Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
And I respect that. There is a prevalent belief that things have to get going now (all from trump people), and a lot of them are from people who are retired. I have had one day off in the last month, much of it trying to get product I don’t want to inconvenience these people in everyday life any more than it already is. Things will get back to normal when the virus says so. Many don’t want to hear that, but it’s the reality. Do I like losing a $2-300 cash side job every weekend? I would like to retire someday also.

Rant over.

Just because you perceive an opinion coming mainly from a certain demographic (retired Trumptards), doesn't mean that opinion is wrong.

I happen to agree with both of you. The truth/answer lies somewhere in the middle. This country is a BIG place. There is no reason why we need to be treating a community of 10k in South Dakota the same as NYC. It's ridiculous.

You are right. Everyone should go back to work when the virus tells us it's time. And that time should be different depending on the circumstances. There is no reason why some counties in some states should completely be shut down right now. Things need to be opened back up responsibly ASAP where it's appropriate.

And I respect that. There is a prevalent belief that things have to get going now (all from trump people), and a lot of them are from people who are retired. I have had one day off in the last month, much of it trying to get product I don’t want to inconvenience these people in everyday life any more than it already is. Things will get back to normal when the virus says so. Many don’t want to hear that, but it’s the reality. Do I like losing a $2-300 cash side job every weekend? I would like to retire someday also.

Rant over.
26 states 0 or 1 death. You think they all should have stay at home orders? Some states have no restrictions now.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Starting to see walk back on death rates, so the negative liberal media begins trafficking 2nd wave of C19 as bad if not worse.

blueline

EOG Master
Drove by a suburban fire station...in front of the station is an electronic road sign that says keep 6ft distance....there were 5 firefighters/ EMTs outside talking in a small circle....one was wearing a mask

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Do you think the states that have been slow to shut down are going to get hit fairly hard?

I think it's all population density so only the major cities get hit here on out.

I think there is a possibility of some states getting into trouble, due to their lack of access to health care and poorer and unhealthier residents.

Miss is an example. They are near the top 10 in Covid19 deaths per capita and they have extremely small cities. They only have one city over 100,000 in the entire state, Their county maps show a bunch of different clusters through all regions.

I'm not sure what their lockdown status is and if so when they implemented. But its a state to watch.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What's wrong with that? Trump said that there's "tremendous potential for voter fraud, and for whatever reason, doesn't work out well for Republicans".

Are there not more older people voting R than D? It would be easier for them to drop their ballot in the mail or vote absentee. TBH, I'm not waiting in line to vote for any of these clowns, absentee or nothing.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
So when

I think there is a possibility of some states getting into trouble, due to their lack of access to health care and poorer and unhealthier residents.

Miss is an example. They are near the top 10 in Covid19 deaths per capita and they have extremely small cities. They only have one city over 100,000 in the entire state, Their county maps show a bunch of different clusters through all regions.

I'm not sure what their lockdown status is and if so when they implemented. But its a state to watch.
Alabama just locked down last week also.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Trump just announced the firing of fauci and birx - they're to be replaced by the Wyoming governor, who is doing a truly bangup job.

The Wy Gov already announced his NY pandemic plan is to tear down all the buildings and replace them with prairie grass.

Last edited:
Trump just announced the firing of fauci and birx - they're to be replaced by the Wyoming governor, who is doing a truly bangup job.

The Wy Gov already announced his NY pandemic plan is to tear down all the buildings and replace them with prairie grass.

Does trump have any grandchildren he can appoint to the crisis response team?

You are way too picky. Trump says that democrats are fixing mail in ballots. Whenever there is a recount, it always goes one way.

And trump has zero credibility while offering no examples how D’s are fixing mail in ballots. The R’s have been responsible for implementing computer voting machines in swing states that don’t provide any paper trail. As far as recounts go......If W’s brother wasn’t governor of FLA and the Supreme Court hadn’t stopped the recount we probably wouldn’t have had 2 meaningless wars and the collapse of the housing market in 2008

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Just to set the record straight, Mississippi is #16 in deaths per capita, plus also less than the District of Columbia. They are at 22 per M vs the US average of 45 per M. Proximity to Louisiana, #3 with 140 per M, may have something to do with their number.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21

What the hell, I never saw this?

So the main guy was wrong..... Trump WAS listening to the expert.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
That should satisfy some of the posters who insisted all he had to do was listen to Fauci........

LOL. Yeah, right.

We all know the movie we are living in now. Libtards dismiss anything that doesn’t fit their agenda and narrative. Trumptards yell fake news at anything that doesn’t fit theirs.

Yawn...

What the hell, I never saw this?

So the main guy was wrong..... Trump WAS listening to the expert.

Raiders conveniently left out the first half of Fauci’s response

Appearing on Newsmax on Jan. 21, Fauci was asked, “We don’t have to worry about this one, right?”
He responded: “Obviously you need to take it seriously and do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing. But this is not a major threat to the people in the United States, and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”