Do you believe in God?

Re: Do you believe in God?

I do, but I also believe that human beings have ZERO understanding about this "higher power" and we were never meant to have any.

I sense a Pioneer visit - although, he may have given EOG up for lent. 12io4j2w90

You are a good representative of a Christian (I even capitalized it for you out of respect). Pioneer on the other hand, aint close. 12io4j2w90

I dont even need to answer the question in the thread title as I am sure everyone and their dog knows my views. :newsmile055:

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Hitler claimed to be "reborn" and sooo did Bush ....

I see Warner praising Christ and want to throw up ...

Pat Robertson supports abortion and ran an MLM scam and keeps 90%
of the money they raise on telethons

Ted Haggard ran the Bush Monday AM Prayer services in the Wh and was
ass banging his Male Meth dealer and was making 5 yr old kids pray to
cardboard figures of George Bush

2 things in life: The Religion crowd and Gays ... do your thing but keep it
in your own small world

George Carlin and Bill Maher are 2 fellas I've come to respect as I went to a Catholic HS/ College and most of the Priests are sexual predators and go read David Kuo's book called TEMPTING FAITH on how the Evangelical base got conned into voting for Bush 2 times

It is a great book and makes ya realize the religious crowd is as gullible as it gets

High Times

EOG Master

God does indeed exist and he (or she) is in control of your life every second of the day.

We live in a country that controls it's people through religious laws and for that it doesn't matter if your an atheist you have to live a religious life to a great degree.

The human mind has by itself put God on this planet. When 5 billion believe in this God "that invented a mess of a world and must love it when his people suffer" When so many people have engraved this picture of a "Creator" or God in their minds and millions and millions give their only lives away to this "Idea" then again God does exist and he exist to an extent that should blow the mind of any sane human.

The "idea" of the world having a Creator is smart because something has created this world and everything that comes from it, but it doesn't point to a single "human like" God that controls everything.

But God does exist. But his existence is only in the minds that want him to exist. And it's has gone so far as to dictate the way we are controlled and that might be the reason it was invented in the first place.

It's mind control to the highest degree.

Do you believe in an actual god, like a physical and very much alive homo sapien, or is your god a mythical belief that 'someone, somewhere.....OUT THERE" is watching over you?

Thanks

I believe in the God in the Bible. Having not been brought up in any church or with any specific denomination or faith, I took it upon myself to read the Bible on my own - to see what it said to me, not the interpretation fo the closest clergy.
I don;t espouse a denominational religion, but I believe there is a God, a supreme being who knows us and wants us to know Him. My faith some days is as easy as being able to see, yet having zero idea how my own eyes work. Some days faith is as difficult as "why me"?

Hope that helps?

tripp

EOG Master

Not at all. To me there is nothing more silly than religion.

To me it's like this: Even if there is, why should I care? Does it effect my life at all knowing if there is or not? Nope, so I have zero interest in the topic. Anybody can write a silly book and make it an official religion. All that shit is are different opinions about a pretty useless topic.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I believe in the God in the Bible. Having not been brought up in any church or with any specific denomination or faith, I took it upon myself to read the Bible on my own - to see what it said to me, not the interpretation fo the closest clergy.
I don;t espouse a denominational religion, but I believe there is a God, a supreme being who knows us and wants us to know Him. My faith some day is as easy as being able to see, yet having zero idea how my own eyes work. Some days faith is as difficult as "why me"?

Hope that helps?

So, you think that there's a homo sapien sitting up in the clouds somewhere that's defying all gravity and logic? Is this homo sapien living in Kansas?

Or, are you saying that your 'supreme being' isn't actually a homo sapien?

Its just so confusing.

High Times

EOG Master

The real problem I have with believing in a God is it is a very selfish thing to want.

I would love for a god to exist, but for a strange reason.

Deep down most humans are scared to die. Having a supreme being that can save you is obviously something that can be too good to be true, right?

I mean if believing in God and or Jesus can extend your existence then how can you pass that up? But that's the problem with it all.

We die and it's over. No big deal if you live your life to the fullest.

Sucks if you spend even 1 minute thing about death. And thinking about God is doing that exact thing. How can so many humans be so worried about death when you can't do a thing about it?

That I don't understand.

And for that single reason I think religious humans are screwed up in their heads and don't really want to die and God gives them a way out.

It's too good to be true and it's no wonder so many humans accept God with open arms. Why wouldn't they?

Nobody wants to die

ouch

EOG Dedicated

You believe or you don't. Nobody really has a clue. I am sure that if Sportgirl or Pioneer had been born in Saudi Arabia, they would believe that the Koran is the word of God, and that Allah is the one true god.

The best you can hope for in this lifetime, is to treat people the way you want to be treated. If there is a God, she will appreciate it.

Anyway, everybody knows that Maynard is God.

railbird

EOG Master

FK,

IF you were to communicate with ants what would be the best way? maybe to become an ant.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You believe or you don't. Nobody really has a clue. I am sure that if Sportgirl or Pioneer had been born in Saudi Arabia, they would believe that the Koran is the word of God, and that Allah is the one true god.

The best you can hope for in this lifetime, is to treat people the way you want to be treated. If there is a God, she will appreciate it.

Anyway, everybody knows that Maynard is God.

I think the believers should try and educate the skeptics. After all, if god is living in Topeka, Kn and Sportsgirl knows his address, isn't it her obligation to tell us? :+clueless

ouch

EOG Dedicated

I think the believers should try and educate the skeptics. After all, if god is living in Topeka, Kn and Sportsgirl knows his address, isn't it her obligation to tell us? :+clueless

She believes it in her heart. She can't prove it to anybody.

They have been arguing this for thousands of years, and nobody has figured it out yet. Don't count on it happening soon.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

She believes it in her heart. She can't prove it to anybody.

They have been arguing this for thousands of years, and nobody has figured it out yet. Don't count on it happening soon.

I believe in my heart that i'm going to replace Andrew Bynum and be the center for the Los Angeles Lakers. I believe that in my heart its going to happen. Flamingo Kid from EOG is going to dunk over KG in the NBA finals.

Can i convince you this is going to happen, or do you have to see it with your own eyes to believe it?

ouch

EOG Dedicated

If I had to believe in higher beings, I would believe more in the many gods of ancient Greece or Rome. Those gods were in constant conflict with each other, and that would explain the constant turmoil here on earth.

It is as good as any other fairy tale.

The scariest thing that man can contemplate (other than the return of Journeyman to this forum) is that when we die, THAT'S IT.

The only fly in the ointment to non-believers, is how the universe got started. Every process has one beginning point. What was it? We really have no clue.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If I had to believe in higher beings, I would believe more in the many gods of ancient Greece or Rome. Those gods were in constant conflict with each other, and that would explain the constant turmoil here on earth.

It is as good as any other fairy tale.

The scariest thing that man can contemplate (other than the return of Journeyman to this forum) is that when we die, THAT'S IT.

The only fly in the ointment to non-believers, is how the universe got started. Every process has one beginning point. What was it? We really have no clue.

I miss J man.

:+crying-5

I don't think God lives in Kansas, FK, but perhaps he visits?

Faith is a personal thing and I can tell you that if you are looking, seeking that is, your best bet is the Bible. Read it for yourself, on your own.

Romans 10:17: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Also, the Bible talks about faith without "seeing" - which is what faith is all about.

John 20:29: Jesus said to him, ?Thomas,<SUP class=footnote value='[d]'>[d]</SUP> because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.?

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

I just take over 600 words on the Munchkin Man's "feeback"

Greetings Doc Mercer:

The Munchkin Man will spare you and the Munchkin Man's other devoted and loyal readers the 600 words.

Let it suffice to say that the Munchkin Man does believe in God and Jesus Christ as described in the Holy Bible.

The Munchkin Man believes that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for the Munchkin Man's sins.

That goes for your sins too.

The Munchkin Man has accepted God's gift of salvation by receiving Jesus Christ as his Personal Savior.

Although the Munchkin Man is a Christian, the Munchkin Man will be the first to admit that the Munchkin Man is not always a good Christian.

The Munchkin Man has a long way to go and a lot of work to do on his personal growth in the Christian faith.

For further information, the Munchkin Man will refer you to the following:

http://www.allaboutgod.com/how-to-become-a-christian.htm

With Prayers,

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Pat Robertson supports abortion

To Doc Mercer:

Please forgive the Munchkin Man for correcting you once again on this point:

http://www.patrobertson.com/teaching/shallnotmurder.asp

Read for yourself.

Direct from Pat Robertson himself and his official web site:
_____

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In my opinion, abortion is murder. Once you begin to understand that the taking of an innocent life is murder, then that raises the bar from a 'constitutional right' to something that needs to be stopped." (Pat Robertson)[/FONT]
_____

With Blessings,

Munchkin Man

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I don't think God lives in Kansas, FK, but perhaps he visits?

Faith is a personal thing and I can tell you that if you are looking, seeking that is, your best bet is the Bible. Read it for yourself, on your own.

Romans 10:17: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Also, the Bible talks about faith without "seeing" - which is what faith is all about.

John 20:29: Jesus said to him, ?Thomas,<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href="http://forums.eog.com/#fen-NKJV-26891d" target="_blank">d</a>]">[d]</sup> because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.?
SG, I think you know me to be a non-believer. However let's assume that the Bible is indeed 100% fact. Now besides the fact that I don't believe therefore don't go to church,confess sins,pray etc., let's assume that I live mostly by the Bible's preachings. Another words generally speaking I treat people better than I expect them to treat me, way more of a giver than a taker, and just and all around good guy ( we are still assuming here:+textinb3). Do you think God would except me on judgement day as he would a true Christian or would the fact that I'm a non-believer be too much of a no-no? Would He possibly even see me in a higher light being that He knows that I was a good guy just to be a good guy as apposed to the Christians that are good people partial because of their fear of God (not saying that is the case with any Christian here but just assuming it's possible)?

SG, I think you know me to be a non-believer. However let's assume that the Bible is indeed 100% fact. Now besides the fact that I don't believe therefore don't go to church,confess sins,pray etc., let's assume that I live mostly by the Bible's preachings. Another words generally speaking I treat people better than I expect them to treat me, way more of a giver than a taker, and just and all around good guy ( we are still assuming here:+textinb3). Do you think God would except me on judgement day as he would a true Christian or would the fact that I'm a non-believer be too much of a no-no? Would He possibly even see me in a higher light being that He knows that I was a good guy just to be a good guy as apposed to the Christians that are good people partial because of their fear of God (not saying that is the case with any Christian here but just assuming it's possible)?

Sorry Cabbie. You got NO SHOT of entering the pearly gates my man. Acts alone do not get you into heaven brother. Only one way in my friend, and that is to accept jesus christ as your personal lord and savior.

Hate to ruin your day. 12io4j2w90

Good and interesting question, Ray. If indeed the Bible is the Word of God - as I only came to believe after reading it on my own - then it goes about like this:
You believe, repent and get baptized. upon you baptism - as a believeing repenting adult - you receive the Lord's holy Spirit. It is this Spirit the Lord recognized upon your death.
However, while the Old Testament was all about "rule" ie the 10 comandments, the New Testament is about faith and the Lord knowing your heart. I would never presume to know the mind of the Lord, but I do believe He knows each of our hearts.

Sorry Cabbie. You got NO SHOT of entering the pearly gates my man. Acts alone do not get you into heaven brother. Only one way in my friend, and that is to accept jesus christ as your personal lord and savior.

Hate to ruin your day. 12io4j2w90

Unfortunely for some, that phrase isn't actually in the Bible. When asked what to do to be saved, after they had asked for the death of the Christ, here is the answer given:

Acts 2: <SUP>36</SUP> ?Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.?
<SUP class=versenum id=en-NKJV-26981 value="37">37</SUP> Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, ?Men and brethren, what shall we do??
<SUP class=versenum id=en-NKJV-26982 value="38">38</SUP> Then Peter said to them, ?Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. <SUP class=versenum id=en-NKJV-26983 value="39">39</SUP> For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.?

1. I don't care how much "good" stuff you do, you still can't go to heaven. You are dead in tresspasses and sins. Your good deeds do not commend you to God in any way. You've ignored Him chosing to live life the way YOU see fit.
  2. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

3. According to the above verse, we still come up short even when we try to do good deeds BECAUSE we are not doing them under God's authority. We do them cause WE think they are good. We ignore what God says.
    "But I never killed anybody and I'm not a dope addict!" You're still a spiritual crook. You have broken the GREATEST COMMANDMENT IN THE BIBLE and you are as guilty as a harlot, a whoremonger, a killer, a thief and a liar. What is the greatest commandment? Matthew 22:36-38 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart, and with ALL thy soul, and with ALL thy mind. THIS is the first and great commandment.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/2_heaven.htm