Whoever made the EOG trade took SBR

Re: Whoever made the EOG trade took SBR

Who do you recommend Jimmy or do you care?? Would you want me to send my money to SBG or maybe BetUS or I know, maybe Oddsmaker?? They are all sponsors right? One of those books even scammed the owner of this site! Should I send my money to that one?

Tony, SBR has about 30. Mo can tell you I stopped working there in Feb but thats what it was then. Now I get to play poster in my free time. Like you. :houra

Hey tony, since eog has its paid posting group in place I have an idea. Why dont we(EOG and SBR) set the "Who's on" the website timers to the same as theRx? Then we can all see the real progress EOG is making or lack thereof in real time vs SBR and theRx? Lets see how strong you guys believe in this paid poster stradegy.

John I was at dinner...sorry for the delay. We can set the timers to whatever you want for all I care.

I like you, am just a poster in my spare time. You and I are very similar we have nothing to do with the day to day operations of these sites.

Our opinions mean nothing...12io4j2w90

Oh thank God you are back. I was getting rode hard and put up wet.

Maybe I'll just PM you. I guess I was a little out of place here talking about this, in hindsight.

Now the gloves have come off get'em Tony:pop: :pop:

70ut...there is no fight. It's obvious to me, John is a good sport and there are no sour grapes...he's not over here blasting anybody. He could careless.
He enjoys posting at EOG and now that he is retired no one can tell him where to post anymore.:+waving-5

Hmm ok.

Actually, I never meant to post on the main forum. In fairness to me, LOL, this thread was in the Dump and somehow was moved back at some point. You can move it back if you want. Jimmy is saying Im getting free advertising when it was the mods that moved this out of the Dump back to the Main. Does a brother ever get a frigging break around here??

TheRx is set at 2 hours. If both the EOG and SBR set theirs the same we would know at a glance how good our staffs are doing generating traffic relative to the other sites. Thats what I'm suggesting.

There is more to these forums then traffic anyway. Anyone can create traffic or manipulate the numbers. What about the quality of the sites? How can we objectively measure that across the forums?

If it were up to me, we'd all set them to 1 hour to make it harder (and basically useless) for anyone to skew the numbers

It seems busier across the street in the early AM because there are more European posters.

Actually Reload, Jman correct me if Im wrong, its very difficult too skew the VB timer numbers if not impossible. They can be double checked by cross referencing the Whos On list and many other ways. Or someone could just log out and see if they are still counted in 2 hrs and a minute. Someone trying to manipulate it would get caught im reasonably sure of that.

I said 2 hours because the Rx has used that for like 10 years and its a good standard. I think both sites look silly to have 2000 supposedly in the main forum at 5am when its probably closer to 30. In the middle of the night the Rx has around 60 for example.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Hey John, how's retired life treating ya? A lot of us definitely miss you over at SBR. Anyways, who do you like for tomorrow in MLB? Any bargains on the card that you see bud?

Actually Reload, Jman correct me if Im wrong, its very difficult too skew the VB timer numbers if not impossible. They can be double checked by cross referencing the Whos On list and many other ways. Or someone could just log out and see if they are still counted in 2 hrs and a minute. Someone trying to manipulate it would get caught im reasonably sure of that.

I said 2 hours because the Rx has used that for like 10 years and its a good standard. I think both sites look silly to have 2000 supposedly in the main forum at 5am when its probably closer to 30. In the middle of the night the Rx has around 60 for example.

IT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME.....JOHN.

TALK TO THE SHRINK WHEN YOU ARE IN COSTA RICA...I THINK HE IS THERE UNTIL TUEDAY.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Journey calls BS but has no opinion. Amazing. Final call? You can do this Jman... Would you like to see the counters set the same at EOG, Rx and SBR? This is not a trick question. You have been around the longestttt - I know you have an opinionnn, dont hide it. :)

quote]

My opinion on the 2 hour window.....obviously we're not where the Rx is at this point

In my opinion EOG is changing for the good and is making up some ground, I believe Ken has made some excellent moves of late and reshuffling his deck to fit where his forum is 'at this point' in time.

It's easy to have a two hour window if you are the Rx, which use to be longer (by the way) It's been two hours for probably 4 years now.

I don't think anyone is being fooled when it shows '2000 people viewing' the site at 5 AM, that is my opinion...EOG is NOT at the point it needs to be but is in a good position now to make up ground and has the players to make it happen....all of this is subjective to a different climate then we were accustomed to prior to Jan 07.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Rx window was more than 2 hours prior to 2004, I'm not 100% certain but think it was at least 3 hours ..I know for a while it was higher than 2 hours.

Apple

Banned

Let's not forget EOG is still in transition mode after losing Gen and Dirt.

EOG might not be as popular as theRx or have more traffic then SBR but it sure is a lot busier now then it was a month ago and no one can argue EOG's upside considering the new posters that have arrived. We can argue all day and night who's got more this and who's got more that, but in the end EOG has improved it's position from that of a month ago and thats really all that matters.

RPM

EOG Veteran

Free advertising?? Uh Jimmy, you guys and the paid posters are the ones starting all these threads and 90% of the posts in them are eog paid posters!!!! Geez give a brother a break.

Journey calls BS but has no opinion. Amazing. Final call? You can do this Jman... Would you like to see the counters set the same at EOG, Rx and SBR? This is not a trick question. You have been around the longestttt - I know you have an opinionnn, dont hide it. :)

Jimmy - no opinion but at least didnt steer me towards SBG. Thanks Jim
Gyno was nice but he apparently had no opinion either.
The others had no opinion. Shocking really. Such an easy going and legit forum question. Of course the mgmt will make the final call but is anyone allowed to have a frigging opinion on if this is a good idea???

john,

i would hate to see you have to spend an entire two hours signing on and off with your ghosts. i'm sure you have better things to do than that.

RPM you could learn a little from Journey and Gyno. You dont always have to be an ass and a ass kisser. Maybe try them one at a time.

OK, thanks Journey. I appreciate the honest opinion. I agree the EOG is making progress. A true counter would verify that. I have a feeling you would be FOR having all the sites set the same. As you said and I agree, it makes no sense to show 2000 people on the forum when there is really 150.

Tony I will look around for Shrink in CR come Monday. You guys enjoy your weekend.

RPM

EOG Veteran

RPM you could learn a little from Journey and Gyno. You dont always have to be an ass and a ass kisser. Maybe try them one at a time.

OK, thanks Journey. I appreciate the honest opinion. I agree the EOG is making progress. A true counter would verify that. I have a feeling you would be FOR having all the sites set the same. As you said and I agree, it makes no sense to show 2000 people on the forum when there is really 150.

Tony I will look around for Shrink in CR come Monday. You guys enjoy your weekend.

ouch. that last post i made about the ghosts must have really hit home, huh john....

john,

i would hate to see you have to spend an entire two hours signing on and off with your ghosts. i'm sure you have better things to do than that.

I knew they were ghosts at SBR when they put me on vacation. SBR John still avoids to answer a simple question I asked him. He is very good in avoiding Glenn Danzig and Journeyman. I am losing my patience here. Why doesn't he respond to me? Is he holier than thou?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Lets all act like adults here. SBR John is a good guy, Mofo, jman, gyno, are all good guys. No reason to bitch and moan over stupid stuff. both sites SBR and EOG are fun. I myself will be posting at both.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

For the most part nobody cares who's getting paid or not. We can figure it out, not like new employees are hard to spot. The concern is when a site is deceitful about something this inconsequential, what's going to happen on the important issues? The truth works just as well as a lie, not sure why it isn't used more often.

RPM

EOG Veteran

For the most part nobody cares who's getting paid or not. We can figure it out, not like new employees are hard to spot. The concern is when a site is deceitful about something this inconsequential, what's going to happen on the important issues? The truth works just as well as a lie, not sure why it isn't used more often.

if an important issue comes up, we'll blame it on a retarded nephew or something. :D :LMAO

Journeyman

EOG Master

if an important issue comes up, we'll blame it on a retarded nephew or something. :D :LMAO

I forgot about this long running feud....wow old times :devil: :devil:

No love loss here.2348ji23e

mofome

Banned

12io4j2w90

RPM

EOG Veteran

i just wanted to take this opportunity to appologize to patrick mcirish. i hear he got his feelings hurt over this one and he's posting mean things about me on other sites.

im sorry buddy. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings. post an address and i'll send you a box of tissues.

btw pat, if you'd like to challenge me to an iq test, you'd lose.... badly. your "nephew" would have a better shot at beating me than you would.

mofome

Banned

None of the guys i work with here like PM? He and i have trashed each other unmercifully, but i like the guy. he says what he thinks, knows sports, and entertains when he is around. hes also been a bud off the boards.

12io4j2w90

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

None of the guys i work with here like PM? He and i have trashed each other unmercifully, but i like the guy. he says what he thinks, knows sports, and entertains when he is around. hes also been a bud off the boards.

Very ballsy Mo, hope you don't get in trouble for it. For the record I have no problem with anyone, couldn't tell you who most of these folks are, however when attacked I'm usually childish enough to return fire as time permits. I understand the dynamics, most these paid employees are just trying to show Ken how much they appreciate their job. Forum bottomfeeders have been around as long as there's been forums, I know how to deal with them. Anyway thanks man, takes a set to be pro-PM in these parts, LOL!

12io4j2w90 12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

Very ballsy Mo, hope you don't get in trouble for it. For the record I have no problem with anyone, couldn't tell you who most of these folks are, however when attacked I'm usually childish enough to return fire as time permits. I understand the dynamics, most these paid employees are just trying to show Ken how much they appreciate their job. Forum bottomfeeders have been around as long as there's been forums, I know how to deal with them. Anyway thanks man, takes a set to be pro-PM in these parts, LOL!

Not ballsy at all. I think what i think and thats it. People can say what they will about me, but im not going to suddenly hate a guy because other people don't like him. ive had problems with you, ive had problems with ken, you guys have had problems with each other...so what. We live, we learn, we have some fun, and we move on. Im much more concerned with today and tomorrow than i am whats happened in the past. We'll change what we can and i'll always speak honestly of those who have been good to me. Just because we work together i don't think it means we each have to have the same top 10 forum posters of all time. I hope you post here more just like when i was at other sites i wanted you to post there. you bring something to the boards and its more enjoyable when you're doing your thing. Ken knows im honest about things and i think he brought me in expecting to have some differences of opinions and we'll bounce things off each other. he is obviously the boss, im just a regular guy who likes these boards, likes a lot of the people, and wants to make this site as good as possible.

12io4j2w90

Journeyman

EOG Master

12io4j2w90

I have always liked McIrish, well not always but pretty much and have never been afraid to say so.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I hope you post here more just like when i was at other sites i wanted you to post there. you bring something to the boards and its more enjoyable when you're doing your thing.

You might want to check with your boss on that one Mo, LOL, don't think he likes me around here too much. That said I do appreciate the words from you and JMan. I prefer to be decent to everyone, if you let me that's the path I take. That's the very reason I cleared the past with Raiders not long ago, or thought I had. The minute he was offered money to post over here he began going right after me all over again, he knew Ken wanted him to do that. Maybe I should realize most have more heart than he does but it still sort of surprises me when someone from this site refuses to go after me. How JMan has done it since arriving is impressive, I have to say, most are going to do exactly what Raiders did. I respect that in both of you, hope it lasts when the pressure rises.

mofome

Banned

You might want to check with your boss on that one Mo, LOL, don't think he likes me around here too much. That said I do appreciate the words from you and JMan. I prefer to be decent to everyone, if you let me that's the path I take. That's the very reason I cleared the past with Raiders not long ago, or thought I had. The minute he was offered money to post over here he began going right after me all over again, he knew Ken wanted him to do that. Maybe I should realize most have more heart than he does but it still sort of surprises me when someone from this site refuses to go after me. How JMan has done it since arriving is impressive, I have to say, most are going to do exactly what Raiders did. I respect that in both of you, hope it lasts when the pressure rises.

I've talked with Ken many times and he's never asked me to say anything negative about you and i think he's ranked you up there in his top posters in the past. I'm not sure about the latter part, but i don't think he minds you being here. The bossman has not asked me to do anything but be myself since ive come over. Hopefully things continue smoothly.

12io4j2w90

Journeyman

EOG Master

I've talked with Ken many times and he's never asked me to say anything negative about you and i think he's ranked you up there in his top posters in the past. I'm not sure about the latter part, but i don't think he minds you being here. The bossman has not asked me to do anything but be myself since ive come over. Hopefully things continue smoothly.

12io4j2w90

Shrink knows his players, the guy is a master of psychology literally, this is all a strategic game to him that he has obviously played well over the years(understatement) I understand him...and he understands me, and like he said to me two days ago "Jman I hate making a suggestion to you because when i do you do the opposite" ...and that sums it up, he like a player who's always working the ref trying to get the slightest edge, relentless and somewhat obsessive, but you can't argue with the results.....we're really seeing a different Shrink these days, he has mellowed, it kind of annoys me at times he won't mix it up like he use to, when he certainly has the right to.

SBR John took a few cheap shots and was insinuating he had a better idea how to run a posting forum and Shrink once again took the high road, I think he bought a house on that road..

:pop: