World Series home-field advantage

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dodgers with 104 regular-season wins versus Houston's 101.

Interestingly, the Cubs won 92 games versus the Yanks' 91 wins.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: World Series home-field advantage

Doubt they meet but the Yankees spanked the Cubs 3-straight in Chicago.

I don't like the best record to determine home field. The leagues are so contrary. I wish they'd give WS home field to the league with best interleague record. Yes, I realize the interleague schedule is not round robin but I still think it's a better determination than overall best record.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I don't like the best record to determine home field. The leagues are so contrary. I wish they'd give WS home field to the league with best interleague record. Yes, I realize the interleague schedule is not round robin but I still think it's a better determination than overall best record.

The original plan for home-field advantage to alternate every year between the leagues suddenly looks better than it has in the past.

It was certainly a better idea than the silly All-Star result deciding the home-field advantage in the World Series.

Better regular-season record is okay by me.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This is an insanely bad opinion and I honestly mean no disrespect.

There's no disputing that the AL having the DH and the NL not having the DH is an advantage for the AL in interleague play.

The simple fact that guys like David Ortiz can float around 3 or 4 years after they'd be just about useless in the NL is enough, but there are a lot of other factors that make the AL have a huge advantage in interleague play.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Agree with this.

In no other sport are the rules different for one division vs. another.

MLB needs to either get rid of the DH or institute it league-wide.