What can EOG do to take advantage of national legalization?

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member
In the past few days there's been an uptick in my book's sales. I'm not going to do anything, personally, to push this because I'm lazy and private, but I've been wondering about what EOG can do with this opportunity.

Off the top of my head, they should have a prominent odds feed.

They should have an historical odds DB.

They should have push frequency half point calculators, set up to allow easy alternate line comparison.

They should have series price calculators, and season win calculators. This is just embedded spreadsheet stuff.

They could deal with touts. Thus is the money, let's be honest, and is the slippery slope of the biz. One approach would be to monitor and critique them, taking a true watchdog approach.

The other way would be to dance with the devil, let them advertise but put a few limits on their tactics and enforce fair grading. Problem with this is that they all lose, so, nevermind.

Anyway I'm just throwing ideas out there. I do think it's redic that covers does so we'll while offering so little except odds and stats.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: What can EOG do to take advantage of national legalization?

Love the ideas except for promoting the touts which POKERJOE eventually scrapped.

I think the overriding theme here is anti-tout.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Interesting, your thoughts do point to a need for EOG to possibly remake or at least re imagine themselves or risk loss to what logically seems like a flood of new sites.

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

How about G.A. as a sponsor?

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Hire a moderator, keep politics in political forum, feature a poster monthly (Valuist), promote more head to head contests , put touts in own forum.

Advertise in DRF as many legal shops will be tied to racing entities.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Hire a moderator, keep politics in political forum, feature a poster monthly (Valuist), promote more head to head contests , put touts in own forum.

:lightbulb:And that is just for starters....

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

My key point was to increase player functionality. Make it a site where players go to get the info they need to bet. They want stats, injury info and such, but also bet structure help. SBRs half point calculator is lol dated. Does anyone else even have one? Does any site have series price or season win calculators?

But I think the positioning race has already started, and though EOG has some good qualities, it doesn't provide the fundamentals, and at a minimum must do that.

And going anti-tout but pro capper is the way forward, I'm just not sure how to monetize that. I'm not sure what new advertising opportunity might arise. Will new state run books advertise nationally, if they can't take bets nationally?

The Meatman

EOG Dedicated

JK pays me to generate traffic around here. You just might be to make a deal!

This place will NEVER be anything special as long as they allow clowns like you to post.

JK might pay you to LEAVE at best!

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

railbird

EOG Master

agree with more h2h

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Good thread

Nice to see you PJoe, hope all is well.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Are Betting Exchanges coming to the States?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Highly doubtful.

If William Hill is breaking on top in New Jersey, they've already shown their business model to Nevada's sports bettors.

Welcome the losers and eliminate or restrict the winners.

William Hill wants to know who's playing what at all times.

Every bet of $1,000 or more is closely monitored.

I much prefer CGT's business model (small hold percentage on a massive handle) but they've proven to be incompetent and sometimes even criminal.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Excellent suggestions, Billy.

I'll forward your ideas to the ownership group.

Advertise in DRF?

Sounds so 1985.

Remember when English Sports Betting flooded the Racing Form with ads at a time when DRF was accepting money from international sports books?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

I disagree with JK. New Jersey already has legal exchange wagering through Betfair on horse racing.
California has legalized exchange wagering, but has yet to implement any form of it, but of course this could spearhead that movement.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

From the house's perspective, live wagering will be promoted far more heavily than exchange wagering.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Excellent suggestions, Billy.

I'll forward your ideas to the ownership group.

Advertise in DRF?

Sounds so 1985.

Remember when English Sports Betting flooded the Racing Form with ads at a time when DRF was accepting money from international sports books?

For most, this entry point into gaming will be very similar to 1985.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Amen.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Highly doubtful.

If William Hill is breaking on top in New Jersey, they've already shown their business model to Nevada's sports bettors.

I much prefer CGT's business model (small hold percentage on a massive handle) but they've proven to be incompetent and sometimes even criminal.

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t see an issue though. Exchanges don’t care how much you win; they just take a cut of your winnings. I would assume Exchange wagering would be available at some point, just curious as to how soon.

I disagree with JK. New Jersey already has legal exchange wagering through Betfair on horse racing.
California has legalized exchange wagering, but has yet to implement any form of it, but of course this could spearhead that movement.

Thank you also for the reply.

You can log into BF from there and purchase software to trade a price ladder?

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Highly doubtful.

The complaints on WH are about to become monumental

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

they should have up to date and precise info on what states are doing exactly what. what is being offered, what format, VIG, rules hours open, directions, and what seems to be next up or pending in other states. be much more active on Twitter for breaking updated news on states opening up options.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t see an issue though. Exchanges don’t care how much you win; they just take a cut of your winnings. I would assume Exchange wagering would be available at some point, just curious as to how soon.

Thank you also for the reply.

You can log into BF from there and purchase software to trade a price ladder?

Only NJ residents and within the limits of NJ can log in so I'm not exactly sure.

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

they should have up to date and precise info on what states are doing exactly what. what is being offered, what format, VIG, rules hours open, directions, and what seems to be next up or pending in other states. be much more active on Twitter for breaking updated news on states opening up options.

Yes.