Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Valuist

EOG Master
Guy Adami on Fast Money brought up a great point. You likely need at least 2/3 of the population taking the vaccine for it to be effective (assuming it works, which may be a reach in and of itself). But at least 40% of the population has said they won't take the vaccine. So the numbers don't add up. Don't expect the vaccine to come to any rescue.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Guy Adami on Fast Money brought up a great point. You likely need at least 2/3 of the population taking the vaccine for it to be effective (assuming it works, which may be a reach in and of itself). But at least 40% of the population has said they won't take the vaccine. So the numbers don't add up. Don't expect the vaccine to come to any rescue.

Immunity comes from those who have recovered too. They won't need a vaccine.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Name one thing I've been wrong about.

I have yet to see you do anything but past post and mock people for being a lot more insightful than you could ever be.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...rtain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong

Why Certain People Will Never Admit They Were Wrong
Psychological rigidity is not a sign of strength.

And why does this happen so repetitively — why do they never admit they were wrong?

The answer is related to their ego, their very sense-of-self. Some people have such a fragile ego, such brittle self-esteem, such a weak "psychological constitution," that admitting they made a mistake or that they were wrong is fundamentally too threatening for their egos to tolerate. Accepting they were wrong, absorbing that reality, would be so psychologically shattering, their defense mechanisms do something remarkable to avoid doing so — they literally distort their perception of reality to make it (reality) less threatening. Their defense mechanisms protect their fragile ego by changing the very facts in their mind, so they are no longer wrong or culpable.

People who repeatedly exhibit this kind of behavior are, by definition, psychologically fragile. However, that assessment is often difficult for people to accept, because to the outside world, they look as if they’re confidently standing their ground and not backing down, things we associate with strength. But psychological rigidity is not a sign of strength, it is an indication of weakness. These people are not choosing to stand their ground; they’re compelled to do so in order to protect their fragile egos. Admitting we are wrong is unpleasant, it is bruising for any ego. It takes a certain amount of emotional strength and courage to deal with that reality and own up to our mistakes.
But when people are constitutionally unable to admit they’re wrong, when they cannot tolerate the very notion that they are capable of mistakes, it is because they suffer from an ego so fragile that they cannot sulk and get over it — they need to warp their very perception of reality and challenge obvious facts in order to defend their not being wrong in the first place.

How we respond to such people is up to us. The one mistake we should not make is to consider their persistent and rigid refusal to admit they’re wrong as a sign of strength or conviction, because it is the absolute opposite — psychological weakness and fragility.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Immunity comes from those who have recovered too. They won't need a vaccine.

In addition to that, 60% would be close to the herd immunity threshold. Even assuming that some people don't have T-cell immunity to COVID-19 (as a new study indicates people could have it from other strains even), it would seriously reduce R0 to the point of only small outbreaks.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
I don't really care what you libtards have to say anymore. Every day you come after me instead of what I say.

You clearly realize that you're ineffectual and intellectually overmatched to stand a chance in debating these topics with me.

So you choose the route of character assassination.

Anyone with a single brain cell can see right through it.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I don't really care what you libtards have to say anymore. Every day you come after me instead of what I say.

You clearly realize that you're ineffectual and intellectually overmatched to stand a chance in debating these topics with me.

So you choose the route of character assassination.

Anyone with a single brain cell can see right through it.

you said something?

the fukk outta here lulz

mr merlin

EOG Master
Prob 10-12-14% have already had it, they dont count, and apparently quite a few people have immunity,or at least resistance to covid from exposure to other coronavirus's.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Plus many parents hesitant to give their kids

mr merlin

EOG Master
Holland’s Top Scientists Say There’s No Evidence Face Masks Work — And May Actually Cause More Harm

By Eric A. Blair
Published August 3, 2020 at 4:15pm
137 Comments
Share on Facebook(1.1k) Tweet Share Email

Holland’s top scientists have examined data and research about COVID-19 and declared there is no clear evidence that wearing face masks protects — anyone.
In fact, the scientists say wearing masks may actually hamper the fight against virus.
Advertisement - story continues below

“Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

Ray Luca

EOG Master
They worth two fists of fukk all to me Rambofukker

You such a pin dikk

lookit I got a pot to piss in, supersoaker collection, 5 year old car, and I know lots of stuff about Walter Billys.

I am very large guy. Plus I know horse race.

pose.

This post wins the night. Effing hilarious
I'm dyingggg
Hahahaaaaaa