Who has the best EOG team?

Integrity

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

extra playoff team in each lg is gonna be awesome...puts extra emphasis on winning the div... both wildcards going at it in a 1 game playoff should be exciting. my only concern is about ties n all that

as far as sp's for 2012, i have the order being:

lee, kershaw, doc, verlander-- first tier
cc, weaver, felix, lince-- second tier
haren, cain, shields, yovanni, hamels, price, greinke, pineda, stras---- third tier

wainwright can get up there if he pitches 200 innings but will prob be in the 170 range.

TTP has 2 SPs that he's not keeping who should score right around the same as Matt Moore this year. But he's not keeping either and they're both just slightly ahead of Ervin.

Talk shit if y'all want, that's fine. Maybe I'm wrong but I use a system when projecting dudes. Yes, part of it includes software but that's just part of it.

But nothing beats learning first hand so it'll be interesting seeing how this league actually works this year. Knowing the categories n all that is one thing, planning the matchups n having them unfold is obviously another.

Joey's team should be solid though. I'm not expecting to win the league, but I also don't think I'll fall flat on my face either. He'll have a competitive squad with just enough high upside guys that could lead to strong success should he catch a break or two.

extra playoff team in each lg is gonna be awesome...puts extra emphasis on winning the div... both wildcards going at it in a 1 game playoff should be exciting. my only concern is about ties n all that

as far as sp's for 2012, i have the order being:

lee, kershaw, doc, verlander-- first tier
cc, weaver, felix, lince-- second tier
haren, cain, shields, yovanni, hamels, price, greinke, pineda, stras---- third tier

wainwright can get up there if he pitches 200 innings but will prob be in the 170 range.

TTP has 2 SPs that he's not keeping who should score right around the same as Matt Moore this year. But he's not keeping either and they're both just slightly ahead of Ervin.

Talk shit if y'all want, that's fine. Maybe I'm wrong but I use a system when projecting dudes. Yes, part of it includes software but that's just part of it.

But nothing beats learning first hand so it'll be interesting seeing how this league actually works this year. Knowing the categories n all that is one thing, planning the matchups n having them unfold is obviously another.

Joey's team should be solid though. I'm not expecting to win the league, but I also don't think I'll fall flat on my face either. He'll have a competitive squad with just enough high upside guys that could lead to strong success should he catch a break or two.

You forgot to list my keeps for some reason :+clueless

Timetopay

EOG Master

are u on crack Pineda with Haren,Sheilds,Grienke

GTFO

Guy has half a season and now faces the AL East

Upside but damn if i would put him in any class like that.

FN Girardi hasnt even named him a starter:shoot:

tripp

EOG Master

Cee didnt you want 6 playoff teams for this fantasy league though? If not my bad, but for sure thought you were one of the guys that wanted 6 playoff teams.

Why does it suck for MLB to go with 10 playoff teams out of 30 (33%), but we should have 6 out of 12 teams make it (50%) ? :+clueless

tripp

EOG Master

Didn't pineda end the season with a 3.74 era or something around there? He will be in line for more wins this season, sure, but that ERA could also easily go up to around 4+. Seattle is a sweet place to pitch and he goes to a huge hitters park vs the best hitting division in baseball.

Integrity

EOG Master

are u on crack Pineda with Haren,Sheilds,Grienke

GTFO

Guy has half a season and now faces the AL East

Upside but damn if i would put him in any class like that.

FN Girardi hasnt even named him a starter:shoot:

Upside + winning team.

Plus, he may be pitching 4th in the rotation. That's gonna make him the fave in so many matchups.

tripp

EOG Master

Time, please leave the bases talk to guys that made the playoffs. Thanks.

Also my Dream Weav vs "third best SP on his own team" Shields side offer still stands.

Ill even let you take the highest score from Shields or ervin vs whatever Weaver puts up. 0 chance either comes close to the california dream :btj:

Integrity

EOG Master

Didn't pineda end the season with a 3.74 era or something around there? He will be in line for more wins this season, sure, but that ERA could also easily go up to around 4+. Seattle is a sweet place to pitch and he goes to a huge hitters park vs the best hitting division in baseball.

I don't think it's that simple though.

Sure, the ballpark is a factor, But he'll also have natural progression of talent. Could wash itself out.

The key with him though, is he will have a lineup to where he doesn't face the stress of always needing to hold the opposing teams to 1 or 2 runs to have a chance to win. I've read a lot about how that alone will bring about an improvement in numbers.

Cee didnt you want 6 playoff teams for this fantasy league though? If not my bad, but for sure thought you were one of the guys that wanted 6 playoff teams.

Why does it suck for MLB to go with 10 playoff teams out of 30 (33%), but we should have 6 out of 12 teams make it (50%) ? :+clueless

lol, I did.

Since in fantasy the 3-4-5-6 teams are usually super close and almost equal. Don't see so many wildcard guys deserving to get in for regular bases

tripp

EOG Master

I don't think it's that simple though.

Sure, the ballpark is a factor, But he'll also have natural progression of talent. Could wash itself out.

The key with him though, is he will have a lineup to where he doesn't face the stress of always needing to hold the opposing teams to 1 or 2 runs to have a chance to win. I've read a lot about how that alone will bring about an improvement in numbers.

Sure there is progression, but numbers don't always go in a straight incline. There are bumps and turns in the progression of a young player, especially a young arm. It took Kershaw a while to develop into the dominant ace he was last year after showing glimpses and periods of doing it his whole career. I think it will take Pineda some time. His 2nd half last year was mediocre and he still has to prove he can pitch well once he hits 120-130 innings. Ricky Romero is a great example of a guy that has had dominant first part of the seasons, only to struggle late in the year consistently (think he turned that around last year)

Also the last point is fair, but i think it may go in the other direction at times also. I can see guys really excelling because their offense is poor. Pitchers really give their best effort in tight 2-1 type of ball games where they know every run they give up could cost them the win. Pitchers with big leads can sometimes coast and give up a few runs just trying to throw strikes and speed up the game.

Timetopay

EOG Master

wow now tegs has two guys on my squad better than ervin who he said he liked better than marcum

I told you all i got fd last year

I got a ton of undiscovered talent:houra

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Haha, Pineda = greinke is funny. Also, how does anyone have software projecting moores stats haha. Guys all potential and no production. I guess tegs software scouts too. This guy is too much. I guess greinke is gonna hurt himself playing basketball again.

Integrity

EOG Master

Greinke does need to get his road stats in order. Does seem odd to have Pineda in the Greinke tier, I'll give you that.

But in this format, if he's the 4 in NY, the points should be there.

Trading with you guys should be fun. I'll find out real quick who the sharks are and who the used car salesmen are.

Timely, I'll prob offer something to you early on just to see if all your trade replies are gonna be, "are you fuckin' retarded dude? no fuckin way you and chute your software thinks this is fair :shoot:"

or something to that affect lol

but if you're civil in trade discussions, i'll have no probs dealing with ya. there is a dude in a lg that every time we trade, it's a big argument til we finally work something out, which i think will be the case with you

biggamer3

EOG Master

yeah Ian Kennedy who posted 600+ points last year in his second season will decline by 200+ points for some reason, Integs leave now before you say other stupid things

Integrity

EOG Master

yeah Ian Kennedy who posted 600+ points last year in his second season will decline by 200+ points for some reason, Integs leave now before you say other stupid things

If you don't think Ian Kennedy dips some, you got another thing coming

He's good but pitched over his head last yr

Timetopay

EOG Master

well cap since we only got 5 guys little tough to say since our commish is traveling the amazon right now.
:shoot:

Timetopay

EOG Master

If Tripp couldnt win with his staff anything is possible

Tegs another guy who does have the chops to win. He will choke.

Hes gonna be hiding behind SSIs computer with some system while im kicking his ass

Timetopay

EOG Master

Anyone who is worried about the 22 year old boy wonder over me shows that they have no shot

:houra

Integrity

EOG Master

You do talk a good game...I'll give you that. And keeping faith in Ubaldo shows you may be shrewd.

I'm glad I'm being talked down and given no shot. You do me a favor by writing me off. Under the radar is where I'd rather be anyway. So thanks :cheers

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Who has pick 3?

if they want they will have Yu available to them. I am going with Gay-Ardo unless something drastic happens.

Timetopay

EOG Master

You do talk a good game...I'll give you that. And keeping faith in Ubaldo shows you may be shrewd.

I'm glad I'm being talked down and given no shot. You do me a favor by writing me off. Under the radar is where I'd rather be anyway. So thanks :cheers

its not talk. I should have been two time champ. last year i made a few extra trades or im back in the dance.

Ubaldo will be fine pitching vs the happless whitesox and twins. He gets 8 ks between gordo and Dunn everytime he faces just them

Like I said Tegs you caught a break with your start of squad. If this was starting with no players u would have 0 shot. As it stands u are about 1 percent to make playoffs

Timetopay

EOG Master

Who has pick 3?

if they want they will have Yu available to them. I am going with Gay-Ardo unless something drastic happens.

you always were picking him. i know capper

always a chance tegs takes gayardo and leaves ya price

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

No Bullshitting I think I'd rather have gallardo. Price is a stud...but hate when he goes against my Yankees. That being said, if he takes Gay-ardo, i will definitely grab Price.

biggamer3

EOG Master

wow at 4 I might get Yu!

Will be a choice between Yu maybe JJ, or possibly the other SP I really want, which i wont name obviously

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

wow at 4 I might get Yu!

Will be a choice between Yu maybe JJ, or possibly the other SP I really want, which i wont name obviously

You definitely have a shot at him. If the guy whos picking 3 doesnt grab Yu, he can be YUrs.