Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

cheapseats

EOG Master
Do u guys think the virus is just going to disappear??? Geez
No, but if hospitalization is any indication, there is a drop in NY and NJ. Furthermore, there is far more hydro being utilized than the main stream media wants to report. Never forget who the media is, if that is all you take away.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
No, but if hospitalization is any indication, there is a drop in NY and NJ. Furthermore, there is far more hydro being utilized than the main stream media wants to report. Never forget who the media is, if that is all you take away.

Reporters are a notch below stool pigeons, I know that....but you need to use some common sense here

cheapseats

EOG Master
I did, and will continue to do so. Death with c19 is a lagging indicator, you have to infect with it or you can't die from it, capeazh

Ray Luca

EOG Master
No, but it will do what all other pandemics do, peak and then wane. Why is that hard to understand?

For starters its a new virus that has never been seen before....it spreads easier than the common cold....but kills 1.5%
The R naught is double what they think
And nobody knows why some have mild symptoms and others like a 27 yr old Army kid I know w no underlying and in great shape on 100% Ventilator

mr merlin

EOG Master
For starters its a new virus that has never been seen before....it spreads easier than the common cold....but kills 1.5%
The R naught is double what they think
And nobody knows why some have mild symptoms and others like a 27 yr old Army kid I know w no underlying and in great shape on 100% Ventilator
That R 0 being high is wonderful, the best news we've had in a month, that means it's infected far more people than thought, and herd immunity is that much closer.

Then you worry about a rare young person getting bad symptoms, that's another wonderful thing, when the spanish flu was around it mainly targeted the young.

You worry about the exact wrong things.

If it is far more widespread than though, that means it's death rate is lower as well, my professional guess is it' slightly under 1%.

This guy makes a good point in that there's been a huge overreaction.
DON PEEBLES: Well I think first of all we need a reality check. You just pointed out the fact that the projections continue to decline so they've been falling. They have been incorrect. And so we now know that there was a big overreaction here. So the first thing we need to do is the people who are not at risk, they need to get back to work.
https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker...istancing-measures-have-been-big-overreaction

dogball

EOG Master
How do you feel about 10,000 deaths per day, 250k total deaths? No one made an early prediction that was right.
These would be low numbers if people didn’t stay home and and continue to until the time is right. NyC Was a day or two away from 1000 deaths a day , is 779 not enough . they are using fields to temporarily bury bodies here.
the fact the numbers declined means the plan is working but we can’t be certain this pandemic will wane as someone wrote above. It should , but it could take millions with it. We don’t know much about this virus or why it impacts people so differently
let me tell you I know 4 non Covid people who need Serious medical attention and can not get it or are to scared to leave house and go To hospital for it. This is a war zone , ny is the model , true density is a big driving force here but this has completely leveled life here
Advocating a return to normal now is insane, asinine ,reckless and asking for a huge set back.

These would be low numbers if people didn’t stay home and and continue to until the time is right. NyC Was a day or two away from 1000 deaths a day , is 779 not enough . they are using fields to temporarily bury bodies here.
the fact the numbers declined means the plan is working but we can’t be certain this pandemic will wane as someone wrote above. It should , but it could take millions with it. We don’t know much about this virus or why it impacts people so differently
let me tell you I know 4 non Covid people who need Serious medical attention and can not get it or are to scared to leave house and go To hospital for it. This is a war zone , ny is the model , true density is a big driving force here but this has completely leveled life here
Advocating a return to normal now is insane, asinine ,reckless and asking for a huge set back.

I can't imagine what it's like to be in NY and that can't be minimized. Outside of major cities, it's a whole different world. We need to start building up a herd immunity to stop this until a vaccine can be produced.

dogball

EOG Master
I can't imagine what it's like to be in NY and that can't be minimized. Outside of major cities, it's a whole different world. We need to start building up a herd immunity to stop this until a vaccine can be produced.
How do we do that and simultaneously avoid the nightmare repeating itself all over the country ?
granted it would be scaled to population size, but I have to think the size of medical system in other cities is ill equipped to handle being overwhelmed by the numbers

dogball

EOG Master
I think the fatality rate is 10x higher then the flu. sound right ? I don’t buy this 4.5% but say 1.25-1.5 seems right.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Berrien county has more cases than Kalamazoo county. We have 120K fewer people than KZoo, but the Chicago people came over to vacation. Thanks.

Valuist

EOG Master
Berrien county has more cases than Kalamazoo county. We have 120K fewer people than KZoo, but the Chicago people came over to vacation. Thanks.

I lived in Chicago area for 50 years. Yes, in summer plenty of people go to Michigan to vacation. But I don't know a single person who went to Michigan for a winter getaway. Is there skiing?

kane

EOG master
The idiot governor of my state wants to open the schools, he said kids under 25 haven't died from the virus. First off he's wrong about no one under 25 dying from the virus. Second, even if someone under 25 didn't die, that person can get it, then spread it to older people, like their parents and grandparents, this guy has been criticized for his handling of the virus from the beginning, he was late in social distancing, late in closing our beaches, late in telling people to stay home, etc. His name in Ron Desantis and not coincidentally is a Trump disciple

The idiot governor of my state wants to open the schools, he said kids under 25 haven't died from the virus. First off he's wrong about no one under 25 dying from the virus. Second, even if someone under 25 didn't die, that person can get it, then spread it to older people, like their parents and grandparents, this guy has been criticized for his handling of the virus from the beginning, he was late in social distancing, late in closing our beaches, late in telling people to stay home, etc. His name in Ron Desantis and not coincidentally is a Trump disciple

Desantis is dumb as a bag of hammers