Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
You and your “fake news”..... thanks for the laugh.....you been regurgitating the Q bullshit on the reg for a long time now. Turns out Q is a father/son pedo combo living in the Philippines getting trumptards like yourself to buy into the most laughable of nonsense
I wasn't aware that Q was supposed to be a real person until a few weeks ago. The Q nonsense is pretty much all leftist talking points.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Archie, after a year what do you conclude about the pandemic, and the widely varying reactions to it in various states and countries?? Did anything matter?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Not Archie but we are just playing one big Whack-A-Mole at this time.
it's just that every theory, every country they've heaped praise on, has turned out to be in the same boat as everyone else. Europe was great last year because they had a long strict lockdown - didn't mean shit. Thailand was great and had stopped the virus - not any more. japan and their mask wearing worked like a charm - nope, india and brazil had got through it - oops.

Conversely you can say the same thing - every state or country they bitched about, who didn't react hard enough, strict enough, they turned out to be just fine, no worse than anyone el
se.

I see the surge in your state of MI(and Oh/PA, the NE) seems to have peaked and is now declining - another overhyped molehill that they called a mountain. A yr ago nothing was going on, everything was shut down, here we are with far more virus around than back then(in most states), yet stadiums are full or almost, schools/restaurants/bars are open - heck they're not even wearing masks in schools in many states and everything seems just fine.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
it's just that every theory, every country they've heaped praise on, has turned out to be in the same boat as everyone else. Europe was great last year because they had a long strict lockdown - didn't mean shit. Thailand was great and had stopped the virus - not any more. japan and their mask wearing worked like a charm - nope, india and brazil had got through it - oops.

Conversely you can say the same thing - every state or country they bitched about, who didn't react hard enough, strict enough, they turned out to be just fine, no worse than anyone el
se.

I see the surge in your state of MI(and Oh/PA, the NE) seems to have peaked and is now declining - another overhyped molehill that they called a mountain. A yr ago nothing was going on, everything was shut down, here we are with far more virus around than back then(in most states), yet stadiums are full or almost, schools/restaurants/bars are open - heck they're not even wearing masks in schools in many states and everything seems just fine.
I can say last week was probably the worst for my area. A number of businesses were shut down because of no help. The state was down almost 40 % in a week though. They talked about the kids spiking, but I think it was the mandatory rapid testing for them. I do know people who had it pretty good last week though, they said it was no fun.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I can say last week was probably the worst for my area. A number of businesses were shut down because of no help. The state was down almost 40 % in a week though. They talked about the kids spiking, but I think it was the mandatory rapid testing for them. I do know people who had it pretty good last week though, they said it was no fun.
The frequent testing in schools is designed to keep the pandemic going, they do that here too, everytime they relax something they want more testing to make up for it. They took the masks off outdoor sports but then said they want kids tested every week. many schools with competitive teams have no test pacts to avoid being shut down.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The frequent testing in schools is designed to keep the pandemic going, they do that here too, everytime they relax something they want more testing to make up for it. They took the masks off outdoor sports but then said they want kids tested every week. many schools with competitive teams have no test pacts to avoid being shut down.
The people I knew who got it was from the state wrestling tourneys. Speaking of a high risk sport.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Schools/coaches are FINALLY showing some balls here. My daughter's school softball team had a positive last week. They sent an email immediately saying they determined the girl in question was not in close proximity to anybody in practice and there will be no shut down or tests required. Coaches realize the kids got screwed out of their spring sports last year, will not allow it to happen again.