Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

alfie

EOG Dedicated

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell indicated on Thursday that media figures overreacted to a recent report that Russian officials placed bounties on the lives of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.
"What I know is that our military commanders on the ground did not think that it was as serious a problem as the newspapers were reporting and television was reporting," Powell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "It got kind of out of control before we really had an understanding of what had happened. I’m not sure we fully understand now."
Powell added that Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command "did not think this was of that level of importance to us.

try to keep up...........

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Keeping an eye on total hospitalizations, if we get to our former peak level of nationwide and hospitalizations like it looks like we will, and we keep deaths to peaking "only" in the 1200-1500 range, that means we've really learned to treat and help more people recover

59,539-peak hospitalizations April 15

27,860 lowest dip since peak June 14

51,798 July 11

alfie

EOG Dedicated
The COMPLETE Colin Powell Interview with Andrea Mitchell. Admits he doesn't know what The Idiot did or did not know about Russian bounties, which pretty much invalidates whatever nonsense Alfie spewed. always necc to go beyond the headlines. And decried the horrible state of foreign affairs of the Idiot's administration:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/retired...bounty-program-it-got-kind-of-out-of-control/

lol, invalidates........i didn't write this.......direct from the interview.. the whole interview was based on what?
talk about spewing bs...........jeeez

blueline

EOG Master
Chuck Woolery...I had no idea....

"Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

In another post Trump retweeted, Woolery claimed there exists “so much evidence, yes scientific evidence, that schools should open this fall. It’s worldwide and it’s overwhelming. BUT NO.”

cheapseats

EOG Master
Keeping an eye on total hospitalizations, if we get to our former peak level of nationwide and hospitalizations like it looks like we will, and we keep deaths to peaking "only" in the 1200-1500 range, that means we've really learned to treat and help more people recover

51,798 July 11
Occupancy goes up because hospitals can't get anybody else in for business, lower the threshold and admit for census, ergo, money.

51,798 July 11
Where are you finding hospitalization stats?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Chuck Woolery...I had no idea....

"Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

In another post Trump retweeted, Woolery claimed there exists “so much evidence, yes scientific evidence, that schools should open this fall. It’s worldwide and it’s overwhelming. BUT NO.”
Chuck was great at saying we'll be back in 2 and 2. Other than that, not much.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Death total already higher than last Monday

This shit is going in the wrong direction

Trumpanzees always attempting to create alternative realities
At 401 now(prob add another 20-30) last week it was 378, cases have now been rising for 5 weeks and yet deaths are less that they were back then. So we've gone from 20K/day to 60K and deaths have not risen a bit, this is just another hoax. Signs that all the hotspot states are peaking on both cases and hospitalizations - deaths will prob tick up a bit then fall rapidly.

It's over..

mr merlin

EOG Master
Occupancy goes up because hospitals can't get anybody else in for business, lower the threshold and admit for census, ergo, money.
Many of the hospitalizations are due to all this testing, people that would never received a test before now get one and find out they're positive. Then they sweat bullets and run to the hospital the first time they cough a few times. it's all fake.

At 401 now(prob add another 20-30) last week it was 378, cases have now been rising for 5 weeks and yet deaths are less that they were back then. So we've gone from 20K/day to 60K and deaths have not risen a bit, this is just another hoax. Signs that all the hotspot states are peaking on both cases and hospitalizations - deaths will prob tick up a bit then fall rapidly.

It's over..

STFU

mr merlin

EOG Master
What's the matter, look at the data, it's all there if you bother to look. Yea hospitalizations are up, yea some of them will die, but it'll be a far lower amt than in NY and NJ, the peak will only last a short while and then it'll be over, just like in the Northeast.

there are no worries, it is all clear with smooth sailing ahead covid wise.

cheapseats

EOG Master
We're screwed in CA. Nancy's nephew, aka Newsoloni, will keep shit locked in some form until there is a vaccine. Then, you think wearing a face wrap starts shit, watch the backlash to get the vaccine.

What's the matter, look at the data, it's all there if you bother to look. Yea hospitalizations are up, yea some of them will die, but it'll be a far lower amt than in NY and NJ, the peak will only last a short while and then it'll be over, just like in the Northeast.

there are no worries, it is all clear with smooth sailing ahead covid wise.

You continue to embarrass yourself with your Covidiocy

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
12th consecutive day with a week over week increase.

Today's Monday total beats the last 4 Monday totals in fact

July 6 - 378
July 13 -465

22% increase, which may be actually a glimmer of good news as pace of increase maybe slowing? Yesterday was 45% increase.

Sun-Sat week of June 28-July 4: 3,632 deaths
Sun-Sat week Of July 5-July 11 5,064 deaths

39.4% increase for that week over week.

July 6 - 378
July 13 -465

22% increase, which may be actually a glimmer of good news as pace of increase maybe slowing? Yesterday was 45% increase.

Thanks you for keeping it real the last few months Archie(y)

Like yourself I was encouraged a while back when things seemed to have peaked. Then places reopened and the madness began in places like AZ where I live. I’ve already lost one friend from Covid and I don’t want to lose any more friends or family. This shit is real and it’s disgusting to see ignorant people try to portray otherwise only because they think it’ll help trumps election chances.

The trumpanzees have often accused non trumpers that they’re rooting for more deaths. That’s absolute bullshit. Ignoring and not acting responsible with a pandemic causes more deaths.

mr merlin

EOG Master

July 6 - 378
July 13 -465

But you weren't praising the success 2 weeks ago, were you? You were fear mongering it then. This bump is very modest, and once the peak occurs , which might be right now, the fall off will be much more rapid, since patients aren't spending 30-40 days in the hospital anymore.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I would say yes. The countries that were ahead of the curve early were islands that could control entry easier. Some countries also restricted traffic into infected cities, something we didn't do.

Yeah I hadn't thought much about islands such as New Zealand, Australia, Cuba ect and how they differ. Beyond the density I would guess level of people coming in from other countries would be a very big factor too.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Thanks you for keeping it real the last few months Archie(y)

Like yourself I was encouraged a while back when things seemed to have peaked. Then places reopened and the madness began in places like AZ where I live. I’ve already lost one friend from Covid and I don’t want to lose any more friends or family. This shit is real and it’s disgusting to see ignorant people try to portray otherwise only because they think it’ll help trumps election chances.

The trumpanzees have often accused non trumpers that they’re rooting for more deaths. That’s absolute bullshit. Ignoring and not acting responsible with a pandemic causes more deaths.

So when the LA mayor announced that they wouldn't be opening until there was a vaccine and kept the beaches and most everything closed, including a mandatory mask policy, it was because they opened too quickly that they're spiking now. Right?

You can keep trying to dismiss this as having something to do with Trump, but that's because you're a habitual liar.

The EVIDENCE is that none of this shit stops this virus. All that it does is delay the inevitable while destroying economies and causing death in other ways. Prolonging this shit is the worst case scenario.

mr merlin

EOG Master
So when the LA mayor announced that they wouldn't be opening until there was a vaccine and kept the beaches and most everything closed, including a mandatory mask policy, it was because they opened too quickly that they're spiking now. Right?

You can keep trying to dismiss this as having something to do with Trump, but that's because you're a habitual liar.

The EVIDENCE is that none of this shit stops this virus. All that it does is delay the inevitable while destroying economies and causing death in other ways. Prolonging this shit is the worst case scenario.
Not to mention when they reopened, EVERYONE said increased mixing would lead to increased cases, now they act like it's a surprise and must be resisted. The best possible scenario to getting past this is getting huge numbers of the population infected(young people and even children) while putting no stress on the medical system.