just a couple

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast
hello to all, i'm an aussie dipping my toes in, here's a selection of tips i have bet for tomorrow.....

(p.s you have different ways of expressing odds compared to us!!)

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia (Kendrick) -175 i think!!! (we call it $1.57)

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia -1.5 +105

Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox (Buehrle) +119

Chicago White Soz @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox +1.5 -169

welcome to anyone's thoughts!!!!

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast
Re: just a couple

hello to all, i'm an aussie dipping my toes in, here's a selection of tips i have bet for tomorrow.....

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia (Kendrick) -175 i think!!! (we call it $1.57) win

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia -1.5 +105 win

Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox (Buehrle) +119 raped

Chicago White Soz @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox +1.5 -169 pillaged

cheers

benno

so does that make me 2-2 and -$64?? Can someone clarify please. My way of thinking is 544 out 480 in......??

Us aussies need help!!!!

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast
here is a look at wednesday's fixtures...let's hope i can show a bit of a profit.

Remember i'm knew to this so don't take my tips as gospel!!!

Pittsburgh@ Cincinnati OVER 9 -120 this looks to be a battle of the bullpens, as the relievers have pitched absurd numbers in recent games, and both of these pitchers look like they leak like a sieve with Gorzelanny's last 2 and Arroyos last 3 games going overs. Pittsburgh on the road give up 6 runs on average.

Texas @ Tampa Bay Tampa Bay (Garza) -154 Expecting Garza to go 4-1 here. His only encounter against the Texans was very good, 6 2/3 innins realising 2 runs, but only 1 earned. 5 strikeouts amongst the innings adds to the strength of the performance. (that performance was as a Twin interestingly) Texas may be the highest scorers in the league, but Garza will have a say about that with TB's home ERA of 2.74 rating second overall

see how these go.....anyone's thoughts??!!

benno

p.s can someone clarify my money stat above of -$64 as we have a different way of expressing the odds in australia!!!! :+textinb3

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

here is a look at wednesday's fixtures...let's hope i can show a bit of a profit.

Remember i'm knew to this so don't take my tips as gospel!!!

Pittsburgh@ Cincinnati OVER 9 -120 this looks to be a battle of the bullpens, as the relievers have pitched absurd numbers in recent games, and both of these pitchers look like they leak like a sieve with Gorzelanny's last 2 and Arroyos last 3 games going overs. Pittsburgh on the road give up 6 runs on average. Win in 8th inning woohoo!!!

Texas @ Tampa Bay Tampa Bay (Garza) -154 Expecting Garza to go 4-1 here. His only encounter against the Texans was very good, 6 2/3 innins realising 2 runs, but only 1 earned. 5 strikeouts amongst the innings adds to the strength of the performance. (that performance was as a Twin interestingly) Texas may be the highest scorers in the league, but Garza will have a say about that with TB's home ERA of 2.74 rating second overall Won 5-3 cool!!!

see how these go.....anyone's thoughts??!!

benno

p.s can someone clarify my money stat above of -$64 as we have a different way of expressing the odds in australia!!!! :+textinb3
200 profit for today not bad for dipping my toes in!!! Now out 818 in 954 for +136 and 4-2

Feeling a bit more comfortable now!!!

benno

Hi Benno,

I'm an Aussie living in NZ. Before you start, I've already heard all the jokes :)

Once you get your head arounf the american odds you'll find them WAY easier than decimal (aussie) or traditional (6/4 or 4/7).

If its a dog it will be positive. Like +120. This is easiest to work out because its not too different from decimal. This means if you bet 100 it will return 120 (plus your stake). so thats the same as 2.20 in decimal. Its really easy because all you do is add 100 and throw in a decimal point. +300 is 4.00. +105 is 2.05. +100 is 2.00 (even money bet).

If its a fave, it will be a negative. This is a bit harder to convert to decimal, but its pretty intuitive. The number is the amount you need to return to win 100. So your philly bet at -175, if you bet 175 you win 100 (plus your stake).

If you're still stuck, most books will let you switch the way the odds are displayed, or there are calculators available:

Odds Converter by Smart Capper

As for wanting to know how far up or down you were, it depends how much you bet on each game.

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Hi Benno,

I'm an Aussie living in NZ. Before you start, I've already heard all the jokes :)

Once you get your head arounf the american odds you'll find them WAY easier than decimal (aussie) or traditional (6/4 or 4/7).

If its a dog it will be positive. Like +120. This is easiest to work out because its not too different from decimal. This means if you bet 100 it will return 120 (plus your stake). so thats the same as 2.20 in decimal. Its really easy because all you do is add 100 and throw in a decimal point. +300 is 4.00. +105 is 2.05. +100 is 2.00 (even money bet).

If its a fave, it will be a negative. This is a bit harder to convert to decimal, but its pretty intuitive. The number is the amount you need to return to win 100. So your philly bet at -175, if you bet 175 you win 100 (plus your stake).

If you're still stuck, most books will let you switch the way the odds are displayed, or there are calculators available:

Odds Converter by Smart Capper

As for wanting to know how far up or down you were, it depends how much you bet on each game.

Thanks for the reply efc, much appreciated mate. I have worked out the odds, it was not that difficult after i realised what everyone has been doing!!!

I just convert the odds from the decimal ones i get at sportingbet.

Have based these on $100 so far, although i am not betting quite that high (hopefully next season!!!)

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Looking on to thursday's games hoping these can prove profitable.

Chicago White Sox @ Tampa Bay CWS (Danks) Very keen on Danks here, all the indicators that the White Sox should win this one. At +109 I see plenty of value especially when you consider that CWS @ TB have won 6 out of last 7 games against the Rays on the road, Danks has an amazing road ERA of 1.44, has won both starts against the Rays, has a monthly ERA of 3.00 compared to Jackson's 3.07 (his career is 5.25) and Jackson pitches worse at home than the road.

San Francisco @ Arizona Arizona (Johnson) -189 Johnson should enjoy stepping up to the mound to face off with Zito despite a very high home ERA and the San Fran win yesterday. Arizona are 13-8 against the LHP and SF on the other hand are 6-10, and at 1-8 at the moment, that is the last stat Zito wants to see. Zito has nightmares against the D-backs having lost his last 4, the latest of which he was dragged affter leaking all 5 runs that Ariz scored in just 3 2/3 innings.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati Cincinnati (Harang) -182 It appears in this game that the up and coming Dumatrait has his work cut out for him against Harang, who will think Christmas must have come early taking the mound at home where he pitches at 2.79. His night time ERA is very high, but Pittsburgh concede 5.5 runs on average and Dumatrait the best part of 5 on the road. Won't be the best start for Dumatrait's career going 1-7 and the Pirates are destined for a 0-3 road trip. Harang has pitched 8 innings on 4 of his last 5 starts against the Pirates, and he has won 4 of his last 5 starts against them with a ND after conceding 2 runs in 8 innings only to have the relieving muppets concede another 8 in the 9th to lose 10-4.

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Looking on to thursday's games hoping these can prove profitable.

Chicago White Sox @ Tampa Bay CWS (Danks) Very keen on Danks here, all the indicators that the White Sox should win this one. At +109 I see plenty of value especially when you consider that CWS @ TB have won 6 out of last 7 games against the Rays on the road, Danks has an amazing road ERA of 1.44, has won both starts against the Rays, has a monthly ERA of 3.00 compared to Jackson's 3.07 (his career is 5.25) and Jackson pitches worse at home than the road. WIN 5-1 NEVER REALLY IN DOUBT +109

San Francisco @ Arizona Arizona (Johnson) -189 Johnson should enjoy stepping up to the mound to face off with Zito despite a very high home ERA and the San Fran win yesterday. Arizona are 13-8 against the LHP and SF on the other hand are 6-10, and at 1-8 at the moment, that is the last stat Zito wants to see. Zito has nightmares against the D-backs having lost his last 4, the latest of which he was dragged affter leaking all 5 runs that Ariz scored in just 3 2/3 innings. This was an absolute disaster leading 3-2 when Johnson gets substituted. Enter Tony Pena, who should be ashamed to be paid for that D Grade performance. He must not get on well with Johnson as he walked one hit a guy with a pitch to make bases loaded, then walked another guy to tie the scores. Then Qualls gets hit into the stands to complete the fairytale. Absolutely pathetic.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati Cincinnati (Harang) -182 It appears in this game that the up and coming Dumatrait has his work cut out for him against Harang, who will think Christmas must have come early taking the mound at home where he pitches at 2.79. His night time ERA is very high, but Pittsburgh concede 5.5 runs on average and Dumatrait the best part of 5 on the road. Won't be the best start for Dumatrait's career going 1-7 and the Pirates are destined for a 0-3 road trip. Harang has pitched 8 innings on 4 of his last 5 starts against the Pirates, and he has won 4 of his last 5 starts against them with a ND after conceding 2 runs in 8 innings only to have the relieving muppets concede another 8 in the 9th to lose 10-4. I would NEVER have predicted that scoreline when I rolled into work bright and early. Harang got some of his own back. I can only shake my head and look forward to the challenge tomorrow. Thank God none of these overpaid muppets will be going near a field.

cheers

benno

OUCH out 1289 in 1163 making it now 5-4 and -126.

Reaching for a VERY stiff drink.

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Friday's games and on face value I'm loving Houston (Backe) @ Milwaukee.

Houston @ Milwaukee Houston (Backe) +110 This looks a great opportunity for Backe to kickstart the series with a win for the Astros. Backe comes into this with a season ERA of 4.19, and although he is higher on the road, he is in good form, his last 3 games showing 3.20 ERA and night time games bring out his best also showing 3.21. He has had success against Milwaukee before, his last start against them notching a win conceding 2 runs through 5 2/3 innings. He should be fresh coming off a longer break than Parra, who notched the loss last start after getting dragged after 4 2/3 innings. Parra's only start against the Astros was a loss, conceding all 6 runs in the 4 innings he pitched. He is above 5 ERA in last 30 days, and the Brewers are coming off a thumping yesterday.

Florida @ Philadelphia Florida (Hendrickson) +129 I'm keen to get on board the dog here at what looks a great opportunity. My first encounter with Myers in MLB was his start 3 back when ousted in 4 2/3 innings after being belted from Australia to China. The man has a high ERA is a 25% win rate and has tasted a loss last start agianst the Marlins who lead the league in away scoring. Hendrickson is 7-2. Myers 6.7 ERA last month and 5.63 at night.

Florida @ Philadelphia Total Game Score OVER 10.5 (with my bookie) +100

Refer above!! 4 out of last 6 and 6 out of last 10 encounters have gone overs. Hendrickson's only start against the Phillies conceded 7 runs in 3 innings, but the final score was 15-3 anyway. Myers leaking like a sieve.

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Friday's games and on face value I'm loving Houston (Backe) @ Milwaukee.

Houston @ Milwaukee Houston (Backe) +110 This looks a great opportunity for Backe to kickstart the series with a win for the Astros. Backe comes into this with a season ERA of 4.19, and although he is higher on the road, he is in good form, his last 3 games showing 3.20 ERA and night time games bring out his best also showing 3.21. He has had success against Milwaukee before, his last start against them notching a win conceding 2 runs through 5 2/3 innings. He should be fresh coming off a longer break than Parra, who notched the loss last start after getting dragged after 4 2/3 innings. Parra's only start against the Astros was a loss, conceding all 6 runs in the 4 innings he pitched. He is above 5 ERA in last 30 days, and the Brewers are coming off a thumping yesterday.

Florida @ Philadelphia Florida (Hendrickson) +129 I'm keen to get on board the dog here at what looks a great opportunity. My first encounter with Myers in MLB was his start 3 back when ousted in 4 2/3 innings after being belted from Australia to China. The man has a high ERA is a 25% win rate and has tasted a loss last start agianst the Marlins who lead the league in away scoring. Hendrickson is 7-2. Myers 6.7 ERA last month and 5.63 at night.This one slipped away early when again Hendrickson concedes 7 runs early doors.....not keen on the unlikely victory

Florida @ Philadelphia Total Game Score OVER 10.5 (with my bookie) +100

Refer above!! 4 out of last 6 and 6 out of last 10 encounters have gone overs. Hendrickson's only start against the Phillies conceded 7 runs in 3 innings, but the final score was 15-3 anyway. Myers leaking like a sieve.This went overs in the 4th!!! always good when high scoring teams and high ERA pitchers get the job done early!! WIN 100

cheers

benno

waiting on Houston will update later....one day i'll get both or all 3 tips!!! :D

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

after going 1 for 3 on Friday and -100 for the day making me -226 and having a long weekend in Australia, I have only one in play for today

Colorado @ Los Angeles Dodgers Total Game Score OVER 8.0 runs -125

These look like leaky pitchers that are not in too crash hot form. I think that 9 or 10 runs could easily be scored here despite the recent poor form of the Rockies. The relievers have not been used greatly by either team in recent starts but I feel one or both could get dragged after 5 or 6 today. The dodgers will appreciate the rockies sending the LHP Francis to the mound - the dodgers are 10-5 against lefties thus far.

cheers

benno

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia (Kendrick) -175 i think!!! (we call it $1.57)

Colorado @ Philadelphia Philadelphia -1.5 +105

Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox (Buehrle) +119

Chicago White Soz @ Cleveland Chicago White Sox +1.5 -169

cheers

benno

I already like you...

Well done tonight and welcome to EOG...:cheers

THE SHRINK

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

after going 1 for 3 on Friday and -100 for the day making me -226 and having a long weekend in Australia, I have only one in play for today

Colorado @ Los Angeles Dodgers Total Game Score OVER 8.0 runs -125

These look like leaky pitchers that are not in too crash hot form. I think that 9 or 10 runs could easily be scored here despite the recent poor form of the Rockies. The relievers have not been used greatly by either team in recent starts but I feel one or both could get dragged after 5 or 6 today. The dodgers will appreciate the rockies sending the LHP Francis to the mound - the dodgers are 10-5 against lefties thus far.

cheers

benno

YUCK!!! history did not repeat itself with the overs here. only 3 runs scored never in the hunt!! Upon reflection its not a good idea to bet games where teams are on such a long losing run....part of the learning curve i guess.

Now -351 and 6-7.

Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

selections for 5/6 which can hopefully get me some sort of respectability!!!

Cincinnati @ Philadelphia Philadelphia (Myers) -125
Very keen on Myers here to get the job done. Last start was most impressive in 8 innings, securing the win with 3 runs from 6 hits and 11 K's. Good record at home and good record against Cincinnati despite last month's loss when getting dragged after 5 innings. Volquez is pitching superbly of late, but the bubble has to burst eventually and I am thinking that will be sooner rather than later.

Cincinnati @ Philadelphia Total Game Score UNDER 10 runs -110
This will all come down to how well Myers pitches. If he can get a rhythm early it is likely to be a low scoring affair. He has the ability to stifle the Reds, as does Volquez with the Phillies.

Tampa Bay @ Boston Boston (Beckett) -175
Beckett's ERA of 4.3 thus far this season is slightly behind his 3.85 ERA vs Tampa Bay from 2005. The Red Sox will be be confident with him at the mound with a career winning % of .594. and a 19-11 record at home from 2005. Jackson against the Red Sox since 05 is 2-2 with 5.5 ERA comparable to 5.27 career ERA.

Houston @ Pittsburgh Houston (Oswalt) -120
Oswalt is going at 5.45 this year (3.19 career), but he owns Pittsburgh. Making his first appearance against the Pirates in 08 but from 05-07 tormented them with 5-1 record and unbelievable 1.93 ERA. Zach Duke is 2-4 this year and pitching reasonably well of late but will need all the help he can get from his hitters to get him enough runs to play with here. Duke is 0-3 from 05 against the Stros.

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

selections for 5/6 which can hopefully get me some sort of respectability!!!

Cincinnati @ Philadelphia Philadelphia (Myers) -125
Very keen on Myers here to get the job done. Last start was most impressive in 8 innings, securing the win with 3 runs from 6 hits and 11 K's. Good record at home and good record against Cincinnati despite last month's loss when getting dragged after 5 innings. Volquez is pitching superbly of late, but the bubble has to burst eventually and I am thinking that will be sooner rather than later. Myers' great picthing was not enough as Volquez again stymied the opposition, and the 2-0 scoreline favoured the Reds.

Cincinnati @ Philadelphia Total Game Score UNDER 10 runs -110
This will all come down to how well Myers pitches. If he can get a rhythm early it is likely to be a low scoring affair. He has the ability to stifle the Reds, as does Volquez with the Phillies. win 100 2-0 final score a great display of pitching. never in doubt

Tampa Bay @ Boston Boston (Beckett) -175
Beckett's ERA of 4.3 thus far this season is slightly behind his 3.85 ERA vs Tampa Bay from 2005. The Red Sox will be be confident with him at the mound with a career winning % of .594. and a 19-11 record at home from 2005. Jackson against the Red Sox since 05 is 2-2 with 5.5 ERA comparable to 5.27 career ERA. win 100 5-1 the final score and Beckett keeps up the good record.

Houston @ Pittsburgh Houston (Oswalt) -120
Oswalt is going at 5.45 this year (3.19 career), but he owns Pittsburgh. Making his first appearance against the Pirates in 08 but from 05-07 tormented them with 5-1 record and unbelievable 1.93 ERA. Zach Duke is 2-4 this year and pitching reasonably well of late but will need all the help he can get from his hitters to get him enough runs to play with here. Duke is 0-3 from 05 against the Stros. Loss on statistics it was not a bad showing 6 innings with 104 pitches and 70 strikes but conceded more hits than Duke who went 7 2/3 innings and the 2-5 result makes me 2-2 for the day.

cheers

benno

2-2 and -45 for the day now makes it 8-9 and -396.

Hoping I can turn the corner soon.....

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

thursday's action and here are my tips.... (at the moment they are pretty good quality toilet paper!!)

Toronto @ New York Yankees Total game score UNDER 8.5 runs -115
McGowan in good form of late and the Blue jays are tough to score against on the road. Wang's last couple have been high scoring affairs, but both these pitchers are better in the day than the night which will be important. Wang is 21-7 at home with an ERA of 2.9.

Toronto @ New York Yankees Toronto (McGowan) +1.5 runs -143. In what shapes as a low-scoring affair, the 1.5 runs looks a safe bet. McGowan's road ERA is not that crash hot, but he is coming off consecutive wins which will buoy his confidence, and Wang's last 3 games ERA is an amazing 7.92.

Chicago Cubs @ Los Angeles Dodgers Chicago Cubs (Dempster) +105
This is a good opportunity as a dog for Dempster to improve on away statistics. From 2005-2007 he has a poor away record of 3-10, but a lot can change in that space of time. This year he is pitching at 2.75 ERA and even better on the road 2.08. His last 3 starts have an ERA of 4 - so all things being equal he is due for a better pitching performance. Billingsley this season is 3.27 and at 4-6 he is a losing pitcher. He is 3.68 at home and conceded a remarkable 2 runs in last 3 starts through 20 innings - the 0.9 average is WAY below his average output, so the high scoring Cubs look a good play to buck his recent good form.

see how these go :rolleyes:

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

thursday's action and here are my tips.... (at the moment they are pretty good quality toilet paper!!)

Toronto @ New York Yankees Total game score UNDER 8.5 runs -115
McGowan in good form of late and the Blue jays are tough to score against on the road. Wang's last couple have been high scoring affairs, but both these pitchers are better in the day than the night which will be important. Wang is 21-7 at home with an ERA of 2.9. Loss WAAAY overs!!

Toronto @ New York Yankees Toronto (McGowan) +1.5 runs -143. In what shapes as a low-scoring affair, the 1.5 runs looks a safe bet. McGowan's road ERA is not that crash hot, but he is coming off consecutive wins which will buoy his confidence, and Wang's last 3 games ERA is an amazing 7.92. Fell in!! Whats with the relief pitchers giving up 3 at bottom of 9th and eroding the handy little buffer I had....??!! Not good for the heart rate!! win 8-9

Chicago Cubs @ Los Angeles Dodgers Chicago Cubs (Dempster) +105
This is a good opportunity as a dog for Dempster to improve on away statistics. From 2005-2007 he has a poor away record of 3-10, but a lot can change in that space of time. This year he is pitching at 2.75 ERA and even better on the road 2.08. His last 3 starts have an ERA of 4 - so all things being equal he is due for a better pitching performance. Billingsley this season is 3.27 and at 4-6 he is a losing pitcher. He is 3.68 at home and conceded a remarkable 2 runs in last 3 starts through 20 innings - the 0.9 average is WAY below his average output, so the high scoring Cubs look a good play to buck his recent good form.
Win, another that fell in, Kerry Wood doing his darndest to make sure I will be grey before 30 years of age after walking one and hitting one with a double making bases loaded 2 out before closing out 5-4

see how these go :rolleyes:

benno

well it was a winning day so no complaints there. the ledger at 10-10 with -306. Looking forward to a big tomorrow.

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

been on a short freshen up after a hectic few weeks and keen to stick with it now, have still been watching most of the results.

just the one for tomorrow, i really think the florida marlins with nolasco at the mound at -112 is value. He's pitching well, Owings hasn't won for a while, the marlins are a profitable team, and florida have won 14 out of last 19 clashes against the d-backs at home. the d-backs are going at 40% away from home.

marlins (nolasco) -112

cheers benno

welcome anyone's thoughts

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

yuk yuk yuk!!!

after 1 inning nolasco has thrown 32 pitches.....hope the bullpen is warm or he can turn this around!!!!

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

been on a short freshen up after a hectic few weeks and keen to stick with it now, have still been watching most of the results.

just the one for tomorrow, i really think the florida marlins with nolasco at the mound at -112 is value. He's pitching well, Owings hasn't won for a while, the marlins are a profitable team, and florida have won 14 out of last 19 clashes against the d-backs at home. the d-backs are going at 40% away from home.

marlins (nolasco) -112

cheers benno

welcome anyone's thoughts

what a recovery!!!! owings dragged after 4 and amazingly nolasco goes 8 innings with 120 pitch count. very happy with that result. now 11-10 -206. lets hope tomorrow is equally as profitable :)

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

I'll get in early with tomorrow's tip for anyone that is interested. There are a few games I don't like the look of for one reason or another, but I do think that at -132 Boston Red Sox represent a great bet against Houston. Boston have the lefty Jon Lester at the mound and with the form he is in at the moment they will be very confident. His last three innings have each seen him reach 7 innings and he is going at 1.69 in those games. With a 6-3 record this season, and houston's poor record against lefties, the home side have their work cut out. Backe is not in form, last 3 starts are going in the opposite direction, with a 5.51 era. His 5-8 record this year shows 20 home runs out of 48 earned. That ratio is FAR too high, and with the high-scoring sox as opponents, it could very well get ugly.

good luck to all

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

I'll get in early with tomorrow's tip for anyone that is interested. There are a few games I don't like the look of for one reason or another, but I do think that at -132 Boston Red Sox represent a great bet against Houston. Boston have the lefty Jon Lester at the mound and with the form he is in at the moment they will be very confident. His last three innings have each seen him reach 7 innings and he is going at 1.69 in those games. With a 6-3 record this season, and houston's poor record against lefties, the home side have their work cut out. Backe is not in form, last 3 starts are going in the opposite direction, with a 5.51 era. His 5-8 record this year shows 20 home runs out of 48 earned. That ratio is FAR too high, and with the high-scoring sox as opponents, it could very well get ugly.

good luck to all

benno

BRUTAL. lost 10-11

Ledger now 11-11 -338

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

tomorrow have a few untouchable games for me, but the game i like throws up the Atlanta Braves as dogs against the Blue Jays.

I think that at +129 that Jo Jo Reyes is a good value bet as starting pitcher here - Reyes has a much better era on the road than at home, with a 1-2 record but just a 2.83 era. Coupled with Atlanta being the toughest team to score against in the league, and the second stingiest on the road, you can start to mount a case. Looking even deeper, Burnett of late has been absolutely belted, latest 3 era is 5.5, comparable to his season era of 5.07. at home he is a question mark, an era of 6.75. Another damning factor is that Burnett has not won against the Braves in last 5 starts. The cherry on top for mine is that in day games burnett goes at 8.04 and reyes is 1-0 with 3.52.

good luck to all

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

tomorrow have a few untouchable games for me, but the game i like throws up the Atlanta Braves as dogs against the Blue Jays.

I think that at +129 that Jo Jo Reyes is a good value bet as starting pitcher here - Reyes has a much better era on the road than at home, with a 1-2 record but just a 2.83 era. Coupled with Atlanta being the toughest team to score against in the league, and the second stingiest on the road, you can start to mount a case. Looking even deeper, Burnett of late has been absolutely belted, latest 3 era is 5.5, comparable to his season era of 5.07. at home he is a question mark, an era of 6.75. Another damning factor is that Burnett has not won against the Braves in last 5 starts. The cherry on top for mine is that in day games burnett goes at 8.04 and reyes is 1-0 with 3.52.

good luck to all

benno

LOSS 0-1.....two days in a row....surely it gets better before it gets worse??
Testing my patience.

11-12 -438

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

whilst i have been a bit stiff of late with the posts, i'm confident in tomorrow's fixture that i can find one winner. that winner will be Chicago White Sox hosting the Indians.

The White Sox have Gavin Floyd taking the mound, and they will be confident he can do the trick. His impressive 8-4 record is made up of 5-1 at home with an era of 2.7 and conceding just 17 earned runs from 56 innings pitched. His latest 3 games lean towards an improved showing after going above-average for the season posting a 4.42 era. With yesterday's win the momentum with the White Sox is gaining speed having won their last 4. Cleveland lost the series against Cincinnati at home so they will be out to make amends, but with a winless lefty in Sowers taking the mound it won't be this game. He's 0-3 and going at nearly 6, 6.6 on the road. Compunding the Indians' problems will be their 39% away record.

The -142 with my bookie looks good value. I don't like games with lower odds.

good luck

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

whilst i have been a bit stiff of late with the posts, i'm confident in tomorrow's fixture that i can find one winner. that winner will be Chicago White Sox hosting the Indians.

The White Sox have Gavin Floyd taking the mound, and they will be confident he can do the trick. His impressive 8-4 record is made up of 5-1 at home with an era of 2.7 and conceding just 17 earned runs from 56 innings pitched. His latest 3 games lean towards an improved showing after going above-average for the season posting a 4.42 era. With yesterday's win the momentum with the White Sox is gaining speed having won their last 4. Cleveland lost the series against Cincinnati at home so they will be out to make amends, but with a winless lefty in Sowers taking the mound it won't be this game. He's 0-3 and going at nearly 6, 6.6 on the road. Compunding the Indians' problems will be their 39% away record.

The -142 with my bookie looks good value. I don't like games with lower odds.

good luck

benno

Sweet. Finally get a good result was starting to wonder where the next win was coming from. 9-7 win. They were up 8-2 after 4. 12-12 -338

Gotta keep chipping away...

cheers

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Tomorrow I like Tampa Bay to keep their home advantage over Boston going.

Wakefield this season is 1-3 away, which is not going to help a team missing Ortiz in the batting lineup, against a team boasting an overall 31-13 home record and home era of a miserly 2.87. Wakefield does have the extra day's rest in comparison to garza, who is 4-1 at home this season, and last pitched all 9 innings in a 6-1 victory over the marlins, including 10 k's. The bays have won 4 out of last 5 and certainly have great momentum. At -111 I think it's not too bad a bet at all.

good luck

benno

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Tomorrow I like Tampa Bay to keep their home advantage over Boston going.

Wakefield this season is 1-3 away, which is not going to help a team missing Ortiz in the batting lineup, against a team boasting an overall 31-13 home record and home era of a miserly 2.87. Wakefield does have the extra day's rest in comparison to garza, who is 4-1 at home this season, and last pitched all 9 innings in a 6-1 victory over the marlins, including 10 k's. The bays have won 4 out of last 5 and certainly have great momentum. At -111 I think it's not too bad a bet at all.

good luck

benno

A hard-fought 3-1 victory against Wakefield's knuckleballs!!

Starting to get a bit of confidence now (i'm doing better since not playing the overs/unders)

The punting Gods must be warming to this aussie :houra

13-12 -238

benno1982

EOG Enthusiast

Tomorrow I like Baltimore hosting Kansas City. Plenty to suggest that the -123 with my bookie is a good bet.

Baltimore have Daniel Cabrera starting off, who pitched all 9 innings when recording a win last time he played the Royals, notching 7 strikeouts in the 4-1 victory. Cabrera will be better suited at home than his last couple of road assignments as he is 2-0 at Camden Yards this season. As a team Baltimore are successful against righties, 33-28 being the ledger. Kansas, however, really struggle, going at 24-35. If you add to that the recent history that Meche hasn't beaten the Orioles in his last 5 starts, and that Baltimore have won 8 of the last 10 clashes, the odds are stacked against Kansas City, a team having won just 19 of 44 road games. Meche is 3-4 this season away from home, and 3-5 at night, going at over 5 runs in those games. The cherry on top is baltimore at home are 23 wins and 13 losses, a 64% winning sr.

cheers

benno