Nice change at Matchbook !

Re: Nice change at Matchbook !

A book rep presence to answer such stuff, would be Cool.

Doesn't have to at BFC level of posting, just explain your new stuff.

This is my interpretation of the new rules:

You offer something at +100, for $1,000

I take it, you win, you get my dime. Matchbook takes $10 more from me($1,010 total) and gives you $1,002. Matchbook makes $8.

I win, I get $990, Matchbook makes $10.

I was wrong. I think that last line should read
"I win, I get $990, you get $2, Matchbook makes $8."

ronaldn

EOG Member

One thing you are not taking into account is that the fee is on the lesser of the win or bet. So if your bet in bases (or anything else) is $100 to win $200 the fee is 1% of $100 or $1, not $2 as it would have been last year (1% of $200). I think this is going to be a much better deal. Time will tell.

This only hurts scalpers that are playing both sides at MB and even then it really is barely even hurting them. Commission used to be what? 1.9 or 2% for the winning side? 1% on each side isn't much different.

This only hurts scalpers that are playing both sides at MB and even then it really is barely even hurting them. Commission used to be what? 1.9 or 2% for the winning side? 1% on each side isn't much different.

It clearly effects a player on both sides, if accepting.

Commission was only on the NET win before.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I like this way better...I usually put out the price I am looking for so the no commission and getting a small kickback is nice. Even the 1% on accepted bets sounds nice. Love it.

It clearly effects a player on both sides, if accepting.

Commission was only on the NET win before.

If you're a scalper that bets big favorite ML's at MB and then big underdog ML's at another book then yeah, but most scalpers I know don't really do that....we stick around the spread and -110 lines.

Before, if you played a -110 line at another book, you had to get +113 at MB to make it profitable. +112 and you lose pennies.

Now, I can make money scalping a -110 at another book and a +112 at MB. A tiny amount of course, but still.....this really doesn't hurt many scalpers

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Both BetFair and Matchbook got on the rag about players that green out the event. Make no mistake about it - MB is doing it to collect commission on every single transaction and they think they will make more money with this new format. It's just not a favor to the players.

Which is fine - it just pisses them off to see someone in and out of an event - 10 times - green it out - and pay a small commission. This must grind up their seeding/prop players - whomever they are and they piss and moan.

But, I agree - I think it will do a great deal to boost the liquidity they have on some interactive events. Hopefully, they could go interactive with every baseball game of the board. With this format - I don't see why not.

It will definitely stimulate players to make offers - those guys can still green it out like before. Maybe it will create more action in the marketplace than ever before - hope so!

:cheers

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

The commission doesn't really get broken down in the transaction report. If you made an offer - took an offer or two - it all gets boiled together. You might end up with less than 1% that way but you cannot really see how much was what?

There did seem to be some players in the interactives tonight. I guess if there are more offer available to take it will be good for everybody. Hope it works.

Now, if the banking could just be fixed. This place might not be geared right now for the small player that has to do a lot of banking. Big players may dominate this marketplace. But, a good price is a good price as long it is possible to get paid.

91023i2ndw;l

Didn't see this discussed in this thread, but it looks like MB has reduced their new commission for live betting:

LIVE TRADING RATES
In response to client feedback, Matchbook will reduce live rates to 0.5% accept side, -0.2% offer side. Our current goal is to encourage more live market-making, which we hope outweighs any cost increases to accept-side-only, multi-team traders.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Didn't see this discussed in this thread, but it looks like MB has reduced their new commission for live betting:

Yes, that's the way it was calculated last night. I guess what they meant by the multi team traders remark is they don't want to chase them away??? If they get .005 of every trade they will do all right. Actually, no need to lose focus on the importance of being on the right side except for the greener's.

:+clueless

Yes, that's the way it was calculated last night. I guess what they meant by the multi team traders remark is they don't want to chase them away??? If they get .005 of every trade they will do all right. Actually, no need to lose focus on the importance of being on the right side except for the greener's.

:+clueless

So "accept-side-only, multi-team traders" seems to be MB's politically correct term for scalpers. :+textinb3 Interestingly, MB also chose to forgo another popular, though largely European, variant: arbitrage bettors.

They made the right choice I think, else they’d spend a million hours explaining the definition of either “scalper” or “arbitrage bettor” to Joe Public; it’s best to spell it out clearly as “accept-side-only, multi-team bettors”.

Analyzing their chosen parlance aside, I agree they did seem to listen to the concerns of the scalpers on the message boards who voiced their negative opinions, especially about being fucked over in live betting. Good work, MB.