Where do you think we are as a nation?

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
  • From bondage to spiritual faith;
  • From spiritual faith to great courage;
  • From courage to liberty;
  • From liberty to abundance;
  • From abundance to complacency;
  • From complacency to apathy;
  • From apathy to dependence;
  • From dependence back into bondage

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted
Re: Where do you think we are as a nation?

I say we are at the apathy to dependence. Sad, but it's human nature. There will be some that will want to escape the bondage and sadly there will be bloodshed. Probably not in our lifetime but we have left the country in a bad condition for future generations.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Dude, you're going off the deep end! I got 8 credid cards and Im loving life!

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted

You remind me of a quote attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. Sorry I went to far. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people”

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

You remind me of a quote attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. Sorry I went to far. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people”
What category does Sarah Palin fit?

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted

The thing is Sarah Palin has nothing to do with the idea of how long a democracy will last. She is a person you are thinking about. If we can get you to an event maybe in the future we can discuss the idea that the thread started with!

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

I'll go for the fun of it. Believe it or not, I agree with some things you people stand for. But you will split the Republican Party apart and the Dems will win again and again

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted

Okay, then I'll try again. What good is "winning" if the people that win don't stand up for what we believe in? I want people voted in that believe in liberty.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

You are in an odd paradox. You want to change the government, but you don't do the things necessary to win the election. I voted for Obama, but he isn't the person I voted for. Let's face it. Washington is nothing nice and almost impossible to change.

scinlincoln

EOG Addicted

what do you suggest I do? People that believe in what I believe in are outnumbered. I realized years ago there is nothing I can do about anything so I look at it as entertainment. We have politicians out there who think we can change the weather! They say we need to do something because if we don't our grandkids will suffer. Those same people have run up an almost 20 Trillion dollar deficit those same grandkids will have to pay back to China and they don't seem to care. You say I should vote for McCain types. No thanks. Now our Community Organizer in Chief is taking on Russia as they put the Soviet Union back together. The Secretary of State say's this is not fair! Your not using 2014 rules! What a joke. That same idiot is the guy you voted for not long ago. Great fun to watch if was a movie but this is serious stuff. I'm going to have a beer.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

There is one bright side. With a 20 trillion debt and global warming, at least our grandkids wont need to buy umbrellas.

expect16

EOG Enthusiast

Going to be big events and changes in the next few years. Trying to solve a debt problem by borrowing and spending even more, lack of a skilled workforce for the new economy and growing numbers added to the govt teet pretty much signals it.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, it's been a slow recovery. We'll never be as rich as we once was.