsblog.wordpress.com/...t-coach-and-he-was-a-savior-during-tornadoes/

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Have to be Alan Karreful, though. 90% of the time, stories are embellished or made up. But with Saban, it's probably a lower %.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

The way he left Miami was the most selfish thing any coach can do in any sport.

MrTop

EOG Master

meyer should just say he can't recall what happened just like the gipper did in court years ago.

:lol

ChuckyG

EOG Master

kane, good Saban dirt. I've sort of forgetten his reputation of being an ass-hole. It's been so good at Alabama in recent years that he's seemingly mellowed a bit.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I will say one thing about these college campuses in mid-size cities. Not the biggest media centers, a lot of things go under-the-radar. And campus police (in many cases) might as well be on the football team's staff.

I went to Wisconsin and am a Badger fan. Some of my intel is dated 15+ years, but plenty of small-to-midlevel crimes were going on there. Just wasn't big enuf to make national media (in most cases).

I will say one thing about these college campuses in mid-size cities. Not the biggest media centers, a lot of things go under-the-radar. .

Columbus is the largest city in Ohio with over 2.5 million people in the metro area. Not necessarily a mid sized city.

I get where you are going with this, but this incident isn't really as much a police issue as it is a policy issue. CUM's doubling down at his press conference today is really going to ratchet up the pressure to find out who knew what and when was it reported. This still doesn't dismiss the fact that CUM thought it was appropriate to have a serial wife beater on his coaching staff.

This is gold. Keep it classy OSU.

As for the White House pictures, Stadium provided some details:

One photo of Smith’s penis, taken on April 20, 2015 according to a time stamp, shows Smith in his black suit he wore to the White House event. Another photo of Smith’s penis includes a White House bathroom towel featuring the Seal of the President of the United States.​

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
He said she said. Those who hate OSU point to the reports that service their agenda. See Spotted Cow. Those who love OSU point to reports that support their position. Those who rise above the media thought police form their own opinion. Those are the people who’s opinions I value.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
He got off easy.....just because of who he is and where he coaches....

Not a hater but just telling it how it is...

Because of the Times we live in, this came to the front of the news....this would not have been an issue back in the day...

kane

EOG master
Viejo Dinosaur;n7452260 said:
He got off easy.....just because of who he is and where he coaches....

Not a hater but just telling it how it is...

Because of the Times we live in, this came to the front of the news....this would not have been an issue back in the day...

Some kids at UNC get suspended four games for selling sneakers, Meyer gets suspended three games for covering up domestic violence, sounds about right

railbird

EOG Master
its called loyalty to Earle Bruce who gave him his 1st job. Yes fatherless Black kids will get arrested, hello?. Im not a buckeye fan or even a Meyer fan, but this was a witchhunt by liberal espn.

kane

EOG master
railbird;n7452290 said:
its called loyalty to Earle Bruce who gave him his 1st job. Yes fatherless Black kids will get arrested, hello?. Im not a buckeye fan or even a Meyer fan, but this was a witchhunt by liberal espn.

Yes, loyalty to Earl Bruce is more important than stopping his assistant from beating the shit out of his wife. You're a fucking scumbag piece of shit

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Don Eagleston;n7452279 said:
OSU is the new Trump University. Buckeyes' recruiting is dead in the water.

Jesus do you media sheep even read? OSU didn’t lose one single recruit during this witch hunt. Recruits and parents of recruits ecstatic that Meyer was retained, they got it. ESPN doesn’t.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
kane;n7452294 said:
Yes, loyalty to Earl Bruce is more important than stopping his assistant from beating the shit out of his wife. You're a fucking scumbag piece of shit
Lmao. The Powell PD lived at the Smiths residence. No charges. Zip zero nada. It’s no more incorrect to question a supposed victims credibility as it is to question a black president’s policy. Neither makes me an advocate of domestic violence nor a racist, it’s ok to think for ones self sans media influences

kane

EOG master
Almost Allright;n7452307 said:
Lmao. The Powell PD lived at the Smiths residence. No charges. Zip zero nada. It’s no more incorrect to question a supposed victims credibility as it is to question a black president’s policy. Neither makes me an advocate of domestic violence nor a racist, it’s ok to think for ones self sans media influences

I believe Courtney Smith, you can believe Zack Smith, but I'm not a Buckeye fan, so your stance is a predictable one, I'm sure 99% of Columbus feels Meyer has been treated unfairly during this whole thing. Just win baby

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
kane;n7452308 said:
I believe Courtney Smith, you can believe Zack Smith, but I'm not a Buckeye fan, so your stance is a predictable one, I'm sure 99% of Columbus feels Meyer has been treated unfairly during this whole thing. Just win baby

What a simplistic response. Surprising to you I’m sure is that my response is the same if it’s penn st Michigan mich st or BFE university. Living in Ohio, which you don’t, gives me a little insight into what it takes to file a CPO in this state. All it takes is a claim of fear and it’s filed. No judge is going to risk his career denying a request. Later on a hearing is had to determine if the CPO sticks. But no charges needed to file. No priors, no physical evidence, nothing. There is zero evidence so far to make any decision. Christ the supposed victim’s mom questionins her validity. The supposed victim called 911 66 times in 90 days. Powell PD said fuck it we aren’t going every time. And yet because what you’re told to feel by main stream media you decide hell yeah shes credible. cmon man think for yourself

mr merlin

EOG Master
Almost Allright;n7452307 said:

It sounds like the bitch told everyone she was getting beat up, including her family, so why the fuck is it Meyers problem? If the cops were there many times, and she wanted to press charges, he would have been locked up, she must have kept backing out on pressing charges.

Heim

EOG Master
The Zach Smith and former OSU recruit Trevon Grimes saga is interesting reading. Grimes now at Florida without any transfer block from Ohio State. Meyer again with the Sgt. Schultz 'I see nothing...I hear nothing'

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One thing that makes these people legends was the hands-off media approach involving off the field issues. Look at modern-day legends, the TMZ-types publish all the dirt on them.