What would you do if the White Sox signed both Harper and Machado?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Feels like fake news.

Though Ken Rosenthal reports the White Sox are interested in Harper over Machado.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The White Sox play in the large shadow cast by the Cubs.

If the White Sox don't win, they don't draw.

The Cubs don't have that problem.

The AL Central has been the weakest division in the league for a long time.

Last edited:

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Someone in another thread mentioned that the Phillies signing McCutchen felt like waving a white flag on Harper.

I tend to agree with that.

Look for him in Dodger Blue.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Someone in another thread mentioned that the Phillies signing McCutchen felt like waving a white flag on Harper.

I tend to agree with that.

Look for him in Dodger Blue.

Maybe so but no way Dodgers give him 10-years and $300M+. Maybe a 10-year deal with 3 years for $100M and an "opt out" which Bryce would do. No way Dodgers commit 10 years and over $300M to Bryce

Heim

EOG Master
I didn't realize they have money to burn. They're only committed to 25 million for next year including Nova.

MrTop

EOG Master
harper belongs in the AL with the solid performance in the OF last year. All we saw was his name and # on his back running after the ball.

sad

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Maybe so but no way Dodgers give him 10-years and $300M+. Maybe a 10-year deal with 3 years for $100M and an "opt out" which Bryce would do. No way Dodgers commit 10 years and over $300M to Bryce
If he sucks or is injured, he doesn’t opt-out. He gets rewarded for sucking ala Jason Hayward. Great gig if you can get it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Reinsdork is going to do it. He will get both. His love is baseball.
His love is making money. He is getting dragged thru the mud by Boras. Boras needs the Cubs or another whale to free up some money. Just like Arrieta last year, he’s bluffing everyone thru the media.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I just dont think its a coincidence what he is doing. Machados wife will influence him to sign with the White Sox now.

They will give Harper 385 million as well.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Once Machado signs on the south side then Harper is going to follow because he will be now convinced they are willing to do what it takes to win.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
In the end it comes down to money or location or little bit of both. I have no doubt White Sox are offering the keys to their franchise to these two but we do know they both want to play for the Yankees...

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
What would I do? I’m certain I wouldn’t do anything.

I’m confident that news would not effect my life whatsoever.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
It would make for a very interesting dynamic here in Chicago this winter and spring among baseball fans.

I really enjoyed watching The Cubs rebuild and have been enjoying the white sox rebuild as well.

they are closer than most think

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I just dont think its a coincidence what he is doing. Machados wife will influence him to sign with the White Sox now.

They will give Harper 385 million as well.
Reinsdorf likes to play smallball with the big boys. It gives the appearance that he is a major player. Sox fans only come out when they win, and not until then.

boston massacre

EOG Master
About 700 Million tied up on 2 Players ?

But Reinsdorf's no youngster.

And you can't take it with you.

So Bequeath all assets to Harper and Machado.

Heim

EOG Master
So the Yonder Alonso acquisition over the weekend was a 'baseball move' according to the WSox & had nothing to do with Yonder being Machado's brother-in-law. Lol ok....