What football magazines are a must read prior to the season?

Black Bart

EOG Addicted
Re: What football magazines are a must read prior to the season?

I've bought a copy of Street and Smith's pro version every year since 1980. It's not great, but it is a tradition.

For college, there is one and only one magazine and that is Phil Steele. There's so much info in that 6 pt type that you could be doing a life sentence and not read the whole magazine. Available on newsstands on June 10th.

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

As much as I hate to say this, BY FAR Phil Steele's College football Magazine is the best, not even remotely close......

Hitdogg

I've bought a copy of Street and Smith's pro version every year since 1980. It's not great, but it is a tradition.

For college, there is one and only one magazine and that is Phil Steele. There's so much info in that 6 pt type that you could be doing a life sentence and not read the whole magazine. Available on newsstands on June 10th.
I agree that Steele is must read. His college plays use to do good too but I haven't followed in a long time.

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

I agree that Steele is must read. His college plays use to do good too but I haven't followed in a long time.

He's probably been wrong more than he's been right, but he did have USF as a surprise team last year.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I read Street and Smith as well but it's a tradition. Can't say that it has been all that good, but I like the schedules with past year scoring information. Late free agent signings are huge and most of these magazines print before they all occur.

Street and Smith is out of business. They merged with Sporting News.

Only three that matter:

Mark Lawrence Playbook annual
Blue Ribbon College Preview (not in stores)
Phil Steele (just released). Don't forget to mail the survey in to get the NFL preview free.

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

Must have: Gold Sheet Football Annual and Phil Steele Mag.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Phil Steele bores me, and now on newstands on June 10 means it probably went to print in April-- how useful can it be??

Blue Ribbon is great-- does anybody know when it ships??

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Phil Steele's bible, and it aint even close...
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>