Week 7 SuperDogs

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Perhaps we get some rekindled interest from a couple of weeks ago this time around.

The board looks very tough this week but very intriguing to make some quality plays.

jimmythegreek

I'm tempted to go with Army +14 over Wisconsin but even though I think this is a lot of points, the Badgers could very likely pull away after an even start in the second half. They do have an edge in class and physicality.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to go with Army +14 over Wisconsin but even though I think this is a lot of points, the Badgers could very likely pull away after an even start in the second half. They do have an edge in class and physicality.
The size advantage for a Big 10 or SEC titan versus the service academies is just way too significant to back a dog. I went to an Air Force/Notre Dame game some years ago and it was just sad. Irish players were manhandling their opponents just by leaning on them.

The size advantage for a Big 10 or SEC titan versus the service academies is just way too significant to back a dog. I went to an Air Force/Notre Dame game some years ago and it was just sad. Irish players were manhandling their opponents just by leaning on them.
For that very reason as the season wears on the SAs tend to break down. I look to be on them early fade them late. I like to back them in bowl games though just because of the amount of off time they get and usually very well prepared. I have zero numbers backing any of this up, just hunches I've picked up throughout the years.

railbird

EOG Master
academies are 30 lbs bigger now, they waived basic training 5 yrs ago

jimmythegreek

Agree on Bill's point. Speaking of Air Force, they don't look so dainty as a small road puppy +4 at an identity less Boise.

Also Central Michigan +5.5 home to Toledo looks enticing considering the Rockets look like they are sleepwalking when playing lately.

Last edited:
This is the week to bet UNLV on the money line. Bye week after two fairly solid road performances against better teams than Utah State. Their best shot at avoiding a winless season is here, I think this is the spot you load up on them +235.

This is the week to bet UNLV on the money line. Bye week after two fairly solid road performances against better teams than Utah State. Their best shot at avoiding a winless season is here, I think this is the spot you load up on them +235.

They had their shot, just couldn't put the game away and of course they gave it up at the end. Next week they have another shot at a win, but I'm not sure if they come up with such a spirited effort again. San Jose finally showed up for a game, they might have the buy sign on now.