Worst Bet Ever?

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
I got on NHL home teams -215 yesterday. I made it -260. All home teams lost, final score 38-18. They lost by 20!

Have you ever had a more embarrassing loss?

stevek173

Banned
Re: Worst Bet Ever?

Pretty sure the question was have YOU had a more embarrassing loss, so no need to be stupid and turn it into a nonsense thread aka "that time all those people bet against Jordan and the Bulls"

Anyway, back to topic instead of being retarded and posting about others just for attention

Two of them - bet the Bills over the Giants in the Super Bowl in high school

Walsh/Ross in their first match vs the Brazilians last Olympics - seemed like a very nice cushion bet - boy was I wrong

Still kind of pissed over that

I don't think you made a bad bet yesterday, just very unlucky

richsox24

EOG Master

I got on NHL home teams -215 yesterday. I made it -260. All home teams lost, final score 38-18. They lost by 20!

I believe there were 5 nhl games yesterday where the line was -170 or higher (all 5 favorites were home teams) and all 5 chalks lost.

railbird

EOG Master

had japan +1.5 -200, swiss only had 1 shot first 27 minutes of the game, 3-1 final

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Pretty sure the question was have YOU had a more embarrassing loss, so no need to be stupid and turn it into a nonsense thread aka "that time all those people bet against Jordan and the Bulls"

Anyway, back to topic instead of being retarded and posting about others just for attention

Two of them - bet the Bills over the Giants in the Super Bowl in high school

Walsh/Ross in their first match vs the Brazilians last Olympics - seemed like a very nice cushion bet - boy was I wrong

Still kind of pissed over that

I don't think you made a bad bet yesterday, just very unlucky

I DID make that season point bet, thanks for the lesson.

I assume you were booted from SBR for good.

stevek173

Banned

Oh ok, well you could've said that.

My forum business is my business and not yours, so stop obsessing yet again. Oh let me guess, you're gonna pretend like you own this forum just like TGF when what's accurate is you having nothing to do all the time but troll gambling sites all day long and pretend you own them.

You earned a small amount of respect from me on the Lederer thing but you just screwed that up. One of the plethora of reasons I am a successful professional poker and you are not is that even though I know that you are arguably the stupidest person I've heard of I chose to give you respect for that correction regardless.

Try studying how to make a decent martini instead of worrying about my life, your Google feedback on said topic is horrid.

And keep your posts correct, which includes spelling.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

I lost a college basketball game last week by 38 points and had two horses quit with their noses on the fair start pole.

After 37 years of this I just laugh.

Voodoo

EOG Addicted

Everyone has a bunch of those. Even the ones who claim they don't.
Sometimes you bet stuff that at the time of click you think it's not even
fair. Those can lose too.

I'm very wary of any bettor who "never loses" or claims to never make a bet that's
dead wrong or loses badly.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I bet the San Diego Chargers +18.5 over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.

Harry Swayne, the left tackle for the Chargers, was quoted before the game saying, "Here's all I know: The man lined up against me is not 18.5 points better than me."

I thought, "Now that's the spirit, give me the Chargers and the boatload of points."

Final score: San Francisco 49 San Diego 26.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Everyone has a bunch of those. Even the ones who claim they don't.
Sometimes you bet stuff that at the time of click you think it's not even
fair. Those can lose too.

I'm very wary of any bettor who "never loses" or claims to never make a bet that's
dead wrong or loses badly.
Like the Blackhawks last night. I forgot to play Arizona, hawks are running so bad right now. I’m guessing Chicago will be a chic service play tonight +180. Frankly, I don’t see it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

This is easy.

Absolutely unloaded on a Series Bet when the Heat played Dallas. What makes it worse, my buddy followed my lead after my declaration, “Their gonna beat their ass like they stole something.” I forget the price, they were obviously favored, but we put down more than we should have. My buddy is very well off so he wasn’t hurt too much by it but he did shake his head at me.

It wasn’t the worst bet because it lost. It was because I didn’t make my own price and bet to my perceived edge (I didn’t know any better). Unfortunately, I suffered from, “2[SUP]nd[/SUP] best hand” syndrome. I was so certain I had the nuts, I (we) didn’t even take into consideration we could lose; that syndrome has cost a lot of people a lot of $ over the years.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Excellent note, GameBred.

I remember the series well.

LeBron and D-Wade were guilty of premature celebration.

Dirk won a ring because Jason Terry and
Tyson Chandler played important co-starring roles.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Ive backed a many bad poker players. I once was asked if Id like to split someone's action for a fairly big omaha 8 or better cash game. The guy was a very formidable limit hold em player. 2 rounds in I pull him aside and ask why he is on tilt and calling every freaking hand?! He then admits he doesn't know the rules of the game but is pretty sure he will turn it around soon lol.

I have tons of blowouts in my past as does everyone. Red ink after the 1st quarter. Only one recently has stuck with me I had FSU over 9 wins-135 in college football. The reason it sticks with me is they reschedule ULM the last week to make a voided ticket a loser. That was a joy. Nothing like the old scheduling trick to cost me 1350.

railbird

EOG Master

My worst bet ever was stefan edberg to win us open, he pulled out of tourney 15 minutes later, book would not refund me.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Excellent note, GameBred.

I remember the series well.

LeBron and D-Wade were guilty of premature celebration.

Dirk won a ring because Jason Terry and
Tyson Chandler played important co-starring roles.

I also remember they were making fun of Dirk, like he was playing up his injury and I was just like, "Why are you doing that?"