Who are these idiots paying for these sports events?

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Whether its the super bowl, nba finals, mlb world series, or any of these events. Who are these people that actually pay money to go to these events? The regular season games are already expensive. And unless you have a very closeup view of the action, anyone who even watches these events should just watch it on a big screen tv. I could understand someone wanting to attend an nba or nfl or mlb game once or twice, but anyone that actually pays for tickets to watch these events are clear idiots. The cheapest seats are all the way at the top. You basically cannot see anything that goes up there. You are basically watching ants or looking at the big screen. Now if you get any decent seats, congrats you are paying a decent amount of money for it. Then you got ppl paying for very good seats and even courtside seats.

Even if i was rich, i would not pay to go to these events. These athletes are paid a ridiculous amount of money. And we the consumers are idiots for buying into it. Seriously why would it matter if you were at a playoff game or not? Why would it matter if you were at the superbowl? Unless you are rich or at least high upper class, i cannot imagine anyone else even bother attending sporting events. Lets put it this way. Why does it matter if your team win in the game? Why does it matter if they win the championship? Unless you are a sportsbettor or shareholder, how does this affect you? I mean so what they are your city's team. It has no bearing on you whether they win or lose. You actually think the players care that that much about it? Sure they care, but even if they lose, they already collected a huge paycheck. I literally could not believe the salaries many of these nba players are getting. You have average nba players getting paid at least 15 million dollars. Some players are getting 25 million and these are average nba players. Back then, nobody got paid that much unless you were a top 3 nba player.

And again you know who are the biggest fools of them all? The consumers. Why does it matter if a player signs to a 3 year contract for 60 million dollars. Then you have regular ppl talking about yes that contract is good for the player because he gets to opt out on year X etc. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THAT AFFECT YOU? Seriously does that team winning a title mean anything to you? Of course not. Many of these athletes would be nothing without consumers. I mean anyone that pays 10k per ticket for courtside seats is a moron. Even if i had 1 billion dollars, i wouldn't do this because its basically buying into the product. And then you factor in those ppl who dont even make much money or have much money go to the nba finals or something like that and pay 500+ dollars for a tickets.

Also if you think about it... regular season games are a joke. Look at mlb. There are 162 games. Way too many baseball games where most games do not mean anything. The NFL i say is much different since there isn't a ton of games. But not only that, these players are not getting paid ridiculous amounts of money like nba players are. I cant even believe how much money mlb players are paid. If anything, nfl players should be paid more than any american sport. Where there are guys in the nba which are horrible and play in the bench and get paid millions of dollars... that is a joke. Consumers should not go to any of these events when ticket prices cost the way they do. And the worst thing is when players keep arguing how they deserve more money than the owners. These players are getting paid so much money where most consumers cannot even go and watch the game. Imagine if every consumer does not go to these events. Then the players will know what hard work is. Sports is entertainment and nothing else. When movie stars and tv stars perform, sure they make a lot of money if they are top actors. But if they are not, they either cannot find tv shows, movies to go on and are broke.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Re: Who are these idiots paying for these sports events?

The thing that goes for these athletes is these players cannot play their sports for a very long time. So yes that makes sense when salaries are so high. But when players you never even heard of make 2 million dollars a year, that is not right. When you see those fans in the nba finals attending these games, all i think is you guys are just idiots unless your company pays for your tickets.

The one sport where i think things are actually right is probably hockey and tennis. I dont know that much about these sports except i know no way these tickets are overpriced compared to football, basketball and baseball. The other thing is look at boxing and ufc. Seriously why does it matter who wins. Is this going to affect you? Look at mayweather and mcgregor. These guys are laughing all the way to the bank. These guys are making millions on a boxing match. Im sure anyone here is willing to box or go fight mma against these guys for 100k easily. Now if you guys go buy the nfl ticket, nba tv or these ppvs, sure that puts more money in their wallet. But at least they are not pouring tons of money in.

I always wonder who are these ppl that buys PPVs. Are there really that many? I always hear that they say they estimate this many PPV buys for the ppv. I mean really ppl are shelling 100 dollars just to watch this boxing match? Whether its boxing or anything else like UFC, its stupid. But not as stupid as gonig to the actual event where unless you are watcing very close, its a waste.

The issue is american tv has made sports a lot more than it is. All these talk shows talking about players and trades etc. Who cares if some nba player is traded. Who cares if some nba player has words with the other guy who left the team. Even if they did, they aren't really upset. They are making millions already. All these sports talk shows are stupid. Everyday on espn or fsn they have these shows where they say... is this player the top 5 or top 10 player of all time. Who is better... this player or this player? Its the same thing over and over again. Why does it matter? Why create more useless topics? Its like they seem to run out of topics etc. The media plays a huge part in sports being bigger than it is. I remember back then when i was little... i always watched sports. Then as you get older you still watch it. But then you ask... why does it even matter? I mean are you related to any of these players? Do you have any stake in the team? If not, its just stupid. Sure you watch it for entertainment. But when you go and buy overpriced tickets, its just foolish. I rather buy tickets and watch a vegas show or a circus show instead.

MrTop

EOG Master

knew the bartender in goodfellas ....gets a paycheck rest of his life. Never said a word in the movie.

Many people that go to games in box seats / suites tickets are given to them

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

it's because people are sheep and will do what they are told or brainwashed into believing that this is what they should do. you left out going to a NFL game and it's only about 8 minutes of real action. the rest is walking back to the huddle, letting the play clock run down but mostly it's just sitting there waiting for the ref to signal that a tv commercial is over and they can begin another 4 second play. people hero worship these players because they have nothing else to relate to. you're right, why does it matter to you if a player gets injured or traded and that's all they talk about on talk radio for days. this year they even send someone to critique a nfl players performance in "practice" never mind a pre-season game. people shell out a weeks pay to go to game and don't even seem to mind or care. then they shell out 12.00 for a beer and 7.00 for a hot dog and eat like they are starving to death. you can eat before or after a game at much less cost. in the NBA you plan for weeks to go see lebron and he decides he needs rest so he doesn't even play. no one complains. you used to be able to get into the bleachers at fenway park for .50. now it's 50.00. inflation hasn't gone up that much. on talk radio all you hear is how can we make this team win a championship. with 30 teams the odds should about once every 30 years. fans say all the matters is that we win (not that they get anything out of it) so we can have a parade. or my team is going to get to go to the white house. (not one of those players want to be in a parade or go to the white house believe it). minimal cost to stay home and watch it on huge tv's nowadays, but the sheep still go.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Do you feel the same way about concerts, plays, movies?

MrTop

EOG Master

all of it is out to grab your dollar...grab your attention ..... people can do without sports, movies, tv, plays etc.

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

except that you can bet on sports but not on movies, plays or concerts. but you don't have to be there. people bring their kids under 7 who are only interested in concessions or stuffed toys. fine for kids 8-13 but that's about it.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

knew the bartender in goodfellas ....gets a paycheck rest of his life. Never said a word in the movie.

Many people that go to games in box seats / suites tickets are given to them

Good stuff:pop:

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

To take selfies and post on Facebook to show the world that they are there are you are not.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

except that you can bet on sports but not on movies, plays or concerts. but you don't have to be there. people bring their kids under 7 who are only interested in concessions or stuffed toys. fine for kids 8-13 but that's about it.

Youre correct in that we don't have to be there, but it is a nice diversion from everyday life. The season ticket holders that don't scalp their tickets, I don't know how they do it. I totally get it about the money grab - I have ND season tickets that are given to me from my uncle. I would never pay for them, nor do I have the time to attend every game, so I do give my pair to customers who wouldn't be able to go otherwise - as long as they don't scalp them.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted

Hhere in Ohio, its a tradition....( KIND OF A RITUAL )...back in the day, it wasn't expensive to go to a browns or buckeye game, & it just kinda becomes a tradition to go to a home game or listen on the radio, because father & son did, then son & grand son did. I couldn't imagine not watching the buckeyes on a saturday. ..........Everything now is BIG business & they gouge the fans .

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted

How much is the average ticket price for these world series tickets?

Im also curious but how many average fans actually attend these games? I mean do middle class people attend the world series? Im wondering how do these people even have the money to attend something like this.

I wish they'd cut the tax loophole for companies to be able to write off tickets to sporting events. It would lower ticket prices for the true fans to be able to attend more games.

Gabe

Horse racing expert

game 7 looking like $1300

*if necessary

IssaJet

EOG Enthusiast

Whether its the super bowl, nba finals, mlb world series, or any of these events. Who are these people that actually pay money to go to these events? The regular season games are already expensive. And unless you have a very closeup view of the action, anyone who even watches these events should just watch it on a big screen tv. I could understand someone wanting to attend an nba or nfl or mlb game once or twice, but anyone that actually pays for tickets to watch these events are clear idiots. The cheapest seats are all the way at the top. You basically cannot see anything that goes up there. You are basically watching ants or looking at the big screen. Now if you get any decent seats, congrats you are paying a decent amount of money for it. Then you got ppl paying for very good seats and even courtside seats.

Even if i was rich, i would not pay to go to these events. These athletes are paid a ridiculous amount of money. And we the consumers are idiots for buying into it. Seriously why would it matter if you were at a playoff game or not? Why would it matter if you were at the superbowl? Unless you are rich or at least high upper class, i cannot imagine anyone else even bother attending sporting events. Lets put it this way. Why does it matter if your team win in the game? Why does it matter if they win the championship? Unless you are a sportsbettor or shareholder, how does this affect you? I mean so what they are your city's team. It has no bearing on you whether they win or lose. You actually think the players care that that much about it? Sure they care, but even if they lose, they already collected a huge paycheck. I literally could not believe the salaries many of these nba players are getting. You have average nba players getting paid at least 15 million dollars. Some players are getting 25 million and these are average nba players. Back then, nobody got paid that much unless you were a top 3 nba player.

And again you know who are the biggest fools of them all? The consumers. Why does it matter if a player signs to a 3 year contract for 60 million dollars. Then you have regular ppl talking about yes that contract is good for the player because he gets to opt out on year X etc. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THAT AFFECT YOU? Seriously does that team winning a title mean anything to you? Of course not. Many of these athletes would be nothing without consumers. I mean anyone that pays 10k per ticket for courtside seats is a moron. Even if i had 1 billion dollars, i wouldn't do this because its basically buying into the product. And then you factor in those ppl who dont even make much money or have much money go to the nba finals or something like that and pay 500+ dollars for a tickets.

Also if you think about it... regular season games are a joke. Look at mlb. There are 162 games. Way too many baseball games where most games do not mean anything. The NFL i say is much different since there isn't a ton of games. But not only that, these players are not getting paid ridiculous amounts of money like nba players are. I cant even believe how much money mlb players are paid. If anything, nfl players should be paid more than any american sport. Where there are guys in the nba which are horrible and play in the bench and get paid millions of dollars... that is a joke. Consumers should not go to any of these events when ticket prices cost the way they do. And the worst thing is when players keep arguing how they deserve more money than the owners. These players are getting paid so much money where most consumers cannot even go and watch the game. Imagine if every consumer does not go to these events. Then the players will know what hard work is. Sports is entertainment and nothing else. When movie stars and tv stars perform, sure they make a lot of money if they are top actors. But if they are not, they either cannot find tv shows, movies to go on and are broke.

Why do you give a shit what other people choose to prioritize with their money? Maybe they are people who like experiences rather than complaining on the Internet.

railbird

EOG Master

most tickets are written off by corporate. IF wnba did not comp tix, the attendance would literally be about 20 people, same with wta tennis. its a fukkin joke that the women get equal prize money as men in grandslams. no tennis fans ask for women matches at usopen

rico1

EOG Master

Plenty of great seats available each-and-every Sunday at any Nfl stadium near you.