American Idol...anyone watching?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: American Idol...anyone watching?

Last year was the first year I didn't watch

They really need to give it a break for 1-2 years....

they'll show the high-lights on the local morning news program tomorrow, i usually wait till then to start my day with a good laugh!!

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

I would rather have bamboo shoots jammed up my fingernails than watch 10 seconds of American Idol.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Angela the 26 year old black chick that has the baby girl with a disease has a great chance at winning IMO

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

these are funny for a short time, but they get old quick...always ready to get to the hollywood rounds, and especially when we finally reach the top 24..

Journeyman

EOG Master

We have a winner!

This gal reminds me of when Carrie Underwood first tried out.

Christy is my early favorite.

Hal01

EOG Veteran

Wow! Kristi (#77610), the girl from Oregon is hot a fire!!:+excited-

Journeyman

EOG Master

Wow! Kristi (#77610), the girl from Oregon is hot a fire!!:+excited-

I agree and get the same feeling I did when C Underwood first sang....we have a winner.

Is it Kristi? However you spell her name she's my choice, calling it early..:houra

Matt

EOG Veteran

I'm going to tail Green Doberman and bet American Idol, will not watch 1min of the shit though.

Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in, he has a thread about Idol across the street.

Already rumors that Kristi Lee Cook is a plant at AI forums she has made a album in the past and this show past few season winners have sucked. They need a star

From vote for the worst click on video to see her video

Here is more on kristi lee cook career

Kristy Lee Cook was signed to Arista Nashville, had Britney Spears lined up to appear in her debut video in 2001, and is managed by Marty Rendleman, who previously managed Leann Rimes. She also apparently loves to alienate most of America by singing in front of a Confederate flag in a video. Looks like her connections may not help her after all...

Also check out her my space page for more pics and videos

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=275 bgColor=#ffffff height=33>
<TABLE height=100 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" vAlign=bottom align=left width=300 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Kristy Lee Cook
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Country [/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=text width=75 bgColor=#ffffff height=75></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MySpace.com - Kristy Lee Cook - Texas, Oregon - Country - www.myspace.com/kristyleecook

dirty

EOG Master

results at least to LA have already been posted here by me... they were leaked to the Media... I can dig them up ... don't remember how deep into it they went... I believe LA.. cause then the shows are supposedly lies... but how do you tell by a fixed show

she pretended to be an amateur.

They gave her a good 5 minute piece showing her riding her horses and some sob story how she had to sell one to come to the auditions. Guess AI producers never heard of the internet funny how they left this out ID.

But she is very talented and has to be the big betting fav to win it win it all you would think.

Kristy Lee

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kristy Lee Signs In Triplicate with Arista, Britney, and BMI[/FONT]
Brand-new Arista Nashville artist Kristy Lee continued to establish her roots in Music City by signing a songwriter affiliation deal with BMI at their Nashville offices. In addition to her label contract, Lee recently inked a deal with Britney Spears' newly-formed production company as its debut artist. Superstar Spears, a BMI affiliate, has already agreed to make a cameo appearance in Lee's first video.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Making it official at BMI Nashville are (seated) Kristy Lee and her mother, Carlene Cook; (standing) BMI's Mark Mason, Patsy Bradley, David Preston and Paul Corbin. photo by Beth Gwinn
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The 17-year-old singer claims Selma, Oregon as her home, although recent months have been spent attending to business matters in Nashville and performing live in various venues in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Lee adds horses and softball to her passions beyond music. She is managed by Marty Rendleman, who formerly managed LeAnn Rimes.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i got your winner from good ole Huntsville Alabama (hometown girl)..

Cardin Mckinney........

keep your eye out for her Journeyman........

I liked this one best:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvZLBmgbBFs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

this young 16 year old boy that sang Bryan Adams is damn good....he can really sing, and everyone is gonna love him....if he gets to the top 12, which i think at this point, he will, then he will be a big danger when the audiences vote.....

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Katie Malloy enuf said. she is the hottest broad and can sing and for some reason they hid her last night. I didn't see her till the very end and it was like for a quick second. honarable mention the black girl who's dad died, The austrailan kid, and the sixteen year old black hair kid. The kid who sleeps in his car i thought sucked each and everytime but he still somehow survives. Oh and the chick with the nasty tatoo down her arm can bring it. the Kristi girl looks like a one trick pony. Katie Malloy she is 18 from Texas and Romo will be hitting it about a year from now.

seattle slew

EOG Senior Member

Same here. The thing I don't get is what makes this Randy Jackson guy an authority on anything? At least Abdul is/was a successful singer. I don't know what Cowell is either.

I would rather have bamboo shoots jammed up my fingernails than watch 10 seconds of American Idol.

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

Katie Malloy enuf said. she is the hottest broad and can sing and for some reason they hid her last night. I didn't see her till the very end and it was like for a quick second. honarable mention the black girl who's dad died, The austrailan kid, and the sixteen year old black hair kid. The kid who sleeps in his car i thought sucked each and everytime but he still somehow survives. Oh and the chick with the nasty tatoo down her arm can bring it. the Kristi girl looks like a one trick pony. Katie Malloy she is 18 from Texas and Romo will be hitting it about a year from now.

Katie Malloy, I am on the Katie Malloy bandwagon.
Hockeynut at the LVA is where I first heard of this person. She is my pick to win.

dirty

EOG Master

Same here. The thing I don't get is what makes this Randy Jackson guy an authority on anything? At least Abdul is/was a successful singer. I don't know what Cowell is either.

Randy Jackson is a Record Producer and very successful..and Cowell is in charge of the Company that is in Charge of the Record deal the winners get... both very powerful men in the Music Industry. Paula Abdul is the Least qualified of any of the Judges

Randall Darius Jackson (known as Randy Jackson).(born June 23, 1956 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana) is a Grammy Award-winning rock bassist, singer, record producer and Emmy Award-nominated television and radio personality, now best known as a judge on American Idol.

Music career

Jackson played bass in violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty's backing band. His numerous credits range from playing with Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Blue ?yster Cult, Herbie The Car, Richard Marx, Madonna, Billy Joel, Journey, Bon Jovi and Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band. His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Jackson to be quite in demand as a producer himself.
While in the Bay Area, Jackson played in bands with Carlos Santana and Jerry Garcia. He moved to Italy in the late 1980s and produced a record for Italian pop star Zucchero. The record Zucchero and the Randy Jackson Band produced one of Zucchero's biggest hits, "Donne". Jackson was bass guitarist for Tracy Chapman featuring on several Tracks on her 1992 release Matters of the Heart. He performed on the single "Bang Bang Bang", "Open Arms", and "Dreaming on a World". Jackson has also recorded, produced, or toured with many well-known artists and bands, ranging from Mariah Carey (whom he knew when she was still a teenager; he was in her band at Live 8 in London in 2005) to *NSYNC, C?line Dion, Wild Orchid, Bruce Springsteen, Stryper,<sup id="_ref-Erickson_Sturdevant_06_0" class="reference">[1]</sup> and Madonna (he played bass on her number-one hit "Like a Prayer"). He has also worked as an executive, spending eight years as vice president of artists and repertoire (A&R) at Columbia Records and four years heading A&R at MCA Records.<sup id="_ref-AP_stardom_0" class="reference">[2]</sup>
Since 2002, Jackson has been one of the three regular judges on the Fox Network reality television series American Idol.
Jackson also hosts a radio top 40 countdown known as "Randy Jackson's Hit List", which is syndicated on hundreds of stations nationwide by Westwood One.<sup class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</sup> Every week Jackson counts down his top 30 Urban AC and Mainstream AC hits, and gives behind-the-scenes information on American Idol with American Idol Underground.
On 7 July, 2007 Jackson presented at the American leg of Live Earth.
On 7 February, a new TV show will be presented by Jackson. The qualification round for "America's Best Dance Crew" was broadcast live on MTV on 26 January as a teaser to the elimination dance off battles which will premiere on 7 February.He also filled in with the group KISS for Gene Simmons following a fire accident.

Randy Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simon Phillip Cowell (born 7 October 1959) is an Emmy-nominated English artist and repertoire ("A&R") executive for Sony BMG in the United Kingdom and a television producer, more commonly known as a judge on television programmes such as Pop Idol, The X Factor, American Idol and Britain's Got Talent. He is also the owner of the television production and music publishing house Syco.
Cowell is notorious for his unsparingly blunt and often controversial criticisms, insults, and wisecracks about contestants and their singing abilities, or lack thereof. He is often parodied in pop culture. His judging is usually blunt but honest and on the mark. He is known for combining activities in the television and music industries, having promoted singles and records for various artists, including television personalities.
Cowell has been the producer and the creative force of many media, most notably Pop Idol and its international offspring. His success since the millennium has brought him worldwide fame and a greatly increased monetary fortune.

And Lots More here

Simon Cowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nascar_Bobby

EOG Addicted

1. Kristy Lee Cook looks like a long shot to me.
YouTube - Future American Idol 7 Winner - Kristy Lee Cook (1.15.08)

2. Bucsfan67 likes Robbie Carrico (to win)
YouTube - Robbie Carrico - Hollywood Auditions Round 1
YouTube - Robbie Carrico American Idol 7 audition Ryan's longlost bro?

3. Thor4140 (and me) like Kady (Katie) Malloy (to win)
YouTube - American Idol 7: Beautiful Kady Malloy (1.16.08)
I am on a lunch break at work but when I get home I like to see Katie on tonight episode which I have set to record.

BTW, does the Greek or other offshore books offer odds on this besides Bodoglife?

dirty

EOG Master

I posted the winners (at least the top 12) in a thread here one time...will not tell where as I don't want to spoil it for anyone

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

1. Kristy Lee Cook looks like a long shot to me.
YouTube - Future American Idol 7 Winner - Kristy Lee Cook (1.15.08)

2. Bucsfan67 likes Robbie Carrico (to win)
YouTube - Robbie Carrico - Hollywood Auditions Round 1
YouTube - Robbie Carrico American Idol 7 audition Ryan's longlost bro?

3. Thor4140 (and me) like Katie Malloy (to win)
YouTube - american idol katie malloy
I am on a lunch break at work but when I get home I like to see Katie on tonight episode which I have set to record.

BTW, does the Greek or other offshore books offer odds on this besides Bodoglife?

No, i havent made my prediction yet....but that wasnt the guy i was talking about.....i was talking about the other guy who sang Bryan Adams, the 16 year old.....also the guy who sang Bohemian Rhapsody was good, and i like the girl with the streaky hair, and the real raspy voice....

But i will make my prediction once the 24 perform the first time....

I have had the winner 3 out of 4 years from the top 24...missed last year, my girl finished 5th..

Journey I'm disappointed in you if you're really watching this show. :+textinb3

It was cool when it first came out to see the rejected auditions, but anything past that sucks ass, Howard Stern had the same idea on his show years ago. Same with the are you smarter than a 5th grader bit, another show concept.