Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Sure they did, that's why nurses and doctors are dying because they're being forced to use the same masks and gowns every day
60 doctors have died in Italy from lack of protective equipment. No one was ready for this. Did Obama leave enough supplies?

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Who is responsible for ordering hospital stockpiles of medical products for
Emergencies?

feds?....
or the hospitals & states’ emergency management divisions?

kane

EOG master
Emergencies?

feds?....

Who was responsible for giving China 17 tons of our medical supplies?

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
I just posted that 60 doctors died in Italy because of lack of protection. No one was ready.

yes and Fauci was saying this was nothing to worry about on January 26th...
&
so Trump really screwed up...

clearly he should have cancelled the SuperBowl.

Emergencies?

feds?....
Exactly. Too much blame is put on Trump when the governor is in charge of the state. We want the feds as little as possible.

MrTop

EOG Master
  • Feb 26 -- Coronavirus task force briefing: "This is a flu. This is like a flu," Trump repeated. "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
  • March 31 -- Coronavirus task force briefing: President Trump acknowledged for the first time, "it’s not the flu. It’s vicious."

• Feb 26 -- Coronavirus task force briefing: "This is a flu. This is like a flu," Trump repeated. "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
  • March 31 -- Coronavirus task force briefing: President Trump acknowledged for the first time, "it’s not the flu. It’s vicious."

He enacted the Defensive Protection Act normally used for war on March 18. He knew the seriousness.

kane

EOG master
I just posted that 60 doctors died in Italy because of lack of protection. No one was ready.

Trump was warned by his own intelligence agencies in january that the virus would soon be hitting us
Trump disagreed with his own intelligence agencies and didn't think the virus would be a problem
Trump gave China 17 tons of our much needed medical supplies, he didn't think it would be needed
Trump's error has cost American lives, nurses and doctors are dying because the equipment they need was sent to China
America First!

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

One month before your top bullet point...
Fauci was saying the China virus was nada,...

no American should be concerned because he was prepared to control it..

MrTop

EOG Master
A beautiful timeline'
Trump told reporters during the daily press briefing it was his idea -- and not that of his medical experts -- to suggest Easter, which falls on April 12, as a potential date by which the US would again be "raring to go."

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
A beautiful timeline'
Trump told reporters during the daily press briefing it was his idea -- and not that of his medical experts -- to suggest Easter, which falls on April 12, as a potential date by which the US would again be "raring to go."

agree,...

instead of trying to give the market a little boost...

he should have told Americans at that briefing that this virus is going to kill a qtr million in 21 days time.

but guess what?

trump couldn’t force the states to be on lockdown,...doesn’t have the constitutional authority...

how dare he try & be positive at all...

he should’ve acted like Hillary,... they love murder and death in any format..

Should have played a ‘Clinton card’ at that briefing.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
agree,...

he should have told Americans at that briefing that this virus is going to kill a qtr million in 21 days time.

but guess what?

trump couldn’t force the states to be on lockdown,...doesn’t have the constitutional authority...

he should’ve acted like Hillary,... they loved murder and death...
He really needed to be realistic and not positive. I'm not saying go all doom and gloom, but a non-positive message affects the stock market. He still could have been positive to the public, and get the healthcare preparations behind the scenes.

He really needed to be realistic and not positive. I'm not saying go all doom and gloom, but a non-positive message affects the stock market. He still could have been positive to the public, and get the healthcare preparations behind the scenes.
he did. It takes time. They told Trump it would takes months to get a navy hospital ship to NY. Trump said he needs it now and they had it in days.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

I think we saw the signs that he was trying to straddle the lines, and handle the virus without letting the stock market tank. It was an impossible task and in retrospect prob fool hardy as we know the tone set forth was confusing. especially the oval office speach. As such many Americans latched onto the "flu" arguments. I'm sure every social media feed and message board was flooded with those comparisons.

that directly led to countless thousands more getting infected in the early days. We know with the High R naught. that those thousands will lead to millions.

so yeah, a lot of time that partially closing down infiltration from China bought, was later squandered. As it doesn't take long for the exponential growth of even they already infected we had, to get out of control

so hospitals lost time, and we lost time to get supplies starting to be transported and made.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Authored by Steve Watson via Summit News,
A New York hospital executive has been fired after she posted public comments on social media fantasising about how supporters of President Trump would get the coronavirus and not be allowed to get treatment.

Krolczyk, who worked as Western New York Regional Director for Hillary Clinton’s Senate office for 7 years, wrote back that “Trump supporters need to pledge to give up their ventilators for someone else … and not go to the hospital.”

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
16 states 0 or 1 death.

Speak up now. Would you allow these states to stay open?

interesting question.

every state is different. it would depend upon the bordering states as one of many variables.

ultimately the 29 million people or 8% of the US population that reside in those tiny states are going to be the very last in line to get the supplies.

so if i'm governor, yeah I'm being creative with my policies ASAP to buy our people the time to let the Ventilators to be built so that I don't end up with zero from the federal government while they are all taken up in the big cities.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I think smart governors are prob looking to Mike Dewine now. Guy was smart with Big balls

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52113186

On 5 March, after resistance from organisers, Mr DeWine got a court order to shut down much of the Arnold Sports Festival - an annual event featuring 20,000 athletes from 80 countries, around 60,000 spectators each day, and an expected $53m for Columbus, the state's largest city.
The state had yet to report a single case.
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionMr DeWine was criticised for his decision to postpone the state's primary
"This is a balancing test," the first-term governor said at the time, in response to criticism.
Over the next three weeks, Mr DeWine moved to bar spectators from major sporting events - days before US professional leagues decided to cancel their seasons. He was first in the nation to declare a state-wide school shutdown. He invoked an emergency public health order to postpone Ohio's presidential primary the night before it was scheduled on 17 March.
At the time, critics dismissed Mr DeWine's strict regulations as overblown, largely out of step with Ohio's neighbouring states. And in terms of policy, the governor's approach put him at odds with fellow Republican Donald Trump, who until later in March downplayed the threat of the virus, saying it would "go away".
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionGovernor DeWine's early decisions put him at odds with fellow Republican Donald Trump
"On the front end of a pandemic you look a little bit alarmist, you look a little bit like a Chicken Little, the sky is falling," said Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton at a briefing this month. "At the end of a pandemic, you didn't do enough."
To plot his approach Mr DeWine has, by all accounts, relied heavily on Dr Acton - the last cabinet member selected by the governor when he took office last year. The selection of Dr Acton marked a change for the department - neither of her two predecessors were medical doctors.
"Mistakes that I have made throughout my career have generally been because I didn't have enough facts, I didn't dig deep enough," Mr DeWine said. "So, I made up my mind I was going to have the best information, the best data available."
In his daily briefings, Mr DeWine is quick to defer to Dr Acton for specific questions on the virus and its spread, reminding Ohioans that the state's decisions are driven by science.
These policies are "keeping us safer" he said on Tuesday. "We've got to stay at it."

MrTop

EOG Master
agree,...

but guess what?

he should’ve acted like Hillary,... they love murder and death in any format..

well the governor does have that at the moment.. but if things got bad and the chinese were storming the beach do you think the governor would still be in charge...? They would remove all their powers.

kane

EOG master
The idiot governor of my state just today issued a stay at home order, something he should have done many weeks ago

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
"To plot his approach Mr DeWine has, by all accounts, relied heavily on Dr Acton - the last cabinet member selected by the governor when he took office last year. The selection of Dr Acton marked a change for the department - neither of her two predecessors were medical doctors.
"Mistakes that I have made throughout my career have generally been because I didn't have enough facts, I didn't dig deep enough," Mr DeWine said. "So, I made up my mind I was going to have the best information, the best data available."

Ok so apparently there are smart Republicans out there.

Only if the base wouldnt nominate idiotic ones

kane

EOG master
"In his daily briefings, Mr DeWine is quick to defer to Dr Acton for specific questions on the virus and it's spread, reminding Ohioans that the State's decisions are driven by science." Huh, imagine that, a republican who's decisions are driven by science.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
He enacted it on March 18th, but didn't enforce it until march 27th, enacting a law means nothing until you start enforcing it, I would have enacted and used the law the beginning of March

at the very least, he should have realized his "art of the deal" skills werent working

and heeded the Sage and dire requests even Pleads of Govenors Cuomo and Pritzker and others to enact and use the powers

Bill De Blasio: New York Can't Shut Down Over Undue Fear | Morning Joe | MSNBC
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio discusses the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the city and says the city cannot shut down due to undue fear. De Blasio also laments the lack of available coronavirus tests. Aired on 03/10/2020.