WARNING! GET OUT OF BTC NOW!!

Everfresh

EOG Enthusiast
#1
Ok, so here goes,...anyone dumb enough to buy into the whole Crypto scam, it's time to cut and RUN RUN RUN

Cryptos off dramatically, 600+ Billion lost since January, Ethereum off 90%...

GET OUT NOW

thank me later

Everfresh
 

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
#3
I doubt most people here are "investing" in bitcoin.

We are just using bitcoin as bitcoin is unfortunately the only practical way to move money when betting offshore..
 
#4
LMAO more of this?

LTC Bottomed out this morning around 47 I had fills all through the 47s. At 50 and change and on a rocket rigt now but I wont sell for a few more hours maybe even tomorrow, unless I see them start to tank again.

Right now are the markets and prices you can make a killing.

Only people who lost money in crytpos are guys who didnt sell when they should have or bought when they shouldnt have. I had to eat some 112 LTC I bought a couple months ago but the money I have made moving shit every few days more than made up for the losses.

You dont make money in a market that does nothing but go one way, either up or down. Because usually when its going up you either bought in too late or didnt sell right. And that generally makes you compound the mistake by selling low and then buying for more than you sold for because it is still climbing. Thats what happened to a lot of people this past winter.

The top crytpos (that are mined) will never reach zero. Everything is just about where it was last year at this time except for BTC which is actually about double what it was last Sept. Only difference between then and now is most people never heard of them and the ones that had thought they were a good investment. Now flash forward a year and its the opposite everyone has heard of them and everyone is scared. But they will do what they did last year, starts some stories get the hype bubble going and we will see at least 15K BTC again. Not sure what the alts will do, but a 1500 ETh and a 350 LTC wouldnt surprise me. Granted those prices more than likely wont last l,ong but you never know.

Cant underestimate the stupidity of the greedy.

Easy money to be made in LTC which has always been the coin you want to buy and sell back and forth with.
 

Everfresh

EOG Enthusiast
#5
wantitall4moi;n7454730 said:
LMAO more of this?

LTC Bottomed out this morning around 47 I had fills all through the 47s. At 50 and change and on a rocket rigt now but I wont sell for a few more hours maybe even tomorrow, unless I see them start to tank again.

Right now are the markets and prices you can make a killing.

Only people who lost money in crytpos are guys who didnt sell when they should have or bought when they shouldnt have. I had to eat some 112 LTC I bought a couple months ago but the money I have made moving shit every few days more than made up for the losses.

You dont make money in a market that does nothing but go one way, either up or down. Because usually when its going up you either bought in too late or didnt sell right. And that generally makes you compound the mistake by selling low and then buying for more than you sold for because it is still climbing. Thats what happened to a lot of people this past winter.

The top crytpos (that are mined) will never reach zero. Everything is just about where it was last year at this time except for BTC which is actually about double what it was last Sept. Only difference between then and now is most people never heard of them and the ones that had thought they were a good investment. Now flash forward a year and its the opposite everyone has heard of them and everyone is scared. But they will do what they did last year, starts some stories get the hype bubble going and we will see at least 15K BTC again. Not sure what the alts will do, but a 1500 ETh and a 350 LTC wouldnt surprise me. Granted those prices more than likely wont last l,ong but you never know.

Cant underestimate the stupidity of the greedy.

Easy money to be made in LTC which has always been the coin you want to buy and sell back and forth with
.
LMAO! another true believer, whistling past the graveyard..."Everything is just about where it was last year at this time " BULLSHIT! LOOK AT COINBASE CHARTS TODAY: ETH DOWN! -37.86%, LTC DOWN! -21.34%, BCH DOWN! -16.95% year over year

ALL DOWN

STOP LYING AND RUINING PEOPLES LIVES!
 

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
#6
Go back and look at EVERY SINGLE POST I HAVE EVER MADE ON THIS SUBJECT and you will see from DAY ONE I said this was a PONZI SCHEME. I had some people , Railbird and others, say how wrong I was.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm - now whatcha saying!
This IS a Ponzi Scheme. Those who got in early made a lot of money - those who got in latye lost a lot of money
JUST LIKE A PONZI SCHEME!
 

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
#7
winkyduck;n7454764 said:
Go back and look at EVERY SINGLE POST I HAVE EVER MADE ON THIS SUBJECT and you will see from DAY ONE I said this was a PONZI SCHEME. I had some people , Railbird and others, say how wrong I was.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm - now whatcha saying!
This IS a Ponzi Scheme. Those who got in early made a lot of money - those who got in latye lost a lot of money
JUST LIKE A PONZI SCHEME!
I bought in about 13 months ago, sold most of it at 3X profit. I have a little left, its still valued higher than my purchase price.

Agree with Wanti, you can make good money on this, just have to work a little harder now.
 
#8
Theyre like everything else the sharks make money the goldfish get eaten. Nothing different than the stock market. How many people lost everything in 08? But of course those are the same fools who thought putting 165 bux a week into a 401k was going to let them retire millionaires. SO whats the difference?

The next scam they run on the stock market will make 08 look like a picnic.

At least with cryptos you (should) know what youre getting yourself into.

Last year at this time was semi normal. Prices were reasonable and people were doing what they do. Some were waiting on what eventually happened. But most were just playing around (like they are now).

The problem now is too many people have unrealistic expectations due to what did happen over that 6-8 week period last winter. Just because a lot of fools got involved and threw good money after bad and then got eaten by the sharks doesnt delegitimize the whole system.

LTC went from 47.02 to 53.75 in about 12 hours. If you bought and sold during those windows, that was a nice turn around. I bought didnt sell. Probably should have sold off some but theyre creeping back up right now off a small dip there so unless I was going to buy back in selling wasnt going to make a huge difference anyway.

Its now back to a volume game like it was last summer. And everyone who cashed out when they should have has more than enough money to play with now on a free roll. I havent gone back in nearly like I was. because I am not a degenerate, but right now is as good a time as any to jump back in. Since everything is depressed.

Biggest issue is ETH, last year they were the coin everyone said was the next big thing, now theyre the one thats basically worthless. But theyre the ones with the greatest potential to hit a hoe run with. First part of May they were over 800 bucks. Seems like a lifetime ago but that 800 bux was still half of their all time high. Currently around 190 Been as low as 167.

What goes up must come down what goes down must go up.

And constantly quoting market cap shows the ignorance, just like when they were touting it when they were strong. Market cap is a make believe number with zero real world ramifications. Especially in something thats 'valued' buy how much people are willing to spend on it. There are technically 5-7% more coins (not counting ones they have created out of thin air) than there were last year, so their value right now is even worse than the market cap drops would insinuate. But when things see 5-10% gains and losses as a 'norm' then market cap is useless tool. If they have a surge and run a few bots and manipulate the prices again then you will see.

A lot of things 'ruined' cryptos but the 'real' ones are still able to be used for what they were initially intended to be used for.

I wasnt buying BTC 6 or 7 years ago because I thought they would be worth thousands. I was buying (and losing) them to gamble with and to move money around. It wasnt until last June or so they were even worth looking at in terms of an 'investment'. So their fiduciary 'value' as an 'asset' was very short lived. Unless of course you think theyre going to go back up. Which they will.

People believe the hype about guys who bought them for pennies who made billions when they all cashed out, guess what not everyone cashed out, and not many people bought for pennies. While the demand was their it still wasnt enough to sell the holdings of some of those people. Except through private sales. Which also manipulated the pricing. I sold most of mine when the demand was highest but the prices werent nearly what they eventually got to. But I did buy ETH which for awhile had insane volumes. As did LTC. Volumes now are a joke. LTC was over 1 million and habitually over 3 and 4 million units a day on Gdax last fall. The highest volumes seen this year are less than 650K, and most days are under 200K. But you see massive spikes in volume on 'hot' days. Which follow a perfect 'head and shoulders' pattern for the past year. The prices might be getting lower overall but the returns are actually improving.

But the volumes are depressed (IMO) for a simple reason way too many people sitting on so many over priced coins they dont know what to do, they dont want to sell and take a bath so they sit there and wait for the prices to get back to the 200s again so they can dump everything. So theyre broke and their original investment is worth about 20% what it was. So they hold a lot of 'dead' money.

So these fools are actually helping the guys who still play the market. You would think it would help the bulls because so many people want to see the price go up so they can sell. But it really helps the bears because theyre the ones controlling it and they dont want all those coins back into the hands of people who will trade them actively because the more coins moving the harder it is to control the prices. Thats what happened for a short period last winter they let the governor off the system for a couple months and we saw what happened. But when they started selling again we saw the reality.

Despite whatever make believe market cap says there are still tens and hundreds of billions of dollars worth of coins being traded everyday what number of that is actually human is anyones guess but its still a decent pass time to make money as long as you dont get greedy have a brain and forget what happened last winter. Or at least recognize it for what it was.
 
#10
and ADA for investing. May take until 2020 but I feel good about it.

For Bitcoin books, Betcoin has a free NFL confidence pool each week. Top 3 get paid and there were only 13 participants last week. 100mBTC in prizes each week.
 

BenoitPaire2

EOG Senior Member
#13
Everfresh;n7454746 said:
LMAO! another true believer, whistling past the graveyard..."Everything is just about where it was last year at this time " BULLSHIT! LOOK AT COINBASE CHARTS TODAY: ETH DOWN! -37.86%, LTC DOWN! -21.34%, BCH DOWN! -16.95% year over year

ALL DOWN

STOP LYING AND RUINING PEOPLES LIVES!

Year after year?

WTF are you even talking about?


12 months ago... 9/13/17 the price was $3800. The price today, 9/13/18, is $6500.

Are you saying bitcoin is down in the last year? I think you need to check the math...
 

BenoitPaire2

EOG Senior Member
#14
raiders72001;n7454933 said:
and ADA for investing. May take until 2020 but I feel good about it.

For Bitcoin books, Betcoin has a free NFL confidence pool each week. Top 3 get paid and there were only 13 participants last week. 100mBTC in prizes each week.
Where on the website is this free pool? I don't see it.
 
#16
winkyduck;n7454764 said:
Go back and look at EVERY SINGLE POST I HAVE EVER MADE ON THIS SUBJECT and you will see from DAY ONE I said this was a PONZI SCHEME. I had some people , Railbird and others, say how wrong I was.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm - now whatcha saying!
This IS a Ponzi Scheme. Those who got in early made a lot of money - those who got in latye lost a lot of money
JUST LIKE A PONZI SCHEME!
This is the first time you've ever posted this.
 
#18
BenoitPaire2;n7454950 said:
Year after year?

WTF are you even talking about?


12 months ago... 9/13/17 the price was $3800. The price today, 9/13/18, is $6500.

Are you saying bitcoin is down in the last year? I think you need to check the math...
He started "warning" people when bitcoin was at $200.
 
#21
Winky- do you realize how much bitcoin has increased since you first started posting about it? Cryptos are here to stay.
 
#22
Blockchain technology keeps a record of all transactions so that things can't be doctored later.There are tons of uses for blockchain technologies and having an electronic currency makes sense.

And for those that don't want to leave any trail at all, there are many crypto-currencies that will do that.
 
#23
Theyre not here to stay, at least not 99% of them. Even ETH looks vulnerable at the moment and 10 months ago it was the one everyone was touting as the next big thing (well they tout anything they want to see go up but universally ETH was THE coin)Now people cant get rid of it fast enough. I made a killing in it and even I havent gotten back into it too much. Even though if it can shake all the negativity it still has the best potential for the biggest ROI.

Also just because its a top xxx coin doesnt mean shit. Ripple is and always has been a scam despite it being number 3 on the charts. Same as EOS, TRON, XLM and even ADA. Anything they make out of thin air is a scam. Mined coins are bad enough, but these fly by night pump and dump cons are where people lost the most money. XRP went from nearly worthless to about where its priced now to about 3.75 and then when it topped out it crashed and never recovered. Same with all of these scams. Tron went from basically zero to a quarter and then back down to a nickle. It hasnt been worth more than 5 cents since its first pump and dump until this past May when the scum who started it put the full scale press on and had everyone pump it and even then it barely got to a dime but when it did they got rid of the rest of the useless shit. Its under 2 cents now. ADA s another one. Its one of the few shit coins I jumped on early but I got out while the getting was good. It has followed the same pattern as Tron, it crashed saw a slight uptick in May and has done nothing but go down since. its worth less than 7 cents right now off a pump and dump price of 1.30.

BTC, LTC, BCH, XMR (to some extent), ETH and ETH classic are all coins you can feel semi safe in. And if the market correct I would throw Verge in there as well despite the negativity it has had and the crash anything under 1.5 cents is worth a look.

But raiders only tells half the tale as usual and what I said way back a few years ago. BECAUSE they keep a record of everything THATS its fatal flaw. And once they have a SINGLE entry point they can connect EVERY transaction connected to that single point. Well they have a lot more than a single point now. And while the 'illegal' things that can be done are minimized, the 'legal' things are the worrisome part. Luckily for most everyone is losing money right now so tax issues are not a major concern. But had they kept going there would be a lot of sorry people right now.

I am sure I will get something this year I somehow didnt qualify when they sent them out last year. But I have shown enough losses (I think) to probably get away with some fudging. Or maybe I slip through the cracks again.
 
#24
wantitall4moi;n7455019 said:
Theyre not here to stay, at least not 99% of them. Even ETH looks vulnerable at the moment and 10 months ago it was the one everyone was touting as the next big thing (well they tout anything they want to see go up but universally ETH was THE coin)Now people cant get rid of it fast enough. I made a killing in it and even I havent gotten back into it too much. Even though if it can shake all the negativity it still has the best potential for the biggest ROI.

Also just because its a top xxx coin doesnt mean shit. Ripple is and always has been a scam despite it being number 3 on the charts. Same as EOS, TRON, XLM and even ADA. Anything they make out of thin air is a scam. Mined coins are bad enough, but these fly by night pump and dump cons are where people lost the most money. XRP went from nearly worthless to about where its priced now to about 3.75 and then when it topped out it crashed and never recovered. Same with all of these scams. Tron went from basically zero to a quarter and then back down to a nickle. It hasnt been worth more than 5 cents since its first pump and dump until this past May when the scum who started it put the full scale press on and had everyone pump it and even then it barely got to a dime but when it did they got rid of the rest of the useless shit. Its under 2 cents now. ADA s another one. Its one of the few shit coins I jumped on early but I got out while the getting was good. It has followed the same pattern as Tron, it crashed saw a slight uptick in May and has done nothing but go down since. its worth less than 7 cents right now off a pump and dump price of 1.30.

BTC, LTC, BCH, XMR (to some extent), ETH and ETH classic are all coins you can feel semi safe in. And if the market correct I would throw Verge in there as well despite the negativity it has had and the crash anything under 1.5 cents is worth a look.

But raiders only tells half the tale as usual and what I said way back a few years ago. BECAUSE they keep a record of everything THATS its fatal flaw. And once they have a SINGLE entry point they can connect EVERY transaction connected to that single point. Well they have a lot more than a single point now. And while the 'illegal' things that can be done are minimized, the 'legal' things are the worrisome part. Luckily for most everyone is losing money right now so tax issues are not a major concern. But had they kept going there would be a lot of sorry people right now.

I am sure I will get something this year I somehow didnt qualify when they sent them out last year. But I have shown enough losses (I think) to probably get away with some fudging. Or maybe I slip through the cracks again.
Do you think Bitcoin is some sort of Ponzi scheme? The point is unclear.
 
#25
ZzyzxRoad;n7455022 said:
Do you think Bitcoin is some sort of Ponzi scheme? The point is unclear.
No. A lot of factors are effecting the price. Mostly the guys who originally got into it for the 'right' reasons have all been disenchanted and have crashed it to prove a point. Then you have the futures markets that have had the biggest impact, then of course the governments who were stockpiling them and are still holding them (for what reason no one knows), add that to the regulations and the loss of the (never existed) 'anonymity' and its back to just a few people who play with these things with bots and some human interest.

All these coins are based off what people are willing to spend to have them. Since theyre arent good for anything other than hoping they go up 99% of them are completely useless. I said that a l;ong time ago too. The only one that was worth anything in the 'real' world was BTC and even that ironically lost a lot of power due to the volatility so stores and retailers stopped accepting it as payment. A few of the scam coins had video games and other 'private' sites that accepted them but they also lost those when volatility got crazy or crashes or hacks happened.

If you cant use it for anything then its useless if you ask me. Even my favorite, LTC has never had any real world uses. But it has always been the one that was the best to 'invest' in as it had the best and most recognizable fluctuation patterns. I have years on the forums talking about LTC and ironically its worst time (although I said it at the time) to own it was when it was at its highest. Thats why I sold out and waited. But it fell further than I thought it ever would. But that is actually a good thing, sure I lost 35-40% in valuation on a few coins but that has been more than made up for with the ability to once again play around with it in the 40s and 50 and 60 s again. It doesnt cost 50K to buy 200 coins anymore (for a couple months 50K would have gotten you only about 160 coins, 50K now buys you a thousand or close to it) its back to around 10k, and 10K 'invested' 24 hrs ago when this thread was started is now worth ~11500, was worth over 12K there a bit ago. I sold a few there awhile ago so I hope they dont go up again before they fall, but theyre almost back up to the price I originally sold at a couple hours ago so I may have made a mistake. Although they just took a major dip over the past 15 minutes...

People got sucked into the alt coins and those are not even ponzi schemes theyre just pump and dump scams. They get invented they give away a few (another thing that hurt were the ICOs getting shit canned, which should have technically helped) build some hype have people who were given some move some around to show some activity and there you have it, add that into the piggy back effect of BTC and you have that magic 4 hours or so last January when every scam coin peaked and crashed. Thats literally how long all those pump and dumps lasted, about 4-6 hours. And after 24 all of them were worth less than a 1/5 of their peak price. So not a ponzi scheme just a n outright sham.
 
#26
Wantit doesn't know the first thing about cryptos. He told us that all cryptos were a bitcoin fork. He doesn't understand the differences in the technologies of BTC, ETH, IOTA, NANO and others.
 
#28
LMAO a guy telling others how to 'mask' transactions that got banned from coinbase/Gdax for sending coins to offshore books.

Always funny how raiders completely disappeared as coins crashed and has only now surfaced here and there because they really cant go any lower.

But he surely isnt giving any 'advice' anymore because he doesnt know jack shit about actually 'trading' them. He looked like he knew what he was doing for just about as long as those shit coins he pimped got their pump and dumps in. SO basically raiders looked 'good' for about 6 hours.
 

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
#30
What % of bitcoin is held by people who are crooks? Drug dealers - black market - etc., etc. Has bitcoin let to the proliferation of crime because crooks can move money from point A to point B without much risk???
 
#31
Bucky;n7455072 said:
What % of bitcoin is held by people who are crooks? Drug dealers - black market - etc., etc. Has bitcoin let to the proliferation of crime because crooks can move money from point A to point B without much risk???
A tiny portion of criminal activity goes through bitcoin. The USD is the leader.
 
Top