April 20 1939
April 21 2683

April 25 2.065
April 26 1,157
April 27 ?
April 28 ?

mr merlin

EOG Master
it looks like we've hit peak deaths and there's no going back on that. NY, NJ are everything with regard to national numbers, NY peaked at about 800 and had less than 700 yesterday, while there will be blips for sure I would expect a week from now they'll be more in the 5-600 range, 2 weeks from now more like 3-400.
What a prediction, this was on april 14, almost perfection.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Definitely not nearly as bad as the experts and dems predicted.
Looks like we'll enter may with around 1000 deaths a day, likely leave may with a couple hundred or less, cant ask for more than that. I wonder what it'll be like after mem day when very few are dying and very few are even hospitalized, how can the foolish govs keep things shut down?

Looks like we'll enter may with around 1000 deaths a day, likely leave may with a couple hundred or less, cant ask for more than that. I wonder what it'll be like after mem day when very few are dying and very few are even hospitalized, how can the foolish govs keep things shut down?
They dem governors will have egg on their face. Heat is killing this thing.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Congrats to New Zealand on the victory! We'll be there soon

I'll be very encouraged if our death total comes in under 1600 tomorrow. The lower the better the signs are for our states that have been slammed for weeks.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Congrats to New Zealand on the victory! We'll be there soon

I'll be very encouraged if our death total comes in under 1600 tomorrow. The lower the better the signs are for our states that have been slammed for weeks.
Assuming there is the usual tues bump - I'm hoping 14-1500.

blueline

EOG Master
from WAPO:

U.S. intelligence agencies issued warnings about the novel coronavirus in more than a dozen classified briefings prepared for President Trump in January and February, months during which he continued to play down the threat, according to current and former U.S. officials.

The repeated warnings were conveyed in issues of the President’s Daily Brief, a sensitive report that is produced before dawn each day and designed to call the president’s attention to the most significant global developments and security threats.

.For weeks, the PDB — as the report is known — traced the virus’s spread around the globe, made clear that China was suppressing information about the contagion’s transmissibility and lethal toll, and raised the prospect of dire political and economic consequences.

But the alarms appear to have failed to register with the president, who routinely skips reading the PDB and has at times shown little patience for even the oral summary he takes two or three times per week, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss classified material.

boston massacre

EOG Master
from WAPO:

U.S. intelligence agencies issued warnings about the novel coronavirus in more than a dozen classified briefings prepared for President Trump in January and February, months during which he continued to play down the threat, according to current and former U.S. officials.

The repeated warnings were conveyed in issues of the President’s Daily Brief, a sensitive report that is produced before dawn each day and designed to call the president’s attention to the most significant global developments and security threats.

.For weeks, the PDB — as the report is known — traced the virus’s spread around the globe, made clear that China was suppressing information about the contagion’s transmissibility and lethal toll, and raised the prospect of dire political and economic consequences.

But the alarms appear to have failed to register with the president, who routinely skips reading the PDB and has at times shown little patience for even the oral summary he takes two or three times per week, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss classified material.

This Guy Loves FAKE NEWS.

WASHINGTON POST.

SCUM OF EARTH.

PUT UP A STORY OF RAPIST JOEY BIDEN..

CAN'T FIND ONE ?

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAKE NEWS.

Keep Swallowing it !

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I don't think the ride down from a peak would be identical at all. The growth is/was exponential. Unfortunately it's not symetrical with the dispersion. Especially if your peak does not occur when you are 50% of the way towards herd immunity threshold.

IHME increases projected deaths by Aug 8 to 74,000+

We aren't going to see a mirror image curve here

• At least part of this increase is due to many states experiencing flatter and thus longer epidemic peaks. Further, updated data indicate that daily COVID-19 deaths are not falling very quickly after the peak, leading to longer tails for many states’ epidemic curves. In combination – less abrupt peaks and slower declines in daily COVID-19 deaths following the peak – many places in the US could have higher cumulative deaths from the novel coronavirus.

mr merlin

EOG Master
IHME increases projected deaths by Aug 8 to 74,000+

We aren't going to see a mirror image curve here

• At least part of this increase is due to many states experiencing flatter and thus longer epidemic peaks. Further, updated data indicate that daily COVID-19 deaths are not falling very quickly after the peak, leading to longer tails for many states’ epidemic curves. In combination – less abrupt peaks and slower declines in daily COVID-19 deaths following the peak – many places in the US could have higher cumulative deaths from the novel coronavirus.
It's pretty clear IHEM has not mastered their projections, but they have mastered the obvious...gee, we're already at 55000 deaths and deaths are still running 1000+ a day, maybe we should up our 65K estimate?

What would we do without them?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
too much to read

burning questions and storylines here

- is everybody dead?
- did Mr Top shit his pants every day for the past 30 days?
- over/under on anti Trump memes C/P in thread? number set at O/U 431.5
- are Guesser, Heisburg , Bushay & Kane still fist pumping the daily death tally, or has optimism swayed that the world will indeed not end?
- is Big Runner institutionalized or still free to roam? Posting from a rubber room?
- is Merlin still an expert on most everything from his mom's basement in Minnesota?
- has EOGs QB guru Raiders72 finally been picked up by a NFL franchise front office?
- how many gallons of snobbish craft brew has Fair Warning put down in the past month?

so much content here

too much to read

- is everybody dead?
- are Guesser, Heisburg , Bushay & Kane still fist pumping the daily death tally, or has optimism swayed that the world will indeed not end?
- is Big Runner institutionalized or still free to roam? Posting from a rubber room?
- is Merlin still an expert on most everything from his mom's basement in Minnesota?
- has EOGs QB guru Raiders72 finally been picked up by a NFL franchise front office?
- how many gallons of snobbish craft brew has Fair Warning put down in the past month?

so much content here

Is your 1.5 concern level still intact? Has your life remained completely unchanged from 2 months ago?

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
too much to read

- is everybody dead?

so much content here

Hahaha

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I've for the most part lived a pretty damn good life. Been very fortunate and lucky with a lot of things. For all of you that have grown up in the States in middle class America, I bet you feel the same way.

We all have to kick the bucket someday. I'm not afraid of the Covid Boogie Man. If he comes, he comes. When it's your time, it's your time.

I'm more concerned about the America that my kids will have to endure when the dust settles with all this. With almost their entire adult lives in front of them. I'm much more concerned about that.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Is your 1.5 concern level still intact? Has your life remained completely unchanged from 2 months ago?
completely unchanged with exception to fact there is 9% chance i kill my wife and kids daily. we now try to alternate which days are work from home/in office so spend less time around each other. my particular line of work is booming, could not be busier. pocketing lots of money with social expenses cut way back., saving gas & train money, lunches out, etc.
wife's company not doing well, but they will survive.
i have been working out significantly more, been running a lot more and playing a lot of basketball.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
too much to read

- is everybody dead?

so much content here

Yeah

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
too much to read

- is everybody dead?

so much content here
Sad to say I have had TWO beers since the bars were closed.

blueline

EOG Master
from WAPO:

All but guarantees an independent investigation in the future---Nicole Wallace

mr merlin

EOG Master
The leader of North Carolina protests against stay at home has coronavirus, Audrey Whitlock is one of the leaders of a group that has organized weekly in person rallies demanding that the state reopen. Weekly in person rallies, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...e-has-coronavirus/ar-BB13hSx3?ocid=spartanntp
You conclude she got it at a rally? Assuming it's true to begin with?

We could say the same dumb things with everyone who gets it...Chris Cuomo got it because of blah, blah.