WHY DO SPORTS BOOKS USUALLY LIE ABOUT???

Who do Offshore sports books usually LIE about their years in business offshore?

Don't they realize that this can be easily verified and tracked down?

Another red flag is claiming that each account is insured up to 100k, bla bla bla...

In an UNREGULATED INDUSTRY, how in the world can they make such a ridiculous claim and more importantly, why do some gamblers believe them?

Lastly, please be careful with how much money you keep offshore as I believe the bubble is about to burst on a couple of sports books...

If anyone is being SLOW PAID by an operator, let others know so we can become an even more important platform for gamblers to use when deciding which sports books to use...

There is POWER IN NUMBERS...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

FadeThis1

EOG Member
I asked one book to document how they came up with the years. They said it was adding up the experience of the three top managers, who were all with different books :+signs11-

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
Same reason Scamdicappers lie about their record being 70% or 80% - some people will believe them. People don't know how to verify their claims.

I'm hearing this more and more on the local ESPN radio show - Monday night there were continuous ads from 800#'s where you could get the sure winners to MNF followed by ads from BoDog, etc. who would be happy to take your guaranteed bet and pay you with a smile.

There's a big market out there and they only have to get a small percentage of fools.

JC

EOG Veteran
Why do "watchdogs" including this one put up with it.

One of the first things anyone should check when they are taking on an advertiser is their web site. Are they giving out misleading information?

RPM

EOG Veteran
JC said:
Why do "watchdogs" including this one put up with it.

One of the first things anyone should check when they are taking on an advertiser is their web site. Are they giving out misleading information?

Jc,

After talking to you and shrink about this, i agree that we need to be more proactive in letting our advertisers know this is not acceptable. I use to look at it as sort of a "little white lie" that everyone did, but little lies turn into big lies, and we really should let them know we will hold them to higher standards.

Johnny Handsome

EOG Enthusiast
They lie because the public perception is the longer a company has been in business the more stable they are. Doesn't matter what type of business you are talking about.

RPM said:
Jc,

After talking to you and shrink about this, i agree that we need to be more proactive in letting our advertisers know this is not acceptable. I use to look at it as sort of a "little white lie" that everyone did, but little lies turn into big lies, and we really should let them know we will hold them to higher standards.

Well said RPM...

I totaly agree and I knew all along that TOW hasn't been in business since 1992 either...:D

dirty

EOG Master
Toothpick said:
Still awaiting your answer on this Mr. Shrink.

Who Are the 2 Books...Your Guess is as good as mine

you want to know the 2 books why don't you tell us the 2 books..it is easier to sling sh1t than to actually make it stick:+hitting-

THE SHRINK said:
Lastly, please be careful with how much money you keep offshore as I believe the bubble is about to burst on a couple of sports books...

If anyone is being SLOW PAID by an operator, let others know so we can become an even more important platform for gamblers to use when deciding which sports books to use...

There is POWER IN NUMBERS...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Shrink with ALL due respect I don't understand why someone like YOU would make those comments and YET, NOT let the players know which books you are talking about. I mean, If YOU claim to be a Watchdog in this industry, IMO it is your job to notify US players in order for us to make ends meet. IF I have money in one of those books and they go under and so does my money, it will be very hard for me to forgive the fact that I could have avoided such situation just by reading your posts......JMHO

Thanks and please NO pun intended just a little surprise by your post...

OB

OB,

I think you misinterpreted my statement. I never said I knew which two sports books are in trouble. I suspect at least that many are, given the results I am hearing about this season...

If you have followed me for awhile, you would realize I am not gun shy about blowing the whistle if I have to...

Just look for common signs at this time of year, with the most blatant one being slow paying...

THE SHRINK