WNBA 2023

choslamshe

EOG Master
What say you JK? 2023 season kicks off tonight. One of my favorite sports to bet without a doubt. Team turnover reached new hights this past offseason with most teams featuring new stars and lineups.

Liberty the short odds to win the Championship as they welcome Breanna Stewart, Jonquel Jones, and Courtney Vandersloot to share the court with their returning core of Sabrina Ionescu and Betnijah Laney.

Vegas will still be a powerhouse as they kept their roster in tact while adding 2x MVP Candace Parker to the mix. They also added Alysha Clark for some nice "grinder" depth.

The Chicago Sky will enter a transition period after they waved goodbye to Parker, Vandersloot, and Allie Quigley decided to take the year off. They did bring over Courtney Williams from Connecticut and Marina Mabrey from Dallas this offseason. They will feature Dana Evans and Elizabeth Williams in what will arguably be the worst front court in the WNBA this year.

A ton of player movement across all teams - I expect there won't be the greatest parity this year with the top 4-6 teams completely dominating and the bottom 4-6 teams really struggling to compete at all (what else is new).

Looking forward to tip off.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I placed two wagers today.

I like the Washington Mystics +3 over the New York Liberty and the Minnesota Lynx -4.5 over the Chicago Sky.

Love the league.

Instead of posting a preview of all 12 WNBA teams, I will review eight teams tonight after their opening games and the remaining four teams of the 12-team league tomorrow after their session debuts.

Looking forward to a winning season.

Average WNBA over/under looks to be 161 after tonight's four games are pegged at the following totals: 156.5, 162, 162 and 163.5.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
I placed two wagers today.

I like the Washington Mystics +3 over the New York Liberty and the Minnesota Lynx -4.5 over the Chicago Sky.

Love the league.

Instead of posting a preview of all 12 WNBA teams, I will review eight teams tonight after their opening games and the remaining four teams of the 12-team league tomorrow after their session debuts.

Looking forward to a winning season.

Average WNBA over/under looks to be 161 after tonight's four games are pegged at the following totals: 156.5, 162, 162 and 163.5.
Mr Kelly, always enjoy ur breakdowns of the WNBA squads. Is the preview for the 2023 season posted yet ? Thx in advance

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sparks +13 vs aces

This makes absolutely zero sense

The aces were -13 at seattle and now are laying the same number at a much better than Seattle team in the sparks??????

I'll bite

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Played vegas aces -14.5 vs sparks

They were -13.5 at sparks on Thursday. So hc is worth 1 pt? Nope
Home opener. Sparks were lost trying to stop the aces in the 2h as the aces were sleep walking in the 1h.

I see a very energized aces team here.

But the numbers say this should be north of 14.5

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
May 28 Sunday
Indiana +7
Would play til +6. 5 5 is a no play

Dallas Chicago over 161.5
I would play over up to 163
163.5 is a no play

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
May 30
Tues
Chic atl over 160
This is the limit I would play
160.5 is a no play

Indiana +12.5
Would play to +10

Minn +7
Would play to +4

Seattle +15.5
Numbers play here. Vegas was -13.5 at seattle and the liberty isn't 2 pts better than vegas. So is Seattle a point worse and are the liberty a point better than the season started. In my thoughts no. Seattle is slightly better than anticipated and the liberty is who we thought they were.
I would play this to 13.5

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
May 30
Tues
Chic atl over 160
This is the limit I would play
160.5 is a no play

Indiana +12.5
Would play to +10

Minn +7
Would play to +4

Seattle +15.5
Numbers play here. Vegas was -13.5 at seattle and the liberty isn't 2 pts better than vegas. So is Seattle a point worse and are the liberty a point better than the season started. In my thoughts no. Seattle is slightly better than anticipated and the liberty is who we thought they were.
I would play this to 13.5
3-1 night

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Wnba thoughts
Becky Hammons is the most over rated coach in the wnba. When she has little impact with this team they dominate. This happens in the first half of games when they run and run and their superior athletes just play.

They go into halves with big double digit leads and simply get outplayed in second halves.

They were up 17 yesterday at the half. Won by 6

This is a normal thing. Aces 1h look to play on em. 2h with a big lead fade em.

Chicago sky head coach James Wade is a set play genius. Warch the final 2 possessions of regulation vs indiana yesterday
First possession he involves all 5 players and gets a complete mismatch with 6'1" guard Kahleah Cooper to score the tying bucket with a layup.

Then the final play to send the game into OT with only 2.1 seconds left he draws up a play that results in Alanna Smith making a layup at the buzzer.

If you can find those clips you'll enjoy the pure basketball IQ of the Sky to execute those two plays perfectly.

choslamshe

EOG Master
June 7
Minn +14.5
Phx +4.5
Both wildly available
Man, i feel for ya with tonight's 4th q from the Mercury.

At this stage of her career, Taurasi is going to destroy her own team most nights. She has to get hers, and yes, every fifth or sixth game she'll hit 30, but tonight is the sad reminder why they're 1-4.

I'm lucky to hit the under.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Man, i feel for ya with tonight's 4th q from the Mercury.

At this stage of her career, Taurasi is going to destroy her own team most nights. She has to get hers, and yes, every fifth or sixth game she'll hit 30, but tonight is the sad reminder why they're 1-4.

I'm lucky to hit the under.
It was quite bad. I played over 82.5 2h so it was a double pain to watch them score 4 pts in the last 7:19 when in the previous 3q they got whatever they wanted.

It happens

I pushed with Chicago their last game which was a miracle so it happens

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
June 8 Thursday
Las vegas -4.5 -110
Widely available

They play focused here after a close call last game.

Then Sunday vs Chicago will be L #1

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
June 15 Thursday
Atlanta +8.
The last meeting had atlanta commit 26 turnovers at home very unusual. Conn doesn't have that type of defense. Too many pts
I'd play to +5.5

Indiana Chicago over 158.5

Seattle +18.5
Wild line. As in insanely too much. This is a mismatch from a player to player standpoint but seattle is going to play hard for 40 minutes. Vegas plays hard for about 25 minutes and that's a coaching issue.
If vegas builds a big 1h lead I'll be on seattle 2h as vegas wont finish off the storm.
Becky Hammons is an awful 2h adjustments coach. Clueless

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
June 18
minnesota +17 -110
widely available

Based on market movement it appears that Griner and Taurasi are playing for Phx today. This will be a 2h play for me depending how they look on the court.