Colo -11

Re: Colo -11

I can see different sides of the argument here. When you wait to make a play and it's already lost a little value, some people feel that's a long-term losing proposition since it's hard enough to win even when the line doesn't move against you. Then again, as long as you know a play is still worth making at the current line and will only close worse then some people think as long as they beat the closing line, it's a long-term winning play.

From my experience, with football it is not always worth jumping on early lines and tying up your money all week. Even if you lose a bit of value, by not betting early you still keep your right to "pass" on the play later in the week if you want. But if you bet early, you are stuck with your bet. The line might even get better for you, but you're still stuck with a worse number because you bet early.

In this case, was it worth a bit of lost value until being sure you wanted to bet on the play come gameday and having the most updated info possible? Absolutely. Especially if you bet big on these games. In basketball, it's a different story where every half point can really mean everything and you've got a shorter time window with lines only coming out a day before - there if you've lost value, that's more where you consider passing. But the world of football is about absorbing information all week and come gameday, if that's when shoe wants to make his move I'd say he knows what he's doing.