Who will Zach Johnson pick for the Ryder Cup?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
He has six selections…somebody is going to get their feelings hurt…looks like Burns or Fowler, especially if Thomas makes the team…guys like Finau, DJ, and Reed are going to get left out…don’t think DeChambeau makes it but he is deserving…the Europeans will field a good team…looking forward to the event…

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Thomas not playing his best golf, but I would take him. He's proven he can compete at a high level in these pressure-packed environments. This year especially as they are on European turf. I also would take Finau.

Europeans no pushover with Rahm, Hoviland, Fitzpatrick and Fleetwood in the mix now moving forward.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Thomas not playing his best golf, but I would take him. He's proven he can compete at a high level in these pressure-packed environments. This year especially as they are on European turf. I also would take Finau.

Europeans no pushover with Rahm, Hoviland, Fitzpatrick and Fleetwood in the mix now moving forward.

Sorry but Finau is going backwards…he really is struggling

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Picks will be made tomorrow…wonder if JT will make the team…I don’t think he should but I think Johnson will select him…there will be an all out war if he doesn’t select BK..

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
BK
Speith
Thomas
Morikawa
Fowler
Burns

I think that these 6 will be the captain’s picks…I don’t understand why Glover doesn’t get more love…Young and Bradley on the outside looking in…

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Thought Spieth was a questionable pick as well. He’s gonna have to be paired with someone who can putt
Spieth and Thomas both not on top of their games right now. They are a tough pairing though in these events. I am sure that is why they were both picked.

Would have loved to have seen Keegan's fire and tenacity over on foreign soil. He killed it with Phil and was pumped up the whole time.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
This is definitely not the best team the USA could field…Speith and Thomas are questionable picks…but everyone knew that Zach Johnson was going to choose them over DeChambeau, Bradley,and Glover…Give me the top guys who are playing well and who are in form…I believe that Zach has weakened the team…but good luck to the USA team although I’m tempted to place a wager on the Europeans…

Probably won’t but tempted…lol

mr merlin

EOG Master
This is definitely not the best team the USA could field…Speith and Thomas are questionable picks…but everyone knew that Zach Johnson was going to choose them over DeChambeau, Bradley,and Glover…Give me the top guys who are playing well and who are in form…I believe that Zach has weakened the team…but good luck to the USA team although I’m tempted to place a wager on the Europeans…

Probably won’t but tempted…lol
This is what happens when you pick guys based on friendship and media popularity, give me a break - Thomas on the ryder cup team, it's a joke. spieth prob shouldn't be there, does Fowler really deserve it just because he's been better for the last 2 months after sucking for years?

The LIV guys should form their own team and force their way onto the course.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Not to sound unpatriotic but this team is bullshit as far as the selections go. I got beer drinking buddies that golf, but I’m not picking them for battle.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Not to sound unpatriotic but this team is bullshit as far as the selections go. I got beer drinking buddies that golf, but I’m not picking them for battle.
it shows zach johnson is not the right man to be captain, that his priority is not winning. The US will prob still win because the euro team will suck too without LIV guys.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
it shows zach johnson is not the right man to be captain, that his priority is not winning. The US will prob still win because the euro team will suck too without LIV guys.

No European LIV players deserve to be on their team this year..all are playing lousy…

mr merlin

EOG Master
The worst pick was Thomas by far, how bad do you need to play to stay off the team? To me you cant let fowler on either - he's been playing better for 2-3 months, if that's your criteria then lucas glover deserves it as well.

A couple weeks before the playoffs thomas was out of the fed -ex, he came to the 3 M open here in MN(a tourney he never goes to) and missed the cut on an easy course with a incredibly weak field.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
I am the biggest JT(hope he is the hero somehow) fan but horrible selection. Keegan should punch Zack in the face when he sees him next.

Burns also questionable pick, I am ok with Fowler.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Johnson never, ever considered DeChambeau or Glover…what a mutt…Bradley had a shot but he really isn’t one of the good old boys…

mr merlin

EOG Master
I have no issues with anyone who thought Bradley should have been on the team….same with Glover…
I dont think glover deserved it because getting hot for a month doesn't cut it in my book. Which is why Rickey doesn't deserve it either - has has 2 hot months. The sad truth is johnson picked the guys who are media darlings - which is his decision , but it's not how you win a ryder cup.

IMO bradley deserved it more than either fowler, speith or thomas.

I'm sure he didn't want koepka on the team either, the major win forced his hand, which once again shows he's the wrong man for the job of captain.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fred Couples said the reason Bradley was left off the team is because he's not "tight" with the younger guys, apparently the fact that speith, fowler and thomas are close friends means they're going to play great as team mates, LOL.

Homa is a close friend with sheffler too.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
European Captain passed on Meronk who has played extremely well this year and owns a win on the Italian course that the Ryder Cup is on….baffling decision….