Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Soon, whether it begins around now or a week from now remains to be seen, hospitalizations are dropping everywhere, I think CA is the laggard.

I think they are trending up again in some states that had a big first wave already, recovered and are seeing that 2nd increase like Pa, VA and Ohio. Coming at a bad time as we near schools opening

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I think they are trending up again in some states that had a big first wave already, recovered and are seeing that 2nd incresse like VA and Ohio. Coming at a bad time as we near schools opening

And wait for the flu...think tests are backed up now.? October they'll have to test flu and covid.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
And wait for the flu...think tests are backed up now.? October they'll have to test flu and covid.

We need to get the American public confident that we put out all the fires and embers on this thing before cold, flu, strep season. And get rapid result Covid testing everywhere in big numbers.

thr economy will take huge hits without needing any politicians to over step their powers.

every sore throat, cough, sneeze, fever that people normally get, will stoke Covid fears and people will be forced to not work, and stay home and wait 7 days or more for test results.

moms are going up be hysterical with kids in school, the social media rumors in small community after small community will be rampant and lead to even more crazy behavior .

need to get these embers extinguished fast . Our idiot population is only getting closer and closer to end of their idiot ropes

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The American public hasn’t been confident in anything in a while, at least since March. That is Something where Trump has failed at miserably and shows how much of a leader he really is. He’s had numerous chances to change the perception, failed most every time.

The American public hasn’t been confident in anything in a while, at least since March. That is Something where Trump has failed at miserably and shows how much of a leader he really is. He’s had numerous chances to change the perception, failed most every time.

Correct-As Covid first started to hit he declared himself “A war time president”

He then proceeded to disengage from the war entirely

Ray Luca

EOG Master
We need to get the American public confident that we put out all the fires and embers on this thing before cold, flu, strep season. And get rapid result Covid testing everywhere in big numbers.

thr economy will take huge hits without needing any politicians to over step their powers.

every sore throat, cough, sneeze, fever that people normally get, will stoke Covid fears and people will be forced to not work, and stay home and wait 7 days or more for test results.

moms are going up be hysterical with kids in school, the social media rumors in small community after small community will be rampant and lead to even more crazy behavior .

need to get these embers extinguished fast . Our idiot population is only getting closer and closer to end of their idiot ropes

I'm afraid its too late. Hard lockdown for 3 to 4 weeks maybe work but that's not happening. Need the vaccine but 40% prob won't get

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Dookie got two sets of rules.

Because he is very rich and important.

or

Dookie can't remember what shit he swallowed from one day to the next and he is a dimestore dicksucker and brokeass bitch.

You decide.

Guys like KingRevolver in his crew.
Not sure about you but I am jealous.....

mr merlin

EOG Master
I think they are trending up again in some states that had a big first wave already, recovered and are seeing that 2nd increase like Pa, VA and Ohio. Coming at a bad time as we near schools opening
Cases, in case you haven't noticed are trending up everywhere, perhaps because the true cause is not lack of mask wearing,etc,, but the warm weather pushing people indoors along with the AC blowing the virus around indoors.

Ohio never really had a 1st wave, PA did but mainly in the Phil area, are these new cases there,or are they in the areas that never had much?

mr merlin

EOG Master

This pandemic has proved the stupidity of our leaders and the american people , when it first started there were great fears that it was very deadly, might kill 3-4%+ of the people it infected. We now know that it's 1/10th of that, yet we haven't changed our perception or response. We're panicked when the old get it - fine, but we panic when the young get it - that's not logical, sports are shut down because of what exactly? is it terrible if 20 players get it, never get sick and are all better in 2 weeks. Is that worth destroying the league?

It's pretty clear that we cant truly stop the virus, shutdowns didn't work(we did that for months), masks and social distancing didn't stop it, executive orders have done nothing. The logical thing to do is live with it and get through it, like humans have done throughout history. sorta like sweden.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Cases, in case you haven't noticed are trending up everywhere, perhaps because the true cause is not lack of mask wearing,etc,, but the warm weather pushing people indoors along with the AC blowing the virus around indoors.

Ohio never really had a 1st wave, PA did but mainly in the Phil area, are these new cases there,or are they in the areas that never had much?

I was talking hospitalizations trending up in places like Virginia in reply to you saying they were going down everywhere except California

mr merlin

EOG Master
I was talking hospitalizations trending up in places like Virginia in reply to you saying they were going down everywhere except California
Fine, but the numbers in the big states like TX,FL, CA, where there are 6-9000 people in the hospital will overwhelm any changes in the small fry. when TX drops down to 4-5K in a few weeks, adding an extra 100 in IA or Kansas wont matter.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I tend to agree with the ban...def risks there
But what happened to having a commission and taking testimony?
Testimony to who, did you see any of Barrs testimony? it was a joke, a circus, there was no real interest in asking him questions and getting his answers.

Congress is a failed institution, it should be eliminated.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Fine, but the numbers in the big states like TX,FL, CA, where there are 6-9000 people in the hospital will overwhelm any changes in the small fry. when TX drops down to 4-5K in a few weeks, adding an extra 100 in IA or Kansas wont matter.

I think that might be true for those that only look at just the overall total US numbers as a score board and are detached from the real pain and real effects numbers in ALL communities have.

I've said it many times in this thread, the politicians will serve themselves and err on the side of being over reactive to protect their re election chances . This trickles into all lives. College sports is in jeopardy. For parents of young ones, the implications for childrens' development and academic success are very scary right now. We need school to be open and not interrupted this year. That is looking bleak for some states . Same for small busivesses in so many sectors

so when Texas, Cali, Fl start recovering I won't feel ok and shrug my shoulders if Virginia or Ohio or Indiana or any medium or small state suffers thede side effects that go along with increases suffering and death.

kane

EOG master
I see there's a hurricane heading your way

Not to worry Kane-BunkerBoy is going to nuke it

As you can imagine I follow these storms pretty close, living down here you have to, it's just part of life in Florida. The latest models have it staying far enough off the coast that it shouldn't be too bad for me, I'm expecting some rain and wind later today and into tonight, but I shouldn't get the worst of it, of course it's impossible to know exactly where it's headed, but as of now things are looking better for me

As you can imagine I follow these storms pretty close, living down here you have to, it's just part of life in Florida. The latest models have it staying far enough off the coast that it shouldn't be too bad for me, I'm expecting some rain and wind later today and into tonight, but I shouldn't get the worst of it, of course it's impossible to know exactly where it's headed, but as of now things are looking better for me

Stay safe brother

alfie

EOG Dedicated

just got off the phone with trump. he was checking the status of the storm and my well being. he said a phone call to you would not be appreciated. so he told me to wish you well during the storm..........

kane

EOG master
Just started raining pretty hard by me, wind isn't that bad right now, pretty gusty though, hopefully neither one of us gets it too bad, stay safe Sunny

mr merlin

EOG Master
WOW, the first post you've ever made where you weren't hysterical about something. Well done, just popped to the store, heard the top of the hour news, the headline was Covid cases rise in florida(lie), while a hurricane bears down(another lie, it's going to miss). And then the media wonders why no one listens to them anymore.

kane

EOG master
The Hurricane took a slight jog to the East, I'm lucky, had it taken the same jog to the West I wouldn't be so lucky. A few years ago I went through a Hurricane that damaged my roof and I spent 8 days without power. I know you're someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone except yourself, but these storms are not to be taken lightly

WOW, the first post you've ever made where you weren't hysterical about something. Well done, just popped to the store, heard the top of the hour news, the headline was Covid cases rise in florida(lie), while a hurricane bears down(another lie, it's going to miss). And then the media wonders why no one listens to them anymore.

Besides being an epidemiologist you are also a meteorologist?

Impressive

alfie

EOG Dedicated
The Hurricane took a slight jog to the East, I'm lucky, had it taken the same jog to the West I wouldn't be so lucky. A few years ago I went through a Hurricane that damaged my roof and I spent 8 days without power. I know you're someoyalne who doesn't give a shit about anyone except yourself, but these storms are not to be taken lightly

the damage is one thing, but losing power right after a hurricane is brutal.....

that storm i went 4 days...