Why Conservatives Hate Green Jobs

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Mything in action
Why conservatives hate green jobs

Posted by Joseph Romm (Guest Contributor) at 1:35 PM on 26 Mar 2009

This post will debunk "7 Myths About Green Jobs" and the longer version, Green Jobs Myths . The internal inconsistencies and general illogic of these articles are staggering: Progressives will be quoting from them in defense of our positions for years to come (see debunking of Myth 6).

These two articles survey and critique the green jobs literature, including a Center for American Progress (CAP) report on Green Recovery. The authors write, "the CAP report is the product of left-leaning think tanks (sic) in Washington, D.C." They note CAP is "headed by former Clinton Administration member John Podesta ... who served as co-chair of the Obama transition team."

So it is only fair to note that the myth articles were "produced with support from the Institute for Energy Research," which itself "has received $307,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998." The President of IER is Robert Bradley "who previously served as Director of Public Policy Analysis at Enron, where he was a speechwriter for CEO Kenneth Lay," who was "convicted on fraud and conspiracy charges" on May 25, 2006.

'Nuff said on that.

The green jobs imperative rests on three legs:

*Action on global warming is inevitable, so countries that act first will reap a competitive advantage.

* We import several hundred billion of dollars of oil each year, so replacing that oil with home-grown energy and home-made technology has multiple economic benefits, including job creation.

* In the near future, the only jobs left will be green. That is because our current system of production is unsustainable -- it will destroy a livable climate for the next 1,000 years.

President Obama understands all three of those points, as he has made clear in two recent speeches:

"We can let the jobs of tomorrow be created abroad, or we can create those jobs right here in America and lay the foundation for our lasting prosperity."

"We can remain the world's leading importer of foreign oil or we can become the world's leading exporter of renewable energy. We can allow climate change to wreak unnatural havoc or we can create jobs preventing its worst effects."

Conservatives hate the notion of green jobs because their entire anti-science, anti-climate, anti-environment message is built around the (false) notion of a trade-off between reducing pollution and jobs. ............(more)

The complete piece is at: http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2009/3/26/10313/6631

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Why Conservatives Hate Green Jobs

The Hard Core Mental Midgets that make up the Party that no longer is a
part of the American Landscape hates Green Jobs

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

ran into a few and Joey C is right at the top of the list and how
shocking that is ...

There are now hundreds of well respected scientists who dispute the current scientific data that man has caused the so called "global warming" problem.

Doc - this looks like another power grab by the elitists to try and control something they cannot do anything about anyway. More government control over our lives.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

More government control over our lives.

During one of Rush Limbaugh's radio broadcasts last week, Rush was talking about how he fully expects Barack Obama to start a "Green Gestapo."

One of the tactics he cited them using was to fly spy planes and helicopters over peoples' homes and scan them with radar sensors, which can let them know how much energy these homes are using, and which ones are in violation of energy use regulations.

Then the home owners in violation will be raided and busted.

Let the Munchkin Man make one thing perfectly clear.

Nobody is going to dictate to the Munchkin Man where the Munchkin Man can and cannot set the Munchkin Man's own thermostat.

If the Munchkin Man has to go to jail in order to defend the Munchkin Man's freedom to determine the Munchkin Man's own personal home energy usage, then so be it.

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated

During one of Rush Limbaugh's radio broadcasts last week, Rush was talking about how he fully expects Barack Obama to start a "Green Gestapo."

One of the tactics he cited them using was to fly spy planes and helicopters over peoples' homes and scan them with radar sensors, which can let them know how much energy these homes are using, and which ones are in violation of energy use regulations.

Then the home owners in violation will be raided and busted.

Let the Munchkin Man make one thing perfectly clear.

Nobody is going to dictate to the Munchkin Man where the Munchkin Man can and cannot set the Munchkin Man's own thermostat.

If the Munchkin Man has to go to jail in order to defend the Munchkin Man's freedom to determine the Munchkin Man's own personal home energy usage, then so be it.

Munchkin Man

Now instead of fear he is selling the green gestapo??:LMAO:LMAO
This reminds me when i was a kid and all the farmers started the ''mo mo the corn monster'' tale to keep all the kids out of their corn fields.Unreal !!

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Now instead of fear he is selling the green gestapo??:LMAO:LMAO
This reminds me when i was a kid and all the farmers started the ''mo mo the corn monster'' tale to keep all the kids out of their corn fields.Unreal !!

Maybe you'll stop laughing if the Obama Greenshirts come knocking on YOUR door.

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated

Maybe you'll stop laughing if the Obama Greenshirts come knocking on YOUR door.

Munchkin Man

When i built my new house i put in a geo thermal unit since i live in the country and propane gas is very expensive but i'll have the duct tape ready in case they come.:LMAO

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Yes, this is why

Solyndra, a Silicon Valley solar-panel maker that won half a billion dollars in federal aid to build a state-of-the-art robotic factory, plans to announce on Wednesday that it will shut down an older plant and lay off workers

Just seven weeks ago, Solyndra opened Fab 2, a $733 million factory in Fremont, Calif., to make its high-tech solar panels.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/03/business/energy-environment/03solar.html?src=mv&ref=business