What is your average wager?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Do we have any high rollers here?

As I am getting older, I rarely bet over a dime....guessing my average wager is around 250....small potatoes.....if I really like a game then might wager 500-1000....the days of the 2000-5000 wagers are long gone....good for the old ticker...

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Do we have any high rollers here?

As I am getting older, I rarely bet over a dime....guessing my average wager is around 250....small potatoes.....if I really like a game then might wager 500-1000....the days of the 2000-5000 wagers are long gone....good for the old ticker...

I’d guess your $250 a game is good for top 10% here. I think most people embellish when it comes to how much they wager.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I once asked Las Vegas-based sports handicapper Andy Iskoe the same question VD posted here.

Andy provided the winning response, "None of your business."

The late "Papa Joe" Chevalier offered the funniest line, "I bet $100 a game and I dive off the couch for fumbles."

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I once asked Las Vegas-based sports handicapper Andy Iskoe the same question VD posted here.

The late "Papa Joe" Chevalier offered the funniest line, "I bet $100 a game and I dive off the couch for fumbles."

Ditto

When people ask I ask them this: "Are you going to share in any winning bets I make? They usually say "No." If they say "Yes" (or even if they say "No") I ask them: "Are you going to reimburse me for any losing bets I made?" That is ALWAYS "No"

...........at which point I tell them what I bet is between me and the book. When they are a part of any bet I made they will know but until/unless that happens I have nothing to say

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Loved listening to Papa Joe on TSN Radio.

$25-50 avg here, have ND over today for $150.

Not a pro, don’t really care.

nut6

EOG Master
09:31 AM [472] JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS u47-105
2100 To Win 2000

Here’s a 2 unit play from me.
Certainly not a high roller.
Especially lately.
More like a high loser😡

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember arriving in Las Vegas in the mid-1980's and betting $407 on games.

Why?

The return was $777.

Interestingly, I'm not a superstitious gambler and thankfully I soon graduated to making wagers of $550.

I remember betting two-team, six-point NFL teasers at the Gold Coast for $500 at odds of....wait for it....even-money.

railbird

EOG Master
I remember arriving in Las Vegas in the mid-1980's and betting $407 on games.

Why?

The return was $777.

Interestingly, I'm not a superstitious gambler and thankfully I soon graduated to making wagers of $550.

I remember betting two-team, six-point NFL teasers at the Gold Coast for $500 at odds of....wait for it....even-money.
barbary coast did that too, 6 pt ev. 6.5 -110. 7 pts -120, 3teamer +180

papa 5

EOG Veteran

Loved Papa Joe. He'd start the count down to the next football season the day after the Super Bowl. RIP

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

I remember reading somewhere that some guy from a forum saw Andy Iskoe at Sam's Town in Las Vegas and saw Andy put down a $5 parlay on a two teamer. Sharp guy..