Nice change at Matchbook !

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1">
</td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">A FAREWELL TO 2% COMMISSIONS</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top"> Next week, Matchbook will dramatically cut commissions by eliminating our 2% net-win commission system and shifting to a much simpler volume-based one. Matchbook won't earn as much per trade, but we believe this change will drive the next phase of growth on the exchange.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of FAREWELL TO 2% COMMISSIONS--> <tr><!-- HOW IT WORKS--> <td colspan="2"><!-- HOW IT WORKS --> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">HOW IT WORKS</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top"> The new system is based on bet size, regardless of whether your trade wins or loses. If you accept an offer, the fee is 1.0%. If you post an offer that is accepted, not only is there no fee, but Matchbook will pay you 0.2%. As demonstrated lately on many financial exchanges, liquidity explodes when people are paid to make offers.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of HOW IT WORKS--> <tr><!-- HOW WE CALCULATE THE RATE --> <td colspan="2"><!-- HOW WE CALCULATE THE RATE --> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">HOW WE CALCULATE THE RATE</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top"> Commission rates of 1.0% or -0.2% will be applied to the lesser of your "bet" or "to win" amount. So regardless of whether you bet $1,000 to win $5,000, or $5,000 to win $1,000, your bet size is treated as only $1,000. In both cases, you pay $10 in commissions if you accept an offer, or you are paid $2 if your offer is accepted. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of HOW WE CALCULATE THE RATE--> <tr><!-- WHO THIS HELPS--> <td colspan="2"><!-- WHO THIS HELPS--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">WHO THIS HELPS</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top">Pretty much everyone. To start with, 1% on volume costs less than 2% net-win because of the generous way we define your bet size (see above). If you post offers, the savings are obviously far greater. And with everyone incentivized to post offers, we expect to see much tighter, deeper markets across the board.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of WHO THIS HELPS--> <tr><!-- WHO THIS HURTS--> <td colspan="2"><!-- WHO THIS HURTS--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">WHO THIS HURTS</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top"> Because we charge based on volume instead of net win, scalpers will need to pay more to accept offers on both sides of the same market. Of course, they can still trade across markets at far lower cost than before by taking advantage of our offer-side subsidy.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of WHO THIS HURTS--> <tr><!-- FUTURES--> <td colspan="2"><!-- FUTURES AND BASEBALL--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">FUTURES MARKETS AND BASEBALL</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top">Any long-term markets currently underway will remain on the old net-win system until expiry. All new long-term markets will be volume-based as soon as they are loaded. Baseball will continue to be offered at a discount.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of FUTURES--> <tr><!-- FEEDBACK--> <td colspan="2"><!-- FEEDBACK--> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" style="padding-top: 2px;" valign="top" width="1"> </td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">FEEDBACK</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top">We anticipate fine-tuning the rates for specific sports and market types as we go forward. Any such changes will be announced in advance on the website. In the meantime, please send your thoughts on the new commission system to: ideas@matchbook.com.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr><!-- end of FEEDBACK--> </tbody></table>

Re: Nice change at Matchbook !

now, hopefully they get Moneygram/WU as a deposit option.

They have CBB totals and ML's now.

ensign_lee

EOG Addicted

If they could just make it easy to deposit (like BetJamaica or Skybook or hell, a damn lot of the other books out there), they'd be be #1 by a long shot. s it is, I have to deposit to another book, roll it once, and then transfer before I can ever get a dollar into matchbook.

That being said, this is cool!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

impressive...now if wsex just allowed free transfers into their own company matchbook ...

did baseball just get better to bet at matchbook then before?

Not sure. Last year, baseball commissions were 1% of the win. With this new format, Matchbook takes a percentage of the bet (win or lose) and it's unclear what the percentage will be for baseball.

Not sure. Last year, baseball commissions were 1% of the win. With this new format, Matchbook takes a percentage of the bet (win or lose) and it's unclear what the percentage will be for baseball.

They can't take a %age of a loss.

A loss is a loss.

I'm going to ask in their chat to clarify what exactly they mean by "MLB will still be offered at a discount"... will post back...

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Could help get some pretty good numbers with this format, even if accepting an offer. A lot more will be putting out offers to beat the other offers to dodge the commission. Should be interesting...wish they would have had cbb totals earlier in the year. 2348ji23e

The guy in chat told me that MLB will be offered at 1%. The new commission rules will be in effect as well.

Hello more European money! I will guess that this new commission system will attract some of the money into matchbook that normally has been played at Betfair. Now if only US players could deposit as easily to the place as the rest of the civilized world, it would be really something.

Seems like they will get piles of cash on both sides since the incentive is to make offers. Having them take 1% of the bet instead of 2% of the win does make the vig higher. I'm not as excited about the new commission format as I was earlier, but I'm still interested to see how it works out.

Seems like they will get piles of cash on both sides since the incentive is to make offers. Having them take 1% of the bet instead of 2% of the win does make the vig higher. I'm not as excited about the new commission format as I was earlier, but I'm still interested to see how it works out.

disagree, they are only taking 1% of the win, on ACCEPTED bets.

They reduced vig, a lot...unless I misunderstand it ?

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-bottom: 1px solid black; font-family: verdana,arial; font-size: 12px; height: 1px;" nowrap="nowrap">HOW WE CALCULATE THE RATE</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px;" valign="top"> Commission rates of 1.0% or -0.2% will be applied to the lesser of your "bet" or "to win" amount. So regardless of whether you bet $1,000 to win $5,000, or $5,000 to win $1,000, your bet size is treated as only $1,000. In both cases, you pay $10 in commissions if you accept an offer, or you are paid $2 if your offer is accepted. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

If you win $1,000...they take $10

If you lose the dime, you already lost, no extra fee !

unless I'm not seeing something ?

My take...could be wrong ?

once new rules take effect:

You offer something at +100, for $1,000

I take it, you win, you get my dime, and $2 extra. Matchbook loses $2

I win, I get $990, Matchbook makes $10

In theory, this will send their volume/liquidity through the ROOF

In theory, yes !

didn't work at Mansion,though !

I've been winning there, very nicely, made 3 transfers out of MB this week, to 5dimes (twice), and Greek...handled quickly !

I did have to take a check withdrawal ( since I deposited CC),...took the minimum ($30), just to comply, it's been over a week ( regular mail) without getting it, don't really care about that, just playing the game. As long as they transfer, they are A+ to me.

They really need to get the deposit shit together, to make this work.

BSims

EOG Addicted

They might be going to deduct $1010 from your account when you take the bet. In which case they get their $10 whether you win or lose.

If they do this, it will be more costly for baseball. Lets say last year you made two wagers at +100 for $1000 each and won one and lost one, your commission would be $10. I suspect this year your commission will total $20.

I don't read it that way. What if I only have $1,000 in the account, and bet it all ?

I think , what I've been saying is correct.

munson15

I want winners...

They might be going to deduct $1010 from your account when you take the bet. In which case they get their $10 whether you win or lose.

If they do this, it will be more costly for baseball. Lets say last year you made two wagers at +100 for $1000 each and won one and lost one, your commission would be $10. I suspect this year your commission will total $20.
That's exactly what I was afraid of, that pricing for basaeball can't get any better. They are throwing the bone of the +0.2 at you, but for bettors simply accepting offers, this would make baseball more expensive.

BSims

EOG Addicted

I don't read it that way. What if I only have $1,000 in the account, and bet it all ?

I think , what I've been saying is correct.

In this situation, I'd assume they would reject your wager because you didn't have enough in your account. You could bet $990 (and some change) though.

If two different games ( under old rules) , commission would be $20, same thing.

If both sides of the same game, bets would cancel out, no fees.

I see no increase in fees, a decrease, in fact !

I think they are still working out details ?

This is my interpretation of the new rules:

I take it, you win, you get my dime. Matchbook takes $10 more from me($1,010 total) and gives you $1,002. Matchbook makes $8.

I win, I get $990, Matchbook makes $10.

That's exactly what I was afraid of, that pricing for basaeball can't get any better. They are throwing the bone of the +0.2 at you, but for bettors simply accepting offers, this would make baseball more expensive.

Correct! That's why I'm confused when Matchbook says "Baseball will continue to be offered at a discount," yet commissions are 1%. 1% on wins is A LOT different than 1% on bets.

BSims

EOG Addicted

I think it will cost more to bet baseball if you accept bets (not offer them). On the other hand, even paying 1% on all bets beats the hell out of what you pay in vig to other books.

I think it will cost more to bet baseball if you accept bets (not offer them). On the other hand, even paying 1% on all bets beats the hell out of what you pay in vig to other books.

Also correct!

munson15

I want winners...

Agree with both of you, Kinosh and BSims. 1% is still a helluva discount over most places, but I would think they'd want you to feel like you were gaining, not losing, with the new rules. I'm confused, and maybe Doug is right, we should wait to see what's in store. I do most of my baseball there and that isn't likely to change regardless of how this plays out.

In this situation, I'd assume they would reject your wager because you didn't have enough in your account. You could bet $990 (and some change) though.

I'm 99%+ sure you are wrong.

HOW IT WORKS The new system is based on bet size, regardless of whether your trade wins or loses. If you accept an offer, the fee is 1.0%. If you post an offer that is accepted, not only is there no fee, but Matchbook will pay you 0.2%. As demonstrated lately on many financial exchanges, liquidity explodes when people are paid to make offers.

The only loser is the guy that accepts a bet at +100, changes his mind, accepts another bet on the other side at +100.

This guy now loses 1% ?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Yep Match is a must have for bases and nhl. Will definitely get most of my action...a little at 5D and Betjam as well.

should be the same as last year, if you only accept, 1% of win amount.

objective is to increase offers and get 1 cent spreads, the way I read it. This (hopefully) gets huge volume.

I'm 99%+ sure you are wrong.

HOW IT WORKS The new system is based on bet size, regardless of whether your trade wins or loses. If you accept an offer, the fee is 1.0%. If you post an offer that is accepted, not only is there no fee, but Matchbook will pay you 0.2%. As demonstrated lately on many financial exchanges, liquidity explodes when people are paid to make offers.

The only loser is the guy that accepts a bet at +100, changes his mind, accepts another bet on the other side at +100.

This guy now loses 1% ?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: verdana,arial; HEIGHT: 1px" noWrap>WHO THIS HURTS</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" vAlign=top>Because we charge based on volume instead of net win, scalpers will need to pay more to accept offers on both sides of the same market. Of course, they can still trade across markets at far lower cost than before by taking advantage of our offer-side subsidy.

If you accept an offer +100 for $1,000, Matchbook takes $10 from you immediately. If you accept another offer (whether it's the same side or the other side), Matchbook will take another 1%.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>