You're Doing a Heck of a Job, Barry.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
BARACK OBAMA GETS AN "F" FOR PROTECTING AMERICANS

1. Abdulmutallab?s father spoke several times to the US Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria and visited a CIA officer there to tell him, apparently, that he feared his son was a jihadist being trained in Yemen

2. CIA spokesman George Little says here that ?key biographical information? and information about ?possible extremist connections in Yemen? was passed to NCTC. If NCTC knew about it, then did someone at the National Security Council within the White House? There?s a huge blame game beginning so we?ll no doubt know soon enough.

3. As early as August of 2009 the Central Intelligence Agency was picking up information on a person of interest dubbed ?The Nigerian? suspected of meeting with ?terrorist elements? in Yemen?. So there were other parts of the jigsaw that were not put together.

4. In his studied desire to be the unBush by responding coolly to events like this, Obama is dangerously close to failing as a leader. Emerging on Monday in between golf and tennis games in Hawaii to deliver a rather tepid address that significantly underplayed what happened. He described Abdulmutallab as an ?isolated extremist? who ?allegedly tried to ignite an explosive device on his body?. We?ll see whether Obama follows through with action. In the meantime, he went snorkelling.

5. Janet Napolitano, Obama?s Homeland Security Chief, has been a disaster in this, exhibiting the kind of bureaucratic complacency that makes ordinary citizens want to go postal. On Sunday, she told CNN that ?one thing I?d like to point out is that the system worked?.

Let me be clear, the chimp is a disaster.

roscoe

EOG Veteran
Re: You're Doing a Heck of a Job, Barry.

1. Abdulmutallab?s father spoke several times to the US Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria and visited a CIA officer there to tell him, apparently, that he feared his son was a jihadist being trained in Yemen

2. CIA spokesman George Little says here that ?key biographical information? and information about ?possible extremist connections in Yemen? was passed to NCTC. If NCTC knew about it, then did someone at the National Security Council within the White House? There?s a huge blame game beginning so we?ll no doubt know soon enough.

3. As early as August of 2009 the Central Intelligence Agency was picking up information on a person of interest dubbed ?The Nigerian? suspected of meeting with ?terrorist elements? in Yemen?. So there were other parts of the jigsaw that were not put together.

4. In his studied desire to be the unBush by responding coolly to events like this, Obama is dangerously close to failing as a leader. Emerging on Monday in between golf and tennis games in Hawaii to deliver a rather tepid address that significantly underplayed what happened. He described Abdulmutallab as an ?isolated extremist? who ?allegedly tried to ignite an explosive device on his body?. We?ll see whether Obama follows through with action. In the meantime, he went snorkelling.

5. Janet Napolitano, Obama?s Homeland Security Chief, has been a disaster in this, exhibiting the kind of bureaucratic complacency that makes ordinary citizens want to go postal. On Sunday, she told CNN that ?one thing I?d like to point out is that the system worked?.

let me be clear. at this same point in gwb presidency 2800 dead, 4 airliners crashed and the two largest buildings in the country brought down. oh i forgot the anthrax attacks!it will be hard for any president ever to match those numbers!:doh1

As much as I hated Bush and consider him the worst president ever, there comes a point where we have to stop justifying Obama's performance by saying Bush was worse.

Obama has had almost a year at this point, and he has accomplished nothing of substance. We have the same failed Bush policies in numerous areas with no sign of improvement.

Just because the terrorist activity was higher on Bush's watch doesn't mean that Obama gets a free pass for his poor performance.

You're letting him off too easy.