World Baseball Classic

Valuist

EOG Master
Re: World Baseball Classic

Last one tonight boyos. Its baseball so they cant really adjust the line so much that it matters unless they put a 20 spot up. Look at Coors...those games still go over a ton and thse WBC teams have far inferior pitching staffs throwing to superior lineups(at least in Venezeulas case)

But even at Coors, not all Coors games are equal. When the Rockies put the humidor in, books were laughing all the way to the bank as it took the unsuspecting public a long time to realize it wasn't automatic offense there anymore. It's still not clear if it (humidor) is being used, or if it is used only part of the time. It also seems like the final game of the series at Coors sees the strike zone expand. I know that's the case other places, but seems to really be in effect in Denver.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

I dont think its the humidor that changes thing.....like u said its the strike zone. After those crazy 10-8 games the next day umps are usually instructed or they decide on their own to expand the strike zone for next. I figure they most likely decide on their own because they do not want to stand/kneel for 4 hours after a 10-8 game...they just want to get the fuk out of there lol

I dont think its the humidor that changes thing.....like u said its the strike zone. After those crazy 10-8 games the next day umps are usually instructed or they decide on their own to expand the strike zone for next. I figure they most likely decide on their own because they do not want to stand/kneel for 4 hours after a 10-8 game...they just want to get the fuk out of there lol

I think the humidor did make a big difference. Players say it's like hitting a minor league ball compared to the much livelier normal MLB ball.

railbird

EOG Master

pinnacle and 5 dimes have Mexican lines up yr round, I think it more a pitching thing than altititude than given credit for

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

yes its definitely more a pitching vs hitting thing....tremendous difference in the team pitching rosters vs hitting lineups. Especially with the pitch limits it quickly turns into AAA/college ball level pitchers facing mlb and in some cases allstar caliber lineups for many teams

Valuist

EOG Master

I think the humidor did make a big difference. Players say it's like hitting a minor league ball compared to the much livelier normal MLB ball.

I agree; it was a huge difference with they started using it.

Makes sense about the MLB ball being livelier as well. We've seen many hitters improve their power numbers when they get to the majors.

As for the altitude, we see it all the time in Denver. Pitches just don't break in altitude like they should. And it took the Rockies years (actually about two decades) to figure that out.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

It would appear this final game is going the way of getaway day in Coors Field

Valuist

EOG Master

It would appear this final game is going the way of getaway day in Coors Field

Odor is a dog. Did you see that ball he hit in the 9th inning. It wasn't a "no doubt" home run, so he was Cadillacing it out of the box, ball hits off top of the wall, and he ends up with a single on would should've been either a double or possibly a triple. I have a matchup bet taking Daniel Murphy over Odor in hits, home runs and RBIs. No way Odor gets to 33 HRs this year.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

Taking a shot with PR as big dog tonite. Hoping Molina will share some useful tidbits on Martinez (STL teammate) with his PR teammates

Valuist

EOG Master

Taking a shot with PR as big dog tonite. Hoping Molina will share some useful tidbits on Martinez (STL teammate) with his PR teammates

I like under 10 1/2. Big difference going from hitting in Jalisco to hitting at Petco Park.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

Another easy under...this wbc is a goldmine. Oddsmakers cant put the total high enough in Coors Field Mexico and now they are inflated in Petco Park :cheers

yisman

EOG Master

10th inning

stupid rule kicks in with 11th inning, with runners on 1st and 2nd to start the innings :doh1

yisman

EOG Master

can you imagine betting an under and it goes to extra tied 2-2 and then these jackasses start using their retarded rules

let's start every inning with the bases loaded

yisman

EOG Master

probably would've gone 15+ innings but the rule led to the Puerto Ricans winning 4-3 in 11 without getting a hit.

bunt, intentional walk, flyout

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member

Wow! Never heard of this until I read your post yisman and sure enough it just happened in the Holland/PR game.
so the strategy is to bunt the two placed runners over, which Holland did in the top 11th. Then of course the other team intentionally walks the next guy to load the bases with one out. But they then hit into a double play.

Bottom 11 PR bunts the two runners over, receives an international walk and again bases loaded one out but they got the sac fly to win.

That is the least damage that could be done in this format but you are right it could have been a scorefest if Holland had a clutch hit or two and the PR side then has to score more than one. Funny they start this in the 11th, not the first extra inning the 10th? Anyway, thanks for the info and then I got to see it play out.

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member

USA/JAPAN GAME 0-0 in the 4th. Tempted to take the in game revised total over 4.5. Even if it remains a pitchers duel, the 11th inning could force the over.

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member

While debating with myself a run scored in the top of the 4th. Before start of the bottom took over 5.5 +120 small bet for fun.

railbird

EOG Master
every non usa player is saying its means more than MLB world series. Mike Trout says it most fun he has ever had playing baseball