American Idol...anyone watching?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: American Idol...anyone watching?

paula has lost her mind.....i dont think she even knows where she's at....that was absurd....she thought the guy had sung twice already...makes me wonder if the show was taped, even though it says its live.....i really wonder

Journeyman

EOG Master

OMG that was hilarious!

I thought I missed the first half for a second, Paula is loopy!

How could that happen?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

agree with that....of course, i have agreed with that for last 3 weeks, and hasnt happened yet

Journeyman

EOG Master

That second song was absolutely brutal...I felt it was rude of Simon to single out Sayesha at the end as the likely one going home.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Confused Paula Abdul Judges Song That Wasn't Sung On 'Idol' (Video):
A confused Palua Abdul may have been hearing double on last night's episode of 'American Idol' after she gave her feedback on two songs by contestant Jason Castro -- except he had only sung once.

In what was a departure from the show's regular format, judges were told to save their feedback till every contestant had a turn with host Ryan Seacrest suggesting it was because the show was "so tight."
Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Abdul were told to take notes then give their feedback all together at the end of each round. Jackson went first and gave his suggestions before he passed the ball to a very flustered Abdul.

"Oh gosh, we've never had to write these things down... fast enough," she said going through her notes. "Jason, first song, I loved hearing your lower register, which we never really hear, uh... the second song, I felt like your usual charm wasn't -- it was missing for me. It kind of left me a little empty."
"The two songs made me feel like you're not fighting hard enough to get into the top four," she added before Jackson finally interrupted her. "That was just on the first song. Just on the first one," he said pointing to Jason.

The contestants, and Seacrest, on stage were shocked -- obviously with no idea what she was talking about.

The mistake finally dawned on Abdul: "Oh my god, I thought you... I thought you sang twice!," she said before claiming she was confused because she was looking at the notes for David Cook.
Paula, you may want to cut back on the pre-show drinks. Check out a clip of the confusion below:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlYfOY6rg2I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlYfOY6rg2I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Gee Zus...............it's over due time for Jason Castro to go, isn't it ??? I didn't even think he would make the top 10.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

You know, I don't mind Paula's loopiness & all. What I really dislike, and feel it should disqualify her as a viable judge, is her inasbility to criticize anyone. Go back over all the episodes, I bet she hasn't made a handful of truly critical comments the whole series. Seems everyone is just great.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

well, Brooke's time has come to an end.....I actually like her, but she just forgot lyrics too much.....she even did it tonight, with her farewell, but it can be understood there.....not sure if she will have a future in music or not, but she seems like a nice girl.....Syesha has made the top 4, after being in the bottom several times, so she has survived....cannot believe that Castro is still not even in the bottom 2 each week....he is becoming the Sunjaya of this season

Journeyman

EOG Master

well, Brooke's time has come to an end.....I actually like her, but she just forgot lyrics too much.....she even did it tonight, with her farewell, but it can be understood there.....not sure if she will have a future in music or not, but she seems like a nice girl.....Syesha has made the top 4, after being in the bottom several times, so she has survived....cannot believe that Castro is still not even in the bottom 2 each week....he is becoming the Sunjaya of this season

Unbelievable that Castro survived!

Brooke was fairly decent last night, anmything can happen though as we have seen in the past.

What if Castro somehow won the thing? :+textinb3

Hache Man

The one week Brook should have stayed and of course.............:rolleyes:

Hache Man

I'm also tired of seeing Syesha Mercado sing barefooted on stage as if she's some Diva or something..........:whatever:

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Yeh, I'll miss Brooke, too. She wasn't the best, I'll grant that, but I enjoyed watching her each week. I was sure Castro was gone this week, he must hace a bunch of lil gal fans support, I guess..........I don't understand it, IMO he really sux. I don't even like his looks.
Tired of Mercado's bare feet, too. But, she can sing and she has looked really hot the past couple of weeks.
A couple of months ago, I thought Archiletta was going to win without too much of a problem. Now I really think Cook is the guy to beat if we're seriously evaluating talent. I probably wouldn't buy any of his music, but he's very good and more creative than most of the rest.

Hache Man

Tired of Mercado's bare feet, too. But, she can sing and she has looked really hot the past couple of weeks.
A couple of months ago, I thought Archiletta was going to win without too much of a problem. Now I really think Cook is the guy to beat if we're seriously evaluating talent. I probably wouldn't buy any of his music, but he's very good and more creative than most of the rest.

I think both David's are very, very talented & Archuleta doesn't get the same credit he deserves as the the judges & everyone keeps giving David Cook for changing songs & making them their own.

Cook already looks like a star but in my opinion Archuleta is just a tad bit better overall.......

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Cook is -148 at Pinny and the 'field' is +133

Cook seemed the best to me, but not by a large margin over Arch. I think its down to those 2, but you get the field at plus a dollar 33, maybe that's a good bet....after all, the winner is decided by audience votes and Arch is good enough to win this, no?

Also, isn't this somewhat of a popularity contest where the actual singing isn't the sole factor that determines the winner?

I asked my GF if the best person always wins and she said no that one year someone won that wasn't the best (supposedly because she was better looking ?)

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

time for the final 4 to take the stage...each will have to perform twice agian.....not sure what the theme is this week though...hopefully something a little more up to date......

its gotta be about time for Castro to head home

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

at least its rock and roll tonight.......gives them lots of options and choices..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow, would have thoguht this would be the perfect genre for David Cook, but that wasnt so great....surprised he took Duran Duran

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

If Castro survives that performance, then he is truly golden....and will win it all...

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

gotta give Ryan credit, he actaully made me laugh tonight....with the judges arguing over Sysesha, with Simon and paula loving her, and Randy not so much, Randy kept talking, and Ryan told him to be quiet, they had to hurry up, "Hell's Kitchen" is coming on....LOL

thought it was funny

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

im not so sure how David Archuleta will convert to a pop singer, or what "niche" he will sing in....he may not even be that marketable right now, but there is NO DOUBT, the guy has AN AMAZING voice....he absolutely destroyed the other 3 tonight......if this was a fight, they would have called it on a TKO.....

Journeyman

EOG Master

im not so sure how David Archuleta will convert to a pop singer, or what "niche" he will sing in....he may not even be that marketable right now, but there is NO DOUBT, the guy has AN AMAZING voice....he absolutely destroyed the other 3 tonight......if this was a fight, they would have called it on a TKO.....

I have been feeling the same way for about the last month...this kid will find his way and make millions from his voice....I'm not sure what his niche will be either, he is a phenomenal talent.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Good lord if this doesn't expose nappy head nothing will. His second song i was wondering what the hell he was doing. What a butcher job. the first was a nightmare. Cook what is he thinking? He could have blew everyone away with all the choices he had. Black girl i said about a month ago she was getting a raw deal and was underrated. She is for real. The kid. I just don't see it. Every single thing he sings sounds the same. He better hope those little girls who buy his records grow old with him.

They are disrespectful to my legacy. Who is Tina Turner to have her own night and great Glenn does not have one? Hypocrites!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

about an hour away from Castro going home, it better be.....

I dont think i can watch another week of him butchering anymore songs

Journeyman

EOG Master

about an hour away from Castro going home, it better be.....

I dont think i can watch another week of him butchering anymore songs

Has to be his time...what if Cook goes, what if we see another stunner like two years ago?

:+clueless it could happen.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

at least there was some justice, and he is gone....he looked relieved, almost as though he realized he didnt belong that far