Who has the best EOG team?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

It's 5 keeps or no keeps. Pretty simple really.

I vote 5.
I made trades last yr for young pitching. According to the new proposed rules - we'd ony be allowed 5 and cant even keep ANY 3 we'd want.

I agree with RJT: keep 5 or start fresh and go to the 5 keepers but lose the round they were drafted in.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Mother fucker i hate all of u

TN that money was supposed to be sent from Tuck to you

He was settling up from Timely

Tuck what happened

tripp

EOG Master

yes TN the keeper issue is for next season since a lot feel now that 5 is too many. obv cant change it for this year since a lot of guys planned for 5 keeps already and traded for those rules

right now we have 5 for three keepers (me, ttp, gamer, joey, viejo), and 4 for five keepers (mc, rjt, cee, timely)

Timetopay

EOG Master

TTP owed 100 to RJ and TN, TTP told me to take care of it because Timely owed 200 to TTP i think

I owe 100 to RJ and TN to cover TTP's side with them

I spoke to RJ about it, completely forgot about TN< i will get with him

Am i hanging onto the money again or is someone else this time? I dont care either way

bumpers for TN

you think i wouldslowpay ya for 100???and you dont pm me toask?

:shoot:

rjt721

EOG Master

TImely, did Gamer pay his debt to you?

Did you pay RTJ?

Any other slowpay/stiffs that need to get resovled before we start the 2012 season here?

:+clueless
Gamer sent me the 250 he owed Timely.

Actually he sent 249. Fucking Jew stiffed me a buck. :finger004

rjt721

EOG Master

I vote 5.
I made trades last yr for young pitching. According to the new proposed rules - we'd ony be allowed 5 and cant even keep ANY 3 we'd want.

I agree with RJT: keep 5 or start fresh and go to the 5 keepers but lose the round they were drafted in.
Has to be 5. You traded for Felix, Stras, Pineda to keep for a number of years. Now we change to 3 and you gotta drop 1. :shoot:

Just give guys the option of keeping 3 and then they get 2 extra picks at the beginning of the draft. But guys who want to keep 5 should absolutely be able to.

Timetopay
EOG Dedicated
<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>May 22, 2007 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>19,564 </DD></DL>
[h=2] Re: Who has the best EOG team?[/h]

Originally Posted by Tuckman
TTP owed 100 to RJ and TN, TTP told me to take care of it because Timely owed 200 to TTP i think

I owe 100 to RJ and TN to cover TTP's side with them

I spoke to RJ about it, completely forgot about TN< i will get with him

Am i hanging onto the money again or is someone else this time? I dont care either way

bumpers for TN

you think i wouldslowpay ya for 100???and you dont pm me toask?

:shoot:​

Need a damn roadmap to figure out what the hell all that means.

I was just busting balls. I figured Whoever could just pay part of this year with it.

So it think Tuck has it, so just keep it as partical payment for the year. Unless we go to 3 keepers than I am out.

Start the damn draft already :shoot:

tripp

EOG Master

with all the trading and how viotile all the members of the league are I hope nobody is keeping guys for what they produce 3 years down the line. when i think of keepers im only thinking of who will be good NEXT season, knowing at most ill still have 2 of the same people anyways the following year.

as a fair compromise though Im OK with rj's suggestion of guys being able to keep how many players they want up to 5, and for any player you do not keep you get an extra pick from the player pool before the actual draft starts.

so say viejo kepts 0 guys this year he could draft from all the non kept players first (so hed take price, and then if nobody else kept 0-1 guys hed draft again and go gallardo etc like that).

If all the others that voted for 3 like that i think that is fair

rjt721

EOG Master

Tripp, you lost me at "viotile."

Think you were going for "volatile" but not sure. :btj:

absolutely hate the idea.

If I have a very deep team and have to give up studs to the draft, I dont want to reward someone that mismanaged his team and let him screw up the whole first round.

You talk about good players being gone now, just think how thin it would be with guys taking the top 7 or 10 out of the draft after the keepers.

rjt721

EOG Master

We're rewarding the bad teams by making it 3 keepers.

You think TTP would want to change to 3 keepers next year if he wasn't stuck with Ubaldo and Ervin keeps this season?

i think the stupid shit is going to be a "teacher" also :lol

:LMAO

Can you imagine his class. Kid will be betting their lunch money. He will have a fantasy league in every class.

I can see the phone call now. Tiripp - "Hello, this is Mr Tripp, Scottie's teacher" I need to talk to him about a project he is doing in my class. Mother - thats fine, but it's 2am cant this wait until the morning? Tripp - No, I do my best work late at night. Plus the injury report will be out in the morning at it will be too late.

tripp

EOG Master

absolutely hate the idea.

If I have a very deep team and have to give up studs to the draft, I dont want to reward someone that mismanaged his team and let him screw up the whole first round.

You talk about good players being gone now, just think how thin it would be with guys taking the top 7 or 10 out of the draft after the keepers.

well most from what ive seen would prefer we switch to 3 keepers (and this is AFTER this season so not sure how it is unfair to anybody but i guess some people put their keepers together for the 2015 season)

i just thought this would be a decent middle ground

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Start the slow draft also you fucks, i will pay for the league now if we will start the slow draft, if not i will wait till we lose the $20 discount :finger004

tripp

EOG Master

:LMAO

Can you imagine his class. Kid will be betting their lunch money. He will have a fantasy league in every class.

I can see the phone call now. Tiripp - "Hello, this is Mr Tripp, Scottie's teacher" I need to talk to him about a project he is doing in my class. Mother - thats fine, but it's 2am cant this wait until the morning? Tripp - No, I do my best work late at night. Plus the injury report will be out in the morning at it will be too late.

hahaha

I actually started a hockey pool with the kids at the school i helped out at last year, but no money involved or i might get in a bit of trouble. Would love to get them going with a fantasy bases starters league but most of the kids here dont give two shits about baseball.

Can someone tell me why we dont start the draft?

Gave me a reason to look forward to getting home after a hard days work. Couldnt wait to see 2 picks made in 24 hours.

tripp

EOG Master

Nah Tripper, can't keep zero guys under that scenario. Would be keep 3 or 5.

I'm okay with that also, min. keeps of 3 so you dont completely bail out the guys that fucked up their teams (*cough* littles *cough*).

truthfully dont care much either way, whatever most want is fine with me

tripp

EOG Master

im game for starting the slow draft now, but not like we will get any picks in since we have to have everybody's keepers first and no way in hell everybody is here right now.

Again, hate the idea. Who gets first pick? Does it go reverse order after the first pick? etc?

Part of this league is about keeping the best guys you can. Guys would be making deals if they know they get the best of the pool knowing they only are going to keep 3 or 4. While top teams get screwed because they cant know how deep the pool is going to be. Just a lot of problems in my mind.

I think we either keep 5, or start the league over in 2013. I hate all of the Obama logic of stealing from the rich to reward the guy that doesnt want to work as hard.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

We cant start now unless we make time limits. Or say we do 1 rd per day.

If we dont set a time limit someone will pick and another guy will wait to see news or for injuries.

I am up for a rd each day.

tripp

EOG Master

So should keepers be put in now? I forgot how we do it whether we just give them to rjt or put it through on cbs somehow

just make it a 24 hour rule. If you dont pick within 24 hours of the guy that picked last you either get skipped until you pick (keep losing a slot to guys that make picks) or you get the guy the draft assigns you.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

TN-

Agree I love the slow draft. Its inevitable that someone will get screwed by an injury, but those are the breaks. I dont want to finish the slow draft in 1 week. I ant it to take time. To shit talk and talk trade. At the same time, i dont want to wait 48 hrs for one pick either.

tripp

EOG Master

Not hard to leave lists with other guys and most here have cell info for other league members. 24 hr is plenty of time to check in also so not like you have to be waiting 24/7 for joey to get home from shopping at lacoste

he stiffed joey for a large amount, how is that no big deal?

also the guy is a scumbag and didn't always pay on time. the one year i was holding he used the its in the mail excuse on me 3 or 4 different times, saying shit like "oh sorry just realized it got sent back, i was missing a stamp apparently LOL, will send it back out tomorrow" only to hear back 3 weeks later that "totally forgot man, sorry. my knee just been in bad shape, ill get it out soon"
:shoot:
i wouldnt even have had a problem if the guy said he needed some time cause ive obviously been there myself, but the fake in the mail stories were ridiculous

I don't care if Joey got raped by a big black guy and got aids as a result of it. So to me, no big deal what happens to the guy.

It seems like lots of guys do that also on slow paying.