Will Becky Hammon ever become a head coach in the NBA?

Valuist

EOG Master
She already has interviews set up with a few teams….

Purely for wokeism. It's one thing to be an assistant coach. If the players don't respect the head coach, they've lost the locker room. A team would have to be out of their mind to do it. Not that there is a shortage of stupidity. Maybe someone will do it. But they will regret it.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
I disagree with this.

With a couple of exceptions, (Pop being one) the head coach in the NBA is already nothing more than a figurehead. She would just join the club,

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.

Becky Hammon led the Spurs to an NBA Summer League title in 2015.

Feels like Popovich's plan all along was to introduce Hammon to coaching (she conveniently played with the San Antonio Stars in the WNBA) and then hand over the reins to her upon his retirement.

Tim Duncan left the Spurs coaching staff in late 2020.

1623593982394.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I credit Hammon for her WNBA playing career.

She transformed herself into an All-Star after going undrafted in 1999.

Did it help her career profile that she was white and attractive and playing in New York?

Yes, yes and yes.

1623594238818.png

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
It would be some dilemma for the "woke" crowd if a Latrell Sprewell type choked her out during a practice. who would they side with?

Valuist

EOG Master
I credit Hammon for her WNBA playing career.

She transformed herself into an All-Star after going undrafted in 1999.

Did it help her career profile that she was white and attractive and playing in New York?

Yes, yes and yes.
Is she gay or straight? If she's straight, there could be potential huge conflicts of interest issues with players.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Is she gay or straight? If she's straight, there could be potential huge conflicts of interest issues with players.

Really? Like this really had to be asked? No official word on it but there is this............and I think we'd be more shocked if she wasn't this way than if she is

railbird

EOG Master

1 Timothy 2:12 — King James Version (KJV 1900)​

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Really? Like this really had to be asked? No official word on it but there is this............and I think we'd be more shocked if she wasn't this way than if she is

Sure does, besides it's gay pride month.

Purely for wokeism. It's one thing to be an assistant coach. If the players don't respect the head coach, they've lost the locker room. A team would have to be out of their mind to do it. Not that there is a shortage of stupidity. Maybe someone will do it. But they will regret it.

So its fine for men to coach women's teams, but the moment you reverse the situation its unacceptable???

Valuist

EOG Master

I barely follow the NBA games for their results. I definitely don't follow their personal lives.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
alpha males are NOT going to listen to a women.

she is benefiting by having POP looking over her right now.

this is going to happen because their is going to be a backdoor deal for a team to sign her.

maybe another frozen envelope situation.

this is too woke of an idea.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
So its fine for men to coach women's teams, but the moment you reverse the situation its unacceptable???
women look at a male as a father figure.

a guy doesn't look up to a women for life advise. if that was the case all these single parent homes would better results.

men need to be led by other men.

it's science.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If you are the athletic director at a Power 5 conference school,. would you hire a woman to be the men's basketball coach?

NFC

No
Darn
Chance

No way someone like Zion, LeBron (if he went to college) or any big name is gonna come play for my school with a female HC. NONE!

If you are the athletic director at a Power 5 conference school,. would you hire a woman to be the men's basketball coach?
College and NBA are no comparable. Best coaches that motivate young men are men of course. The one who goes into a kids house to talk to his parents about making sure his kid stays on the right path is a man. I don't argue that. But the NBA is full of straight up idiots coaching, very few are as good as college coaches. These guys are like HR directors trying to figure out who gets what out of the pie. A woman can do that better than a man in many instances.

So tell me, do you think NBA players get "coaching" from Rivers or Lue, just to name two? I don't think they get shit other than a buddy who will tell them how to handle their women problems. A coach is supposed to be a boss and you aren't going to always like your boss. This hiring for players coaches is a joke. These teams that do it have no one to blame but themselves for not winning.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm waiting for a team to hire a ten-person committee to serve as head coach.

You know, a white guy, a black guy, a Hispanic guy, an Asian guy, a white woman, a black woman, a Hispanic woman, an Asian woman, a gay guy and a gay woman.

Have I missed anyone?

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Past four seasons for San Antonio

Missed playoffs last two seasons.

Knocked out in first round twice.

4 playoff wins past four seasons.

Four mediocre years. Not deserving of even an interview.

Pop should fire her and all of his assistants.

Valuist

EOG Master
alpha males are NOT going to listen to a women.

she is benefiting by having POP looking over her right now.

this is going to happen because their is going to be a backdoor deal for a team to sign her.

maybe another frozen envelope situation.

this is too woke of an idea.

This ^^

Just imagine a woman head coach telling Lebron in the huddle that he's strictly going to be a decoy. How does one think that will go over?

And I'm sure someone will compare it to the regular working world. I've had a female boss before. Had no issue with it. But one cannot compare a regular job with the alpha male world of professional sports.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This ^^

Just imagine a woman head coach telling Lebron in the huddle that he's strictly going to be a decoy. How does one think that will go over?

And I'm sure someone will compare it to the regular working world. I've had a female boss before. Had no issue with it. But one cannot compare a regular job with the alpha male world of professional sports.
Tre difference with her as the coach/boss is every important player makes more than her.

Valuist

EOG Master
College and NBA are no comparable. Best coaches that motivate young men are men of course. The one who goes into a kids house to talk to his parents about making sure his kid stays on the right path is a man. I don't argue that. But the NBA is full of straight up idiots coaching, very few are as good as college coaches. These guys are like HR directors trying to figure out who gets what out of the pie. A woman can do that better than a man in many instances.

So tell me, do you think NBA players get "coaching" from Rivers or Lue, just to name two? I don't think they get shit other than a buddy who will tell them how to handle their women problems. A coach is supposed to be a boss and you aren't going to always like your boss. This hiring for players coaches is a joke. These teams that do it have no one to blame but themselves for not winning.
We all know there is little "coaching" at the NBA level. The head coach is more like an objective advisor. He has the team's best interests at heart. Do the players? Maybe some do, but plenty don't. Plenty are keeping a running personal stat line in their head. They need someone to tell them the best offensive and defensive sets for a given scenario. Who are they more likely to listen to, a Phil Jackson or a woman?

I know all the analytics guys believe some Harvard MBA would make a great coach but players are always going to respect someone who's been there, and done that. At their level.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
We all know there is little "coaching" at the NBA level. The head coach is more like an objective advisor. He has the team's best interests at heart. Do the players? Maybe some do, but plenty don't. Plenty are keeping a running personal stat line in their head. They need someone to tell them the best offensive and defensive sets for a given scenario. Who are they more likely to listen to, a Phil Jackson or a woman?

I know all the analytics guys believe some Harvard MBA would make a great coach but players are always going to respect someone who's been there, and done that. At their level.
Good pt. Phil Jackson was more of a therapist than a x and o guy.

Tex winter was the mastermind of the triangle offense.

Alphas won't give a women a chance

MrTop

EOG Master

if the right woman comes along it will happen. Michelle Howard was a US Navy 4 star admiral . Commander of the USN Europe and USN africa forces.. that would be thousands of men and women under her. Women also held the director of the CIA .. the list goes on. Also look for a woman to take over chase bank when dimon retires.