:+clueless

WVU

EOG Master
Re: How did the big-10 get so bad?

you left out Penn State, but yeah the conference is not what it used to be

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

The game changed and passed us by. We got all these big oafs for off weather conditions and the spread has left us in the dust.

last conference in the nation to adopt the spread. And it shows, big time.

The schools are too big and have too much money to be down forever. College ball is cyclical, they will probably be back in the next 5 years.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Talent comes from Florida, Texas, and Cali. Nothing left for those midwest schools. All the cream of the crop have been spoken for already. Amazing what Penn St. has done.

Penn State is the class of the league this year, I wonder if they would be .500 in the Big 12 or SEC. We'll never know, but I couldn't see them winning any road games.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Penn State is the class of the league this year, I wonder if they would be .500 in the Big 12 or SEC. We'll never know, but I couldn't see them winning any road games.

Wonder if they'd be .500. OMG are you kidding? What is wrong with some of you people. PSU stunk last year and beat Tenn who wasn't horrible in the SEC last year and the SEC was better last year.

PSU's offense is dynamite. Tough to continue to argue with outlandish comments like this.

Also how have they been down for 10 years? Are you on drugs? Michigan State was the best college basketball program, arguably, for an extended period of time. Illinois was a very good program under Self. Indiana was a very good program and you think they are overrated in basketball? HAHAHA. In football OSU has 2 national titles in the last 10 years and outside of the last two years they've been dynamite in football.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

glad IU wasnt in that list...CREAN OF THE CROP!

Crean's an asshole and a traitor :finger004. I'm a big Marquette fan and he's an absolute idiot. He left a school with all his seniors still attending and a chance at a National Title to go somewhere that he'd be lucky to win 10 games this year. Crean can kiss my ass.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

I think the conference as a whole has been extremely overrated in football and basketball for at least 10 years.

As stated before i don't go for all this my team sucks lets go conference rah rah stuff but you are way way way wide right regarding basketball.

Look up NCAA tourney wins the last 10 years by conference.

mofome

Banned

As stated before i don't go for all this my team sucks lets go conference rah rah stuff but you are way way way wide right regarding basketball.

Look up NCAA tourney wins the last 10 years by conference.

i watch the big-10/acc challenge every year.

:pop:

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Big Ten is the best all sround major sports conference... by far best at basketball year in and year out. Football is on a small decline right now but it will be back there is no doubt about that. Rich Rodriguez will have Michigan as a powerhouse once he gets another year of his recruits coming in. Illini are on the rise with Zook's recruiting

mofome

Banned

Big Ten is the best all sround major sports conference... by far best at basketball year in and year out. Football is on a small decline right now but it will be back there is no doubt about that. Rich Rodriguez will have Michigan as a powerhouse once he gets another year of his recruits coming in. Illini are on the rise with Zook's recruiting

the big ten bites the big one. the big ten gets trashed by the acc in hoops every single year. not some years, every year.

Wonder if they'd be .500. OMG are you kidding? What is wrong with some of you people. PSU stunk last year and beat Tenn who wasn't horrible in the SEC last year and the SEC was better last year.

PSU's offense is dynamite. Tough to continue to argue with outlandish comments like this.

Also how have they been down for 10 years? Are you on drugs? Michigan State was the best college basketball program, arguably, for an extended period of time. Illinois was a very good program under Self. Indiana was a very good program and you think they are overrated in basketball? HAHAHA. In football OSU has 2 national titles in the last 10 years and outside of the last two years they've been dynamite in football.

You really shouldn't post if you are going to make yourself look this bad. The only Little 11 team Tennessee played last year was Wisconsin and Tennessee gave the Badgerettes a physical beating for 60 minutes.

And as far as basketball, no major conference has had as many first and second round losers as the Big Ten in the last 10 years. They usually do have one good team that makes it far in the tournament but also have three of four that didn't even deserve to be in the tournament and get bounced on their ass early, hence the overrated part.

watch out purdue basketball...they might be legit this year...

michigan lost their swagger and wont be a powerhouse in the next three years

zook's cheating = ill rise

big east basketball > big 10 basketball

i watch the big-10/acc challenge every year.

The way the Little 11 is declining, this will become the Little 11/MAC challenge once the current deal expires. You have already seen the SEC take over their spots on ESPN starting next year.

You really shouldn't post if you are going to make yourself look this bad. The only Little 11 team Tennessee played last year was Wisconsin and Tennessee gave the Badgerettes a physical beating for 60 minutes.

And as far as basketball, no major conference has had as many first and second round losers as the Big Ten in the last 10 years. They usually do have one good team that makes it far in the tournament but also have three of four that didn't even deserve to be in the tournament and get bounced on their ass early, hence the overrated part.

wiscy hung w/ tenn give them credit! they had the edge in almost every stat in that game!

wiscy hung w/ tenn give them credit! they had the edge in almost every stat in that game!

The final score and late yardage gained by Wisconsin skewed the final box score. Tennessee pushed Wisky around like a bunch of sissies. I guess you didn't watch the game.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

the big ten bites the big one. the big ten gets trashed by the acc in hoops every single year. not some years, every year.

I guess you havent paid much attention to March Madness then over the past decade... Big 10 is the best bball conference. Big East is #1 right now at the current time

mofome

Banned

I guess you havent paid much attention to March Madness then over the past decade... Big 10 is the best bball conference. Big East is #1 right now at the current time

i watch the acc go head to head with the big-10 every single year and its a joke every single year.

The final score and late yardage gained by Wisconsin skewed the final box score. Tennessee pushed Wisky around like a bunch of sissies. I guess you didn't watch the game.

wasnt it a close game going into the half? if i remember there wasnt much offense in the 2nd half? :+clueless i started freaking at the score b/c i had tenn/wisc under in this parlay that hit that day...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i watch the acc go head to head with the big-10 every single year and its a joke every single year.

Yea I watch it every year too... too bad the beginning of the season doesnt mean anything for March Madness

mofome

Banned

lol...not tenn/wisc football...if i remember correctly i was watching the mizzou/ark game and the florida/michigan games over that one...

well then you should have said that instead of stating that wisc dominated anything.

vols up 21-7 coasted the rest of the way. more yards, more points, more ypp...
come on now

<table width="95%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ebedde"><td class="V11">1994
</td> <td class="V11">Arkansas
</td> <td class="V11">Duke
</td> <td class="V11">77-72
</td> <td class="V11">Arizona
</td> <td class="V11">Florida
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1995
</td> <td class="V11">UCLA
</td> <td class="V11">Arkansas
</td> <td class="V11">89-78
</td> <td class="V11">North Carolina
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">1996
</td> <td class="V11">Kentucky
</td> <td class="V11">Syracuse
</td> <td class="V11">76-67
</td> <td class="V11">Massachusetts
</td> <td class="V11">Mississippi State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1997
</td> <td class="V11">84-79 (OT)
</td> <td class="V11">Minnesota
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">1998
</td> <td class="V11">Utah
</td> <td class="V11">78-69
</td> <td class="V11">Stanford
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">1999
</td> <td class="V11">Connecticut
</td> <td class="V11">77-74
</td> <td class="V11">Michigan State
</td> <td class="V11">Ohio State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2000
</td> <td class="V11">Florida
</td> <td class="V11">89-76
</td> <td class="V11">Wisconsin
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2001
</td> <td class="V11">82-72
</td> <td class="V11">Maryland
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2002
</td> <td class="V11">Maryland
</td> <td class="V11">Indiana
</td> <td class="V11">64-52
</td> <td class="V11">Kansas
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2003
</td> <td class="V11">Syracuse
</td> <td class="V11">Kansas
</td> <td class="V11">81-78
</td> <td class="V11">Marquette
</td> <td class="V11">Texas
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2004
</td> <td class="V11">Connecticut
</td> <td class="V11">Georgia Tech
</td> <td class="V11">82-73
</td> <td class="V11">Oklahoma State
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2005
</td> <td class="V11">Illinois
</td> <td class="V11">75-70
</td> <td class="V11">Louisville
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ebedde"> <td class="V11">2006</td> <td class="V11">Florida</td> <td class="V11">UCLA</td> <td class="V11">73-57</td> <td class="V11">LSU</td> <td class="V11">George Mason</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e3e2cf"> <td class="V11">2007</td> <td class="V11">Florida</td> <td class="V11">Ohio State</td> <td class="V11">85-75</td> <td class="V11">UCLA</td> <td class="V11">Georgetown</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Last 14 years:

National Championships

SEC 5
ACC 3
Big East 3
Pac 10 2
Little 11 1

What am I missing here? Little 11 at the bottom of the major conference list of national basketball championships. SEC firmly at the top! Big East team hasn't even been in the final four since 2004.

:+clueless

You were just completely pwned in the previous post, 5-Blob. How about acknowledging it?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Sorry, I must be getting old. Two years ago a mediocre PSU team beat Tennessee.