Week 5 Selections for EOG's NFL Survivor Contest (Free shot at $1,000)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Only 17 left. Hopefully JK will "Sticky" this thread to the top once he sees it to make it easier for all.

DO NOT POST HERE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.

Post your pick ONLY and please help our JK and ComptrBob by posting your past picks, too.

Once again the Rules are:

Each NFL week, contestants submit a team to LOSE.

If the team loses, the contestant advances to the following week.

If the team wins OR ties, the contestant is eliminated.

You can only pick each NFL team ONCE during the season.

Entries must be submitted prior to kickoff of the contestant's game.

In case of ties, prize money will be divided evenly among all winners at season's end.

ONLY 17 PLAYERS STILL ALIVE AFTER FOUR WEEKS OF NFL ACTION:

I have the following advancing into W5: (It would be helpful if you list your past weeks plays, too when you submit your Week 5 pick)

1) BigDeemer
2) Bimmer
3) Royboy
4) Railbird
5) August West
6) lap18
7) richsox
8) prickly pete
9) njdave
10) unluckysob
11) mr pink
12) kane
13) E$13
14) Winky
15) Ejd
16) raininthrees
17) pro analyser

PO69 did not submit a pick and is eliminated. Scrimmage had Titans - they won - so he is gone

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No team other than New England on Thursday night is favored by more than seven points in Week 5 action in the NFL.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If people think this concept is fun - wait until the one I sent JK about the NCAA Tourney comes about
Back in 2006 there was something like this here - Ken put up $1000 for the prize pool
....and I'd love to say this was my original idea but it is not - just something I saw done elsewhere. And as we are seeing - IT IS A LOT HARDER to pick a team to LOSE every week rather than win. You can only pick the Cards ONCE here whereas in "Winner" Pools you can pick against them every week

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Railbird called me tonight and told me his pick

week 2 Raiders
week 3 Chargers
week 4 49ers
week 5 Seahawks

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If people think this concept is fun - wait until the one I sent JK about the NCAA Tourney comes about
Back in 2006 there was something like this here - Ken put up $1000 for the prize pool
....and I'd love to say this was my original idea but it is not - just something I saw done elsewhere. And as we are seeing - IT IS A LOT HARDER to pick a team to LOSE every week rather than win. You can only pick the Cards ONCE here whereas in "Winner" Pools you can pick against them every week

Eager for March 2019 to arrive.

The format for Winky's contest is fun.

Last year's winner from the pool of 68 NCAA tournament teams was fascinating.

Stay tuned.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Week 2: Oakland Raiders
Week 3: San Francisco 49ers
Week 4: Minnesota Vikings
Week 5: Washington Redskins

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Eyut$z

Every entrant included his past weeks picks.
What's so difficult as you stare at the others'
picks in front of your face?

Like your avatar, "What the .....?"

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Week# 2 = Oakland
Week# 3 = LA Chargers
Week# 4 = NY Jets
Week# 5 = Indianapolis Colts ( I hate this pick but........ )

Last edited:

E$

EOG Dedicated
Eyut$z

Every entrant included his past weeks picks.
What's so difficult as you stare at the others'
picks in front of your face?

Like your avatar, "What the .....?"

I don’t feel like going back and looking who I took in previous weeks. I know I haven’t taken the Colts and if I have, I guess I’m out.

You are welcome to go back and look to see who I took in previous weeks.

I would hope that whoever is grading this is not relying solely on who people say they took in previous weeks anyway.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don’t feel like going back and looking who I took in previous weeks. I know I haven’t taken the Colts and if I have, I guess I’m out.

I would hope that whoever is grading this is not relying solely on who people say they took in previous weeks anyway.

I'll research your previous plays later tonight.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I'll research your previous plays later tonight.

Good point by E$13. I double check what a poster says they've picked in the past. I've got a list of all the contestants' previous picks.

FTR, E$13 previously had Raiders, Broncos, Jets.

Mr. Pink

EOG Veteran
6 people had SF last week... and it was almost a loser. And you think people are following you? You think I’m following you? Laugh my fucking ass off !

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Kicking myself for not going with Colts on Thursday like I wanted. Debated between Redskins and Gigantes.........

Cards........Chargers...49ers...........Giants (Week 5 - my pick this week)

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Every time I pull one out of my ass like that. I have used up all my luck. Long losing streak follows. That's just me. Good Luck to all.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Speakin' of birds above
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak to win !
Beware

This was in reference to the Seahawks.
Is anybody out there a little nervous?