Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

boston massacre

EOG Master
Heinsberg, that's what I don't understand..The Virginia Governor closed all public schools several weeks ago.. This is a well funded Baptist college.. I too hope it goes out of business.

IS BLACKFACE INFECTED ?

If the mother doesn't want it after it's Born, KILL IT.

BLACKFACE !

boston massacre

EOG Master
Good to see the Infectious Disease Doc. and Cardiologist call Gupta from FAKE NEWS CNN, A QUACK.

But those Doctors don't understand, that if GUPTA Speaks the Truth, Jeff Zucker from CNN will FIRE HIS ASS.

boston massacre

EOG Master
This is even worse than those members of congress selling off their stocks due to insider information

This Anti-American Snowflake wants to see more Deaths.

Don't use the Drug that will help save your Life.

Because Trump recommends it.

What an Anti-American Parasite, this Liberal Fruit is.

mr merlin

EOG Master
No people. I drove on I-80 from Chicago to the Bay area in 2015 and went from the east end to the southwest end into Utah. There's nobody there. Something like 50k in Cheyenne. That's it.

Just looked up the numbers. In population, Wyoming is the least populated state, and in pop density, only Alaska is less densely populated.
No, it all come down to leadership, the governor is rallying his state to fight the invisible enemy.

Bushay

NHL Expert
I remember when the Affordable Care Act website crashed from overload years ago and Republicans had a field day shitting themselves at the news.

Anyone hear how the small business loan website is doing? I'm sure it's must be a huge success from the get-go.

Anyone?

Bushay

NHL Expert
Wait! What's that? .??

Initial reports are it took over an hour and a quarter to fill out the paperwork and it crashed 13 times??.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Man when that karma comes around it's no joke sometimes Is it?,

MrTop

EOG Master
WUHAN, China (Reuters) - The Chinese city where the coronavirus epidemic first broke out, Wuhan, ended a two-month lockdown on Wednesday, but a northern town started restricting the movement of its residents amid concerns of a second wave of infections in mainland China.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Nah. EVERYBODY is staying home.

Streets are ghost towns ( i am talking about NYC and Brooklyn)
Same here in Queens. On normally bustling streets near major commuter intersections. City buses empty during rush hour with a yellow chain in the front of the bus as the driver only opens the back doors for passengers. I saw 3 or 4 people outside in total wearing masks and gloves in a 6 block walk, hardly any cars on road or in local market parking lots. They're letting in one or two people at a time into a local Walgreens with long lines outside and customers 6 feet apart. Eerie and sad has the norm become.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Under 50, work.
50-65, only stay home in NY, NJ, GA and MI.
Over 65, stay home in approximate
Same thing here in Mn, you then have hundreds of thousands of people in all the other cities and towns locked down for nothing, business's destroyed for nothing, out of jobs for nothing.
That would work if people stay home in those areas - but they don’t.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
going to be watching numbers closer today and tomorrow for first time in a few days.

reason is, I saw we went down a bit in total deaths. I noticed this about a week ago too. I got a bit of optimism at deaths going down, after seeming to sort of start a plateu. but then they suddennly jump up.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- ???
April 7-????

let's hope we don't see a big sharp increase in the next 2-3 days.

I"m hoping is that maybe its a weekend reporting/accounting process? do some States, counties, cities maybe not certify deaths on some weekend days? I know I read about a convoluted process in Idaho where they sometimes don't report the deaths until 3-4 days later and just group them all together on one day.

So we did see the big jump up after our small trend down. Let's hope that means after the big spike we at least see the #'s go down and plateau for a few days, and when we grow for a short bit it will be slower. gotta be bad for the more uneducated folks if they see us hit 2k, 3k deaths per day in the next 3-10 days.

my biggest fear remains media overhype and mass panic and hysteria from the masses.

I think today we'll see under 1200-1500 dead as we adjust back from those abnormal and skewed off weekend numbers we just saw

mr merlin

EOG Master
Big news - that IHEM model that predicts the pandemic was just updated again - it drastically reduced the expected death toll again - down to 60K.

Very, very good news, lets hope it's right, but it means everything that's been done has been misguided. Granted some stuff needed to happen, but did the economy really need to be slammed?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Big news - that IHEM model that predicts the pandemic was just updated again - it drastically reduced the expected death toll again - down to 60K.

Very, very good news, lets hope it's right, but it means everything that's been done has been misguided. Granted some stuff needed to happen, but did the economy really need to be slammed?
It doesn’t mean everything was misguided. Everyone is adjusting on the fly.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The one thing we is going to happen is trump will play this to the hilt, like he was a big factor in staying under the number.
It hasn't happened yet, let hope it does, but right now we dont really know whats going on or why, maybe lots of people are using that drug?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

Its a bit more nuanced then that right?

I mean the President's top people were talking about this line of thinking almost a month ago

“The way you get ahead of it is that, as I try to explain to people, that I want people to assume that ... we are overreacting because if it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing,” -Fauci

If we buy into the model's results as we plug in the data, including the social distancing assumptions. we also have to buy into the same model that shows over 2 million deaths without the mitigation techniques correct?

you can't just pick and choose what results you emphasize.

to put it into sports terms

its kind of like a NFC East team getting ready to face Lawrence Taylor. They put in an extensive amount of time and in depth schemes to double and triple team and Not Let LT kill their QB and shut them down, the last game they played him the previous season he had 2 sacks, 2 tipped passes, 3 QB hits and 5 hurries.

with their new Offensive coordinator and Line coach, they key on LT and Hold him to zero sacks and 2 QB hurries. They lose by a FG in last secs though

do they look at the results and say, well that was foolish, we spent too much time and energy on worrying about LT.

Do you think in their 2nd matchup on the road against the Giants they will decide to just use their typical blocking schemes vs LT?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Its a bit more nuanced then that right?

I mean the President's top people were talking about this line of thinking almost a month ago

“The way you get ahead of it is that, as I try to explain to people, that I want people to assume that ... we are overreacting because if it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing,” -Fauci

If we buy into the model's results as we plug in the data, including the social distancing assumptions. we also have to buy into the same model that shows over 2 million deaths without the mitigation techniques correct?

you can't just pick and choose what results you emphasize.

to put it into sports terms

its kind of like a NFC East team getting ready to face Lawrence Taylor. They put in an extensive amount of time and in depth schemes to double and triple team and Not Let LT kill their QB and shut them down, the last game they played him the previous season he had 2 sacks, 2 tipped passes, 3 QB hits and 5 hurries.

with their line Offensive coordinator and Line coach, they key on LT and Hold him to zero sacks and 2 QB hurries. They lose by a FG in last secs though

do they look at the results and say, well that was foolish, we spent too much time and energy on worrying about LT.

Do you think in their 2nd matchup on the road against the Giants they will decide to just use their typical blocking schemes vs LT?
You're right, the changes that were implemented had a effect for sure, but those were supposed to be baked into the model already.

In my state the gov is set to extend the shutdowns today, he said loud and clear he was going to let the data drive his decisions, the new models now predict 450 deaths in MN, down from 650 a week ago and the govs statement that it could be tens of thousands. So the DATA is not driving his decisions, if it was he would relax.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You're right, the changes that were implemented had a effect for sure, but those were supposed to be baked into the model already.

In my state the gov is set to extend the shutdowns today, he said loud and clear he was going to let the data drive his decisions, the new models now predict 450 deaths in MN, down from 650 a week ago and the govs statement that it could be tens of thousands. So the DATA is not driving his decisions, if it was he would relax.
That’s why there were sets of outcomes. Right now we should be happy to be in the best case range. I worry about a nice weather weekend and everyone goes outside.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Since you don’t work but think everyone else should, how many should die before you feel the stay at home should be extended?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

you just said it, the social distancing is baked in.

if something is working better, you don't go away from it.

that's like stopping taking your antibiotics for Strep Throat, as soon as you are able to get up out of bed and not feel like shit.

if you open the faucet for more Corona infections/deaths BEFORE we get our PPE supply chain fully it will have a negative affect on the states where they aren't near the peak yet and are lagging behind due to geography. Unfortunately those states that are behind in timing are also very very behind in access and quality of health care.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
We need more talk about the techniques we will use to open things up. IF done smartly we could already be people going back to work. Only thing I hear is talk about WHEN.

What about HOW?

why are we so far behind the asian countries in this....

They've been using huge databases and phone apps.

We need to accelerate testing and also Anti-body testing to get cleared people from the immune herd, back into the system.

Wuhan is opening and they are being cautious and smart with Phone Apps that track everyone's health/movement. I"m all for giving up a bit of privacy to get us moving smartly and quciker. You can't just do quicker, without the smart though.

As China lifts its coronavirus lockdowns, authorities are using a color-coded health system to dictate where citizens can go. Here's how it works.
Sophia Ankel

22 hours ago

A composite image of a smartphone screen showing a green pass, and a man scanning a QR code at a Wuhan subway station on April 1, 2020.