Where will TO go?

dirty

EOG Master
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Gossip columnists in Philadelphia reported last month that Terrell Owens was engaged and that he and girlfriend Felisha Terrell would walk down the aisle next spring.
In his professional life, though, Owens hardly seems like the long-term-commitment type. He likes to flirt too much.
Near the end of his 49ers career, he began speaking longingly about playing with a quarterback like Donovan McNabb. That didn't exactly turn out to be a match made in heaven.
Before long, Owens cast his wandering eye toward Peyton Manning and Brett Favre.
Since Owens is apparently about to be single again - professionally speaking, that is - it's time to start thinking about his next destination.
Shortly before winding up with the Eagles, Owens said that being paired with Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick would evoke comparisons to the Chicago Bulls' NBA championship teams.
"Vick would be the Michael Jordan and I would be the Scottie Pippen," said Owens, who has a home in Atlanta, in February 2004.
Though there will be much red tape, the most likely scenario is that Owens becomes a free agent next spring when Philadelphia happily turns him loose before his $5million option bonus is due March 6.
In reviewing the possibilities for Owens' next stop - and, despite the turmoil, there will be no shortage of options - the Falcons loom as an intriguing destination.
Atlanta Coach Jim Mora got along fine with Owens during their 49ers days, and Mora is bold and confident enough to believe he can get along with anyone. Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp was once the target of an Owens sideline rant, but he promptly dismissed the heated exchange "as part of the game, a fun part of the game."
There would be hurdles. Falcons owner Arthur Blank said during a radio interview last spring that there was no way he would take on Owens. And the Atlanta front office faces a salary-cap crunch starting with the upcoming off-season.
But desperation can change things. The Falcons' young receivers have yet to emerge, and they have just two passing plays of 40 yards or more; Owens had four before getting the boot.
It could work - at least until Owens endures a scatter-armed game by Vick and starts talking about what great accuracy Carson Palmer has.

If the Falcons aren't next, who is? An NFL executive reached Tuesday insisted there would be plenty of suitors for Owens, even though the receiver has more baggage than a Samsonite factory.
The executive, who asked not to be named because NFL rules prohibit him from talking about a player under contract, noted the league's willingness to give second chances to felons and drug cheats. Owens is neither of those.
"He's just a bad teammate," the exec said.
Potential suitors fall into two camps: teams that are a piece away from a Super Bowl run (this was the Eagles' thinking once upon a time) and teams that are so desperate for a spark that they would risk getting burned.
Former 49ers coach Dennis Erickson, who grew as sick of Owens as anyone in 2003, sounded almost wistful for him by the end of his 2-14 season. Asked late in 2004 whether he preferred winning with jerks or losing without them, Erickson replied: "I have to be honest. I'll take those wins."
Still, any team where the chemistry is first-rate is likely to learn from Philadelphia's failed experiment and take a pass, which means Owens can forget about teams such as the New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, San Diego Chargers and Indianapolis Colts.
Better bets might be the Miami Dolphins (if they took back Ricky Williams, they'll take anyone), the New Orleans Saints (desperate for a playmaker) or the Green Bay Packers (1-7).
Would a distraction like Owens be welcome in the locker room?
"If he needed a private jet to pick him up, I'd get it," Packers cornerback Al Harris told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's a hell of a player."
Adding Owens to any roster might sound nuts. Fan polls Tuesday were overwhelmingly against the five-time Pro Bowl selection. In an ESPN.com survey, 87 percent of respondents said they did not believe Owens' televised apology Tuesday was sincere. In an America Online poll, 41 percent ranked Owens as the hardest athlete to root for, putting him ahead of Mike Tyson (31 percent), Barry Bonds (23 percent) and Ron Artest (5 percent).
But for coaches and executives, whose livelihoods depend on victories, the gamble is tempting. Andre Rison, who wrote bad checks in four states and had felony convictions for stealing a tape recorder and failure to pay child support, found employment with seven teams.
Plus, there is always hope that a bad apple can reform: Just ask the Chicago White Sox, who found the cure for a clubhouse cancer by riding A.J. Pierzynski to the World Series.
So it's safe to say Owens will find a taker, although perhaps not at the $6million he made at his peak. Remember, though, it only takes one team to buy into the pledge he put forth Tuesday.
"I know in my heart," Owens said, "that I can help the team win the Super Bowl and not only be a dominant player, but also be a team player. I can bring that."
---

Think about this.

Favre, Reggie Bush, T.O, Walker, Franks, Furgeson, Driver.

That's a suberbowl team baby. No defense needed with this offense.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Anybody who signs this bum deserves everything TO will bring to their team, good and MOSTLY BAD!

TO will NOT play for the Packers.

How many of you have been to Green Bay?

I have been there, and there may not be a more square, whitebread, All-American NFL city than Green Bay Wisconsin. No way in hell the Packers bring this guy in, they would take so much heat from their fans it would be UNREAL.

coconutman said:
They live for the Packers.
FACT.

The only people in Green Bay that look like Terrell Owens are players on the Packers. Aside from that, Green Bay is 1953 Ozzie and Harriet, Dwight Eisenhour, U.S.A.

You saw that commercial where a cop drives around Green Bay during the game. The town looks dead since everyone is inside watching the game. There was one car in the city and the cap said " Must be a Bears fan" something along those lines.

YOU GUYS WITH YOUR GREEN BAY CHIT ARE IDIOTS. WHY THE PHUCK WOULD THEY DEAL WITH ROSENHAUS AGAIN AFTER THE WALKER CHIT,

GET A CLUE!!!!!

Quit yelling 5team. I know there is no chance in hell that T.O will be in the Packers uniform next year.

Can you just play along relax and give us your intput on where T.O might end up next?

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast
Hopefully far far away, i hope to never hear about him or his doings again, talk about an attention whore. and the media gives it to him, i say ignore him and do not give him any more press time period.

:+signs9-1

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
he can still be a good player for someone. He is learning that he is not bigger than any team though. I just wonder where he got such an attitude from. He is quite a player when he just plays the game.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
coconutman said:
Think about this.

Favre, Reggie Bush, T.O, Walker, Franks, Furgeson, Driver.

That's a suberbowl team baby. No defense needed with this offense.

That's a superbowl offense minus Favre of course. I don't understand why you guys think he is so good right now?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Dallas Cowboys may be frontrunners now.

Jerry Jones saying he would love to have T.O. on top of the fact T.O. would love to play in that same division now against Philly.....

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
"I have been there, and there may not be a more square, whitebread, All-American NFL city than Green Bay Wisconsin."

Tell me about it. When hall of fame wide receiver James Lofton was with the Packers, he was at a car dealership signing autographs when a little boy walked up to him, pointed at Lofton, turned to his dad and said, "look dad, a n-i-g-g-e-r!"

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Randy Moss says he woulnd't even play with T.O..........

<CENTER><CENTER>Moss has no plans to play with T.O.</CENTER>
</CENTER><CENTER>By JANIE McCAULEY - AP Sports Writer
</CENTER><CENTER> 2005-11-16 19:46</CENTER>

<CENTER><TABLE width="66%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=genericContent>ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Randy Moss wants no part of playing alongside Terrell Owens.
Nor does he see any similarity between himself and Owens.
In his first interview in more than two months, Moss addressed several topics with ESPN for a program scheduled to air in full Sunday morning.
``No, I'm not here,'' Moss said when asked how he would respond if Owens were to come to Oakland.
``I mean, T.O. could be good here with the Raiders but I don't think with his baggage and everything he's been through, and my baggage and what I've been through, I don't think that would work. As far as being compared to the league and myself, I mean they don't talk to me, I don't talk to them, so we don't even have a relationship. No communication.''
Moss hasn't spoken to the local media since the Raiders' Sept. 8 season opener at New England despite numerous requests. Moss vowed from early in training camp to go about his job with little fanfare this season, minding his own business as he makes a fresh start following seven rocky seasons with Minnesota.
His teammates have supported Moss, saying he is a strong leader in the locker room and on the field. But the Raiders aren't winning with him - Oakland is 3-6 heading into Sunday's game at Washington. Moss participated in only part of Wednesday's afternoon practice.
Moss has kept a low profile, constantly wearing giant headphones or chattering away on his cell phone. He has five touchdowns this season and caught a 29-yard TD pass from Kerry Collins in Sunday's 31-17 loss to Denver. Moss' six receptions in the game were his most catches since joining the Raiders in March.
In the ESPN interview, Moss seemed to think hard when asked about his relationship with coach Norv Turner, pausing several seconds before responding. Moss has played a limited role in recent weeks as he recovers from a hard fall against San Diego on Oct. 16, when he bruised his ribs, strained a groin and bruised his pelvic area.
``Um, I think his approach, being an offensive-minded coach, is something that I can accept, I like,'' Moss said. ``I mean, he's the man, uh, and, you know, I'll leave that at that.''
Turner started chuckling when asked to respond to Moss' interview, which the coach said ``was actually very positive.'' Turner read the entire transcript, which he said was longer than the version that aired Tuesday, and spoke to Moss about it Wednesday.
``Let me wait 15 seconds to answer,'' Turner joked after practice. ``I like the way Randy's approached this season. I like the way he's approached our team, our games. I wish he was 100 percent healthy, because I think he was really off to a great start. He's trying to get everything out of what he's got. He's been a real positive asset to our team. I think he's done a great job of coming in here and fitting in.''
Owens was suspended by the Philadelphia Eagles on Nov. 5 and told not to return to the team following a series of incidents, including repeated criticism of quarterback Donovan McNabb and insulting the organization.
Oakland owner Al Davis is all for giving second chances to NFL veterans in spite of their past, so nobody around the Raiders would rule out Owens one day wearing silver and black.
``You know, T.O. is his own player; I'm my own player,'' Moss said. ``We have no similarities whatsoever. I'm a playmaker, he's a playmaker. It's just who makes the most plays is what separates me and him.''
Moss also said NFL is taking ``the fun away from the game'' by restricting how players can celebrate their achievements on the field.
Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win last season and also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.
Other transgressions included bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999, in addition to his infamous ``I play when I want to play'' comments.
``I mean, how can a guy go out there and really let everything, like I've always said, I like to play, within those white lines, I let myself go,'' Moss said. ``I like to be free. That's why I have my time to just go and just erupt. And with all the rules and the guidelines we've got to follow, man, the league is, they're taking away the fun.''
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

No way Parcells would put up with him...

No way Mike Shanahan would put up with him...

No way Atlanta can afford him...

Herm Edwards... now THERE is an interesting one...

Players coach, has successfully taken in several problem players and made them productive...

But Edwards will NOT be coaching the Jets next year...

Jets have too many offensive problems.

NY media and fans are the worst around (well, except Philly)

Watch for Edwards to wind up in KC

Think what Owens could do in a KC offense...

Now you are talking...