Why do "good" players go off on "donks" even when they take the donks chips or cash?

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated
I see this all the time online. Do these "good" players really want these poor players to play better?

It makes more sense to rather go up against a poor players inferior cards, of course. But I just seen a guy go off on a "bad" player because he made a dumb call- even though he took his cash. :doh1

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: Why do "good" players go off on "donks" even when they take the donks chips or cash?

i agree 100%

i used to play a home game with a player that was a good poker player IMO that would berate the bad players all the time and after the game one night i asked him if he liked money.

if you dont have fish in the game its hard to make a profit

you need dead money and if they win once in awhile just smile and play the next hand.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Why do "good" players go off on "donks" even when they take the donks chips or cash?

roflmao

You're 100% right, Jshop. I've done this before (not that I consider myself good) where a donk does something completely asinine, and wins the hand. I've been so pissed off that I've gone nuts on the guy. I was even barred from using chat for a month back when I used to play on PokerStars.

It's wrong and realize that, but sometimes you just can't help it.

zolika38

EOG Member

since Russian donks can reach the online poker rooms good players are in "danger". you cannot play against them. They always play "camicaze all ins".

zolika38

EOG Member

I always leave cash game tables when Russians join it.

1rst1out

EOG Member

donk money is good money they will win some crazy hands once in a while but buy the end of the night they will lose it all:LMAO

i love donks :D bring them onnnnn

VicK

EOG Enthusiast

When the donkeys play their trash and lose I usually laugh at them while I :btj:

newport2

EOG Dedicated

If you criticize and berate poor players, you are the donk.

Vance

EOG Senior Member

you never push away bad players or berate them.....bad money

What pisses me off is when they tell you they were ahead in the hand when they never were till they spike on the river with a 2 or 3 outer. Worst part is they can't understand what u are telling them.

slyone66

EOG Master

i don't care who it is. it's poker i play to win.....

mobetter

EOG Addicted

donks are how u make money

Rctt03

EOG Senior Member

I'm mostly a tourny player so I hate it when people do retarded shit. I also hate the guy who just pushes all in. No other moves just all in over and over again.

babyfaceatl

EOG Enthusiast

shipitdamdonkeys!12io4j2w90

smokey72

EOG Member

i just laugh at them and say suchislife, and try to enjoy and havd fun , but i find i enjot private toury as i have a great time playing them

01TheDude

EOG Member

sometimes if they initiate the chatter, it is difficult not to tell them what ginormous goofballs they are. If you ever play in free rolls, you will find a ton of these players along with a ton of experts who are there to tell you how great they are and how lousy you play. It's kind of ironic to see someone call anyone a donk in a free roll. By it's very nature, almost all players in a free roll are fish/donks.

it is almost as funny as the players claiming the sites are rigged

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Better to forget about them and just laugh at them every time you hear about them. a[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]good player must have a[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]good fight.[/FONT]

I just turn off the chat and play my game. I'll let the cards intimidate me, not the donk players.

kevsf1980

EOG Enthusiast

It happens all the time, don't worry about it so much, just cash in.

Hornolocus

EOG Member

its good to keep fish interested and satisfied sometimes

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

many times the ones calling others donks are donks themselves

stargazer

EOG Member

strangely donks can be just as dangerous as good players. I've seen guys that may have only played a couple of times win good pots against great players. In other words it doesn't help to re raise some guy who is to dumb to fold. A dumb player who is catching cards will always beat a good player with a cold deck.