How did the big-10 get so bad?

mofome

Banned
Re: How did the big-10 get so bad?

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ebedde"><td class="V11">1994
</td> <td class="V11">Arkansas
</td> <td class="V11">Duke
</td> <td class="V11">77-72
</td> <td class="V11">Arizona
</td> <td class="V11">Florida
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1995
</td> <td class="V11">UCLA
</td> <td class="V11">Arkansas
</td> <td class="V11">89-78
</td> <td class="V11">North Carolina
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">1996
</td> <td class="V11">Kentucky
</td> <td class="V11">Syracuse
</td> <td class="V11">76-67
</td> <td class="V11">Massachusetts
</td> <td class="V11">Mississippi State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1997
</td> <td class="V11">84-79 (OT)
</td> <td class="V11">Minnesota
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">1998
</td> <td class="V11">Utah
</td> <td class="V11">78-69
</td> <td class="V11">Stanford
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1999
</td> <td class="V11">Connecticut
</td> <td class="V11">77-74
</td> <td class="V11">Michigan State
</td> <td class="V11">Ohio State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2000
</td> <td class="V11">Florida
</td> <td class="V11">89-76
</td> <td class="V11">Wisconsin
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2001
</td> <td class="V11">82-72
</td> <td class="V11">Maryland
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2002
</td> <td class="V11">Maryland
</td> <td class="V11">Indiana
</td> <td class="V11">64-52
</td> <td class="V11">Kansas
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2003
</td> <td class="V11">Syracuse
</td> <td class="V11">Kansas
</td> <td class="V11">81-78
</td> <td class="V11">Marquette
</td> <td class="V11">Texas
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2004
</td> <td class="V11">Connecticut
</td> <td class="V11">Georgia Tech
</td> <td class="V11">82-73
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2005
</td> <td class="V11">Illinois
</td> <td class="V11">75-70
</td> <td class="V11">Louisville
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2006</td> <td class="V11">Florida</td> <td class="V11">UCLA</td> <td class="V11">73-57</td> <td class="V11">LSU</td> <td class="V11">George Mason</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2007</td> <td class="V11">Florida</td> <td class="V11">Ohio State</td> <td class="V11">85-75</td> <td class="V11">UCLA</td> <td class="V11">Georgetown</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Last 14 years:

National Championships

SEC 5
ACC 3
Big East 3
Pac 10 2
Little 11 1

What am I missing here? Little 11 at the bottom of the major conference list of national basketball championships. SEC firmly at the top! Big East team hasn't even been in the final four since 2004.

:+clueless

game over

mofome

Banned

Sorry, I must be getting old. Two years ago a mediocre PSU team beat Tennessee.

2 years ago a mediocre arian foster fumbled for a 90 yard return for a td for psu when the vols were about to put the game away. flukes happen, that was one.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

i watch the big-10/acc challenge every year.

:pop:

yes and i watch the ACC come march but must watch quickly before they disappear. Might not be winning it all every year the last ten years, but big ten rakes in more than their fair share of tourney victories. hardly makes a conference overrated.

mofome

Banned

yes and i watch the ACC come march. Might not winning it all every year the last ten years but big ten rakes in tourney victories. hardly makes a conference overated.

overrated? did i claim they were? if i did, i misspoke. im not sure of many who rank them near the top in hoops.

Sorry, I must be getting old. Two years ago a mediocre PSU team beat Tennessee.

Tennessee has been on a steady decline for the past 10 years. No argument there. All this should change once Fulmer is fired in a few weeks, but this has nothing to do with the fact that The Little 11 is horrible again this year, with the exception of one average team in State Penn. The Little 11 seems to have one mediocre team stand out each year then crumble when they play a speedy team from a legitimate conference. The Little 11 has completely lost its luster and mojo, similar to my Vols. I don't think either of them will be down forever, but to ignore the fact they are both down, is just flat-out fucking ignorant.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

overrated? did i claim they were? if i did, i misspoke. im not sure of many who rank them near the top in hoops.

no you did not. and exactly they are not rated high and yet do well in the tourney. How one gets over rated out of that is beyond me.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

yes and i watch the ACC come march but must watch quickly before they disappear. Might not be winning it all every year the last ten years, but big ten rakes in more than their fair share of tourney victories. hardly makes a conference overrated.

:cheers

5 star bomb

EOG Master

OK. You mean the last 5 where the SEC-2, ACC-1, and Big East-2, won the National Championships. Your Little 11 is painfully absent again.

i never made this into a who won the national titles thread? I dont get what your trying to prove? I was just stating that Big Ten is a real good bball conference.

no you did not. and exactly they are not rated high and yet do well in the tourney. How one gets over rated out of that is beyond me.

The tournament committee has done a better job the last two years keeping the horrible teams from major conferences out of the tournament, but from around 1990-2005 there were several Big 10 teams getting in the tournament with basically .500 records going out in the first round. They were getting in because of the perception that they were in an elite conference, when in fact they were in a good conference, and in most people's minds outside of big 10 conference country overrated.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The way the Little 11 is declining, this will become the Little 11/MAC challenge once the current deal expires. You have already seen the SEC take over their spots on ESPN starting next year.

I consider college basketball to be my speciality in handicapping and knowledge and this comment couldn't be more wrong.

1. The ACC Big Ten challenge never works out because the elite teams don't always play the elite teams and the ACC is a better basketball conference, top-to-bottom, than the Big Ten. I would never debate that.

2. The SEC is an absolute joke in basketball. If you want to argue I'll gladly listen but that conference is a joke. The Big Ten and ACC are the two best college basketball conferences; Easily.

3. The Big East has 8 million teams so of course some will think they're the best conference. I'm a die hard Marquette fan and I'll say they're the third best conference.

4. The Big Ten has more deep runs than any conference in America. Please show me the stat for first, or second round, knockouts by conference because I'll be waiting. No conference has sent more teams to the final 4 in the last 10 years than the Big Ten.

5. No Conference has sent more different teams from their conference to the Final Four, 6, than the Big Ten.

The Big Ten gets outplayed early in the season by the ACC, but the ACC is a better conference. If you think that Big Ten basketball is on the decline then you're a fool. Purdue and OSU are on the up and Indiana will be back soon. Wisconsin and MSU have been national powers for a while and Illinois is headed back.

i never made this into a who won the national titles thread? I dont get what your trying to prove? I was just stating that Big Ten is a real good bball conference.

Ok. Good conference. But you certainly wouldn't rate them ahead of the following conferences based on the results of the last 5,10, or 15 years, would you?

SEC
Big East
ACC
Pac 10
Big 12

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

OK. You mean the last 5 where the SEC-2, ACC-1, and Big East-2, won the National Championships. Your Little 11 is painfully absent again.

Wow sweet. They played in two title games. What's your point? The National Champion does not show the strength of a conference. For example, the SEC blows as a basketball conference but Florida won it twice. Move along.

I consider college basketball to be my speciality in handicapping and knowledge and this comment couldn't be more wrong.

1. The ACC Big Ten challenge never works out because the elite teams don't always play the elite teams and the ACC is a better basketball conference, top-to-bottom, than the Big Ten. I would never debate that.

2. The SEC is an absolute joke in basketball. If you want to argue I'll gladly listen but that conference is a joke. The Big Ten and ACC are the two best college basketball conferences; Easily.

3. The Big East has 8 million teams so of course some will think they're the best conference. I'm a die hard Marquette fan and I'll say they're the third best conference.

4. The Big Ten has more deep runs than any conference in America. Please show me the stat for first, or second round, knockouts by conference because I'll be waiting. No conference has sent more teams to the final 4 in the last 10 years than the Big Ten.

5. No Conference has sent more different teams from their conference to the Final Four, 6, than the Big Ten.

The Big Ten gets outplayed early in the season by the ACC, but the ACC is a better conference. If you think that Big Ten basketball is on the decline then you're a fool. Purdue and OSU are on the up and Indiana will be back soon. Wisconsin and MSU have been national powers for a while and Illinois is headed back.

Why has the SEC produced the last two national champions and 5 of the last 14 then? And not a single one of these champions breezed through the conference season. They were battle tested every night and toughened up to the point that they could handle ANYBODY in the NCAA tournament. Just state the facts please. Leave out the pipe dreams and unsubstantiated dribble.

Why has this so-called Great basketball conference of yours only been able to win one National Championship in 14 years?

mofome

Banned

you said they are the best of the best. thats not the case.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Tennessee has been on a steady decline for the past 10 years. No argument there. All this should change once Fulmer is fired in a few weeks, but this has nothing to do with the fact that The Little 11 is horrible again this year, with the exception of one average team in State Penn. The Little 11 seems to have one mediocre team stand out each year then crumble when they play a speedy team from a legitimate conference. The Little 11 has completely lost its luster and mojo, similar to my Vols. I don't think either of them will be down forever, but to ignore the fact they are both down, is just flat-out fucking ignorant.

I'm sick of having this argument. PSU isn't a mediocre team just because OSU wasn't as good as advertised the last two seasons. NOT EVEN CLOSE. PSU also is just as fast, if not faster, than every team in the SEC this year. I've had this argument too many times. Stop repeating the same critique that OSU has received. PSU doesn't lack speed. Their receiving core is faster than every one in the SEC, their secondary has two DB's that run Sub 4.3 40's and their QB is faster than every QB in the SEC. Maybin, their top defensive end outside of Evans, runs a Sub 4.5 forty and their running backs are explosively fast.

Wow sweet. They played in two title games. What's your point? The National Champion does not show the strength of a conference. For example, the SEC blows as a basketball conference but Florida won it twice. Move along.

Are you one of 5-Blob's ghosts? Can we get an IP check please? I didn't think I would live long enough to find someone as idiotic and homered as him on this forum. Carry on. Leave the posting to the adults please or at least try to add something intelligent to the threads. That might be a real reach for you though!

I'm sick of having this argument. PSU isn't a mediocre team just because OSU wasn't as good as advertised the last two seasons. NOT EVEN CLOSE. PSU also is just as fast, if not faster, than every team in the SEC this year. I've had this argument too many times. Stop repeating the same critique that OSU has received. PSU doesn't lack speed. Their receiving core is faster than every one in the SEC, their secondary has two DB's that run Sub 4.3 40's and their QB is faster than every QB in the SEC. Maybin, their top defensive end outside of Evans, runs a Sub 4.5 forty and their running backs are explosively fast.

I won't go team by team to show your ignorance again, but Florida has 12 players that run sub 4.3 40's this year. There are SEC linebackers that run faster than Little 11 wide receivers.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why has the SEC produced the last two national champions and 5 of the last 14 then? And not a single one of these champions breezed through the conference season. They were battle tested every night and toughened up to the point that they could handle ANYBODY in the NCAA tournament. Just state the facts please. Leave out the pipe dreams and unsubstantiated dribble.

Why has this so-called Great basketball conference of yours only been able to win one National Championship in 14 years?

National Championships in college basketball do not show conference strength. I've been over this already. Not even close. If you follow college basketball you would know this.

Elite teams win the crown and those teams come and go. The strength of a conference is expressed by team wins in tournament play.

The SEC is the fourth best conference at best. I'm sorry but it's true. They've had some elite teams but, top-to-bottom, it's a very average conference. The doormats of that league are horrific and there just isn't any balance in the conference. If you can't see that the SEC isn't a top tier college basketball conference IDK what to tell you.

Let me add that I was a huge Tenn fan in basketball the last four years so I have watched a lot of the conference. Chris Lofton may be my favorite college player, outside of Wade, of all time. C-LOFT FOR THREE WITH THAT QUICK TRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

The tournament committee has done a better job the last two years keeping the horrible teams from major conferences out of the tournament, but from around 1990-2005 there were several Big 10 teams getting in the tournament with basically .500 records going out in the first round. They were getting in because of the perception that they were in an elite conference, when in fact they were in a good conference, and in most people's minds outside of big 10 conference country overrated.

does not add up....most tourney wins last ten years. Not Nc's as you have stated, but a solid battled tested league come tourney time. never does the big Ten have a slew of teams in the top 10 that fade out by the first weekend ala ACC. Nor top heavy with just two teams, Kentucky and Fla of late like the SEC.

Not overrated by any definiton of the word.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I won't go team by team to show your ignorance again, but Florida has 12 players that run sub 4.3 40's this year. There are SEC linebackers that run faster than Little 11 wide receivers.

Really 12 players? I'd like to see it. Did you know that Deion Sanders ran the fastest forty time at the combine, which isn't the fastest now, at 4.21? 12 players HAHAHAHA. I DIDN'T SAY AS A CONFERENCE! I SAID PSU. What is wrong with you people.

There isn't a linebacker in the SEC that is close to as fast as PSU's receiving core. God you sound like an idiot.

PSU has just as much team speed as any team in the SEC.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Are you one of 5-Blob's ghosts? Can we get an IP check please? I didn't think I would live long enough to find someone as idiotic and homered as him on this forum. Carry on. Leave the posting to the adults please or at least try to add something intelligent to the threads. That might be a real reach for you though!

Top to bottom their an average conference. They don't have nearly as many tournament wins in the past ten years as the Big Ten.

Florida is the only team that's been consistent over the last 5-10 years. Kentucky has fallen but will return. Outside of Kentucky and Florida that conference hasn't had a consistent winner in the last ten years. If you want to refute that then please do.

Georgia?
South Carolina?
Tenn? - On the Up and Up. See how they recover when they lose all their talent in the next year.

Vandy? Got lucky with a great player and will fall back to mediocrity. Exposed as a soft team in the tournament.

Bama? - Had a chance to become a power but Steele's issues screwed them.

Arkansas?
Auburn?
LSU? - A fraud for couple years.
Miss State? - Thugs but talented. Have a great coach and could rise.
Miss? Terrible.

Big Ten.

MSU
Illinois
OSU
Indiana
Purdue
Wiscy

Will all be top 25 teams this year.

mofome

Banned

Fastest 40 Yard Times

4.24 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999
4.28 - Jerome Mathis, (WR), Hampton - 2005
4.28 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999
4.29 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005
4.29 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
4.29 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005
4.30 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007
4.30 - Darrent Williams, (CB), Oklahoma State - 2005
4.31 - *Johnathan Joseph, (CB), South Carolina - 2006
4.31 - Aaron Lockett, (WR), Kansas State - 2002
4.31 - Santana Moss, (WR), Miami - 2001
4.32 - *Troy Williamson, (WR), South Carolina - 2005
4.32 - *Chad Jackson, (WR), Florida - 2006
4.32 - Jason Hill (WR), Washington State - 2007
4.32 - Tim Jennings, (CB), Georgia - 2006
4.32 - Chris McKenzie, (CB), Arizona State - 2005
4.32 - Tim Carter, (WR), Auburn - 2002
4.32 - Kevin Garrett, (CB), Southern Methodist - 2003
4.32 - Antwan Harris, (CB), Virginia - 2000
4.33 - Carlos Francis, (WR), Texas Tech - 2004
4.33 - Karsten Bailey, (WR), Auburn - 1999
4.33 - Chris Chambers, (WR), Wisconsin - 2001
4.34 - *Ahmad Carroll, (CB), Arkansas - 2004
4.34 - Domonique Foxworth, (CB), Maryland - 2005
4.34 - Tyrone Calico, (WR), Middle Tennessee State - 2003
Most 225 Pound Reps

51 - Justin Ernest, (DT), Eastern Kentucky - 1999
45 - Mike Kudla, (DE), Ohio State - 2006
45 - Leif Larsen, (DT), Texas-El Paso - 2000
44 - Brodrick Bunkley, (DT), Florida State - 2006
43 - Scott Young, (OG), BYU - 2005
42 - Tank Tyler (DT), North Carolina State - 2007
42 - Isaac Sopoaga, (DT), Hawaii - 2004
41 - Terna Nande, (OLB), Miami (OHIO) - 2006
41 - *Igor Olshansky, (DT), Oregon - 2004
40 - Zach Piller, (OT), Florida - 1999
40 - Justin Blalock (OG), Texas - 2007
40 - Manny Ramirez (OG), Texas Tech - 2007
38 - Tony Pashos, (OT), Illinois - 2003
38 - Craig Page, (C), Georgia Tech - 1999
38 - Jeff Smith, (C), Wyoming - 1999
37 - *Wayne Hunter, (OT), Hawaii - 2003
37 - *Haloti Ngata, (DT), Oregon - 2006
37 - Roberto Garza, (C), Texas AM-Kingsville - 2001
37 - Victor Leyva, (OG), Arizona State - 2001
37 - Moran Norris, (FB), Kansas - 2001
36 - Gabe Watson, (DT), Michigan - 2006
36 - *Vince Wilfork, (DT), Miami - 2004
36 - Liam Ezekiel, (ILB), Northeastern - 2005
36 - Scott Peters, (C), Arizona State - 2002
36 - Makoa Freitas, (OG), Arizona - 2003
Best Vertical Jump

46 - Gerald Sensabaugh, (FS), North Carolina - 2005
45 1/2 - Derek Wake, (OLB), Penn State - 2005
45 - Chris McKenzie, (CB), Arizona State - 2005
45 - Chris Chambers, (WR), Wisconsin - 2001
43 1/2 - Dustin Fox, (FS), Ohio State - 2005
43 1/2 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
43 1/2 - Kevin Kasper, (WR), Iowa - 2001
43 1/2 - Jerry Azumah, (RB), New Hampshire - 1999
43 - Scott Starks, (CB), Wisconsin - 2005
43 - Cedric James, (WR), TCU - 2001
42 1/2 - Jonathan Carter, (WR), Troy - 2001
42 1/2 - Nate Burleson, (WR), Nevada - 2003
42 1/2 - Brock Williams, (CB), Notre Dame - 2001
42 - Kerry Rhodes, (FS), Louisville - 2005
42 - Ellis Hobbs, (CB), Iowa State - 2005
42 - *William Green, (RB), Boston College - 2002
42 - *Vernon Davis, (TE), Maryland - 2006
42 - Mark Anderson, (DE), Alabama - 2006
42 - Boss Bailey, (OLB), Georgia - 2003
42 - Scott Fujita, (OLB), California - 2002
42 - Raonall Smith, (OLB), Washington State - 2002
42 - Rashad Holman, (CB), Louisville - 2001
42 - Santana Moss, (WR), Miami - 2001
42 - Pierson Prioleau, (FS), Virginia Tech - 1999
41 1/2 - Reuben Houston, (CB), Georgia Tech - 2006
Fastest 10 Yard Times

1.43 - Aundrae Allison (WR), East Carolina - 2007
1.43 - Eric Weddle (SS), Utah - 2007
1.43 - Marcus McCauley (CB), Fresno State - 2007
1.45 - Leon Hall (CB), Michigan - 2007
1.46 - Colin Branch, (FS), Stanford - 2003
1.46 - Kenny Scott (CB), Georgia Tech - 2007
1.46 - Josh Wilson (CB), Maryland - 2007
1.46 - Brandon McDonald (CB), Memphis - 2007
1.46 - *Reggie Nelson (FS), Florida - 2007
1.46 - Lorenzo Booker (RB), Florida State - 2007
1.46 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005
1.46 - Tarell Brown (CB), Texas - 2007
1.46 - Laurent Robinson (WR), Illinois State - 2007
1.46 - Steve Smith (WR), Southern Cal - 2007
1.46 - Anthony Arline (CB), Baylor - 2007
1.47 - *Sidney Rice (WR), South Carolina - 2007
1.47 - LaRon Landry (FS), LSU - 2007
1.47 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
1.47 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999
1.47 - Justin Fargas, (RB), Southern Cal - 2003
1.47 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007
1.47 - DeShawn Wynn (RB), Florida - 2007
1.48 - Tim Jennings, (CB), Georgia - 2006
1.48 - Sinorice Moss, (WR), Miami - 2006
1.48 - Domonique Foxworth, (CB), Maryland - 2005
1.48 - Antwan Harris, (CB), Virginia - 2000
1.48 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999
Fastest 20-Yard Shuttle Times

3.73 - Kevin Kasper, (WR), Iowa - 2001
3.76 - Deion Branch, (WR), Louisville - 2002
3.78 - Dunta Robinson, (CB), South Carolina - 2004
3.79 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999
3.82 - Dante' Hall, (RB), Texas A&M - 2000
3.83 - Jason Allen, (FS), Tennessee - 2006
3.83 - Kevin Bentley, (OLB), NorthWestern - 2002
3.83 - Terence Newman, (CB), Kansas State - 2003
3.84 - Justin Beriault, (FS), Ball State - 2005
3.84 - Carlos Rogers, (CB), Auburn - 2005
3.84 - Troy Walters, (WR), Stanford - 2000
3.85 - Rashad Holman, (CB), Louisville - 2001
3.86 - Creig Spann, (WR), Arizona State - 1999
3.86 - Matt Graham, (SS), Indiana State - 1999
3.86 - Kevin Brooks, (CB), South Carolina - 1999
3.86 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999
3.86 - Kevin Johnson, (WR), Syracuse - 1999
3.86 - Jason Hebert, (FS), Rice - 2002
3.86 - Jerry Azumah, (RB), New Hampshire - 1999
3.86 - Chris Watson, (CB), Eastern Illinois - 1999
3.87 - Randy Fasani, (QB), Stanford - 2002
3.87 - Coy Wire, (SS), Stanford - 2002
3.88 - Ryan Tolhurst, (WR), Richmond - 2002
3.88 - Kevin Curtis, (FS), Texas Tech - 2002
3.88 - Kendrick Starling, (WR), San Jose State - 2004
Fastest Three Cone Drill Times

6.45 - Sedrick Curry, (CB), Texas A&M - 2000
6.48 - Rogers Beckett, (FS), Marshall - 2000
6.49 - Carlos Rogers, (CB), Auburn - 2005
6.50 - Leon Hall (CB), Michigan - 2007
6.51 - Jon McGraw, (SS), Kansas State - 2002
6.54 - *Anthony Gonzalez (WR), Ohio State - 2007
6.56 - Ben Taylor, (ILB), Virginia Tech - 2002
6.56 - Kevin Kasper, (WR), Iowa - 2001
6.60 - Trent Gamble, (FS), Wyoming - 2000
6.60 - Marcus Griffin (SS), Texas - 2007
6.61 - Courtney Roby, (WR), Indiana - 2005
6.61 - Troy Walters, (WR), Stanford - 2000
6.61 - Marcus McCauley (CB), Fresno State - 2007
6.62 - Coy Wire, (SS), Stanford - 2002
6.62 - Dante' Hall, (RB), Texas A&M - 2000
6.62 - Johnnie Lee Higgins (WR), Texas-El Paso - 2007
6.63 - Ketric Sanford, (RB), Houston - 2000
6.63 - Matt Farmer, (WR), Air Force - 2000
6.63 - *Ben Kelly, (CB), Colorado - 2000
6.64 - Keith Brown, (RB), UCLA - 2000
6.64 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005
6.64 - Tye Hill, (CB), Clemson - 2006
6.64 - Demarcus ***gins, (CB), Kansas State - 2002
6.65 - Ryan Tolhurst, (WR), Richmond - 2002
6.65 - Omare Lowe, (CB), Washington - 2002
6.65 - Herb Haygood, (WR), Michigan State - 2002

Top to bottom their an average conference. They don't have nearly as many tournament wins in the past ten years as the Big Ten.

Florida is the only team that's been consistent over the last 5-10 years. Kentucky has fallen but will return. Outside of Kentucky and Florida that conference hasn't had a consistent winner in the last ten years. If you want to refute that then please do.

Georgia?
South Carolina?
Tenn? - On the Up and Up. See how they recover when they lose all their talent in the next year.

Vandy? Got lucky with a great player and will fall back to mediocrity. Exposed as a soft team in the tournament.

Bama? - Had a chance to become a power but Steele's issues screwed them.

Arkansas?
Auburn?
LSU? - A fraud for couple years.
Miss State? - Thugs but talented. Have a great coach and could rise.
Miss? Terrible.

Big Ten.

MSU
Illinois
OSU
Indiana
Purdue
Wiscy

Will all be top 25 teams this year.

Indiana WILL NOT be a top 25 team at any time this year. FACT.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Indiana WILL NOT be a top 25 team at any time this year. FACT.

HAHAHA. Didn't mean to put them up there. Got all caught up. They'll be lucky to win 10 games. They are similar to Kentucky. Will be back.

Also Mo - Primetimes time came at a work out I guess. What do you mean those are the fastest? Didn't you know Florida had 12 guys ALONE that ran sub 4.3's. HAHAHA

mofome

Banned

HAHAHA. Didn't mean to put them up there. Got all caught up. They'll be lucky to win 10 games. They are similar to Kentucky. Will be back.

Also Mo - Primetimes time came at a work out I guess. What do you mean those are the fastest? Didn't you know Florida had 12 guys ALONE that ran sub 4.3's. HAHAHA

those are the recorded combine records. fastest ever i believe is d green 4.09

mofome

Banned

fla does not have 12 players that run a sub 4.3, they do have the fastest football team in the country though, nfl or college.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

lose all their talent in the next year? lol some people are funny.

Once they lose all their Smiths' haha, I want to see how they recover. I love Tennessee basketball. I love Bruce Pearl but we'll see how they are once JaJuan is gone.

I think Prince has a chance to be the best player on the team this year. People underestimate how good of a leader Lofton was. With out him they may not be able to hold together all the talent.

fla does not have 12 players that run a sub 4.3, they do have the fastest football team in the country though, nfl or college.

This was quoted by the announcers during the Fla/LSU pregame show. They added that Meyer has built the fastest team in the history of college football and is adding even more speed to next year's team.

mofome

Banned

Once they lose all their Smiths' haha, I want to see how they recover. I love Tennessee basketball. I love Bruce Pearl but we'll see how they are once JaJuan is gone.

I think Prince has a chance to be the best player on the team this year. People underestimate how good of a leader Lofton was. With out him they may not be able to hold together all the talent.

jajuan is gone. 2 smiths are gone. 1 smith is there. they never recruited well before while now they are recruiting on an elite level. the vols talent level is getting much better. the vols are landing better recruits than ever right now. the #5 recruit in the nation is on campus right now (biggest in uts history) and they have a committ from the #7 player in the nation for 2 years from now.

I think prince is a deecnt 6th man, but the best player will be tyler smith by a long shot. from there i hope hopson and maze are great additions as everyone expects them to be.

jajuan is gone. 2 smiths are gone. 1 smith is there. they never recruited well before while now they are recruiting on an elite level. the vols talent level is getting much better. the vols are landing better recruits than ever right now. the #5 recruit in the nation is on campus right now (biggest in uts history) and they have a committ from the #7 player in the nation for 2 years from now.

I think prince is a deecnt 6th man, but the best player will be tyler smith by a long shot. from there i hope hopson and maze are great additions as everyone expects them to be.

bruce pearl shouldve took the IU job when he had a chance...now crean gets to take his shine!